Guests Managing Expectations When Comparing Disneyland Paris To the Other Parks

Thanks. Not something I've seen before.

Wow, that makes the "FAO DISabled" titled thread sound even worse than I thought.

Also makes the "FAO photopass" make no sense - unless you are expecting a photopass to read a thread :)

some of those threads are written by by people whose first language is not English, this is the Disneyland Paris section. Many Disneyland Paris regular visitors are from France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy, and many other countries where English is not the first language. In Europe we are used to the miss arrangement of words in English sentences, as people translate from their first language to English. We do not expect people to speak perfect English when we know its not their first language and we do not make fun of their mistakes! We are multi cultural, multi language, all inclusive people here who have visited Disneyland Paris multiple times

some of those threads are written by by people whose first language is not English, this is the Disneyland Paris section. Many Disneyland Paris regular visitors are from France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy, and many other countries where English is not the first language. In Europe we are used to the miss arrangement of words in English sentences, as people translate from their first language to English. We do not expect people to speak perfect English when we know its not their first language and we do not make fun of their mistakes! We are multi cultural, multi language, all inclusive people here who have visited Disneyland Paris multiple times

But it is okay to make fun of Americans? Got it :)

I live in Europe by the way. And here we do not speak to people as condescendingly as you appear comfortable doing. Guess that shows how generalizations cause problems.

Listen, if you’re going to target a specific nationality you could at least do it in a grammatically correct way.

I can’t possibly take an insult seriously otherwise.

Apologies, I thought I managed to change the titles on all of the threads. As stated I was working all weekend. As for other titles, English may not be their first language so it doesn't always translate properly.

In future if people have issues, message me so I can get a jump on it. Thanks :)

Apologies, I thought I managed to change the titles on all of the threads. As stated I was working all weekend. As for other titles, English may not be their first language so it doesn't always translate properly.

In future if people have issues, message me so I can get a jump on it. Thanks :)

Thanks - I had messaged a different mod.

Note that the language in the posts themselves are specific to Americans - not just the titles.

@Tink, I just thought of something you might want to add to the first list of what to expect for foods. There are no Mickey Waffles (except for the special now ;-) )

Terrific info, thanks! I’ve only just started to think about DLP someday, and it’s good to know.
you are welcome and that is the whole point, we want first time visitors to enjoy Disneyland Paris. By giving as much info as possible and preparing people that Disneyland Paris is the same but different, hopefully first time visitors will focus on experiencing new things instead of being negative about missing the things they are used

It still says 'American visitors need to...' all throughout the first post. I'm not American but this still seems pretty rude to me, such a generalisation. I've met many brits, Canadians, Australians and Mexicans who have only ever done the US parks who get a shock when they go to DLP.

English as a first language or not, this post was and is still very much a dig at Americans, rather than non-DLP natives as a whole.

As an American, I am not and was not offended in the least. There's just WAY too much offended-ness going on. People need to get over it.

Yet if we replaced “Americans” with Brits or Spaniard or Japanese people would lose their ever loving minds...

Yet if we replaced “Americans” with Brits or Spaniard or Japanese people would lose their ever loving minds...

That is a generalization from your part that everyone is offended equally. I wouldn't be offended, if you could give me a good explanation. Like for me if said you had done so because we Dutch people only know Efteling as a theme park and Disney is a whole different level. If there, for example, were more Dutch people complaining about the lack of Unox sausage sandwiches at DLP or how a French crepe is definitely not a Dutch pannenkoek and think this is a flaw. Then yes, I would understand the aim of managing expectations of the majority and I wouldn't feel offended.

Last edited:
I've been a member here 14 years and have been visiting DLP for every one of those years.
In all that time I have only ever seen American people getting upset by this sort of thing, then usually on someone else's behalf, and thankfully not that often.

The vast majority of questions from non-UK nationals on this (and other) DLP boards come from Americans, usually ahead of their first trip. They realise there are differences and sensibly ask ahead of time. Given that this board is primarily English language it is logical for Americans to ask questions here.

Now, given what I said, and given that Disney is a US institution, and the resorts originated there, it is neither targeting nor profiling to try and help the majority of questioners with some FAQ threads.

I'll be going to DLP for the first time this year! Late August or very early September. Does anyone know if crowd levels vary greatly from the last week of August to the first week of Sept? I see that hotel prices drop a bit in early Sept so I'm assuming crowds do as well.

Great thread - thanks! :thumbsup2

I'll be going to DLP for the first time this year! Late August or very early September. Does anyone know if crowd levels vary greatly from the last week of August to the first week of Sept? I see that hotel prices drop a bit in early Sept so I'm assuming crowds do as well.

Great thread - thanks! :thumbsup2

Schools are back in session 1st of September, so if you are flexible, I would go first week of Sep.

It still says 'American visitors need to...' all throughout the first post. I'm not American but this still seems pretty rude to me, such a generalisation.

As an American, I was not offended. I wish I would have had a thread like this a few years ago when I went to DLP. It was an absolute disappointment. Dirty, tons of gross cigarette smoke, and miserable cast members.

I actually take it as a compliment that someone would start this thread knowing that American standards are much higher than what DLP has to offer.

I've also heard that many of these things have improved recently since Disney took over control of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter