• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Guests who are unable to safely climb stairs while in standby line

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
If the standby line requires guests to climb and navigate stairs and the guest has a physical disability that renders them unable to safely climb the stairs, how can they still participate if they do not qualify for the DAS pass and the guest does not wish to purchase Genie Plus or Lightning Lane.

The CM will direct you to the non stair entrance immediately or give you a return time on your MB just like a DAS.

The only ride I can think of with stairs in the queue is TSMM, and there's always a CM before the stairs to send you another way. Are there any other rides with stairs in the queue?

The only ride I can think of with stairs in the queue is TSMM, and there's always a CM before the stairs to send you another way. Are there any other rides with stairs in the queue?
Yes, Midway Mania has stairs in the queue for one track. If that track is not in use, CMs will direct you to the accessible boarding area.

Splash Mountain has stairs in the main queue with a bypass & waiting area right before getting to the stairs.

Big Thunder Mountain has a couple of shallow steps in the Standby line right at the entrance (next to where guests scan to use the Lightning Lane). The LL is ramped and there is a rope that can be opened to let guests in the Standby line into the LL for a few feet to bypass the steps.

There are a few others; post 28 on Page 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs has more info and also info about attractions with moving walkways.

If the standby line requires guests to climb and navigate stairs and the guest has a physical disability that renders them unable to safely climb the stairs, how can they still participate if they do not qualify for the DAS pass and the guest does not wish to purchase Genie Plus or Lightning Lane.
all standby lines have a way around the stairs for wheelchairs. I walk with a cane and have been sent that way without even asking, no DAS needed. for sure have done this at Splash Mountain and Toy Story Mania

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter