Guest with car joining us 3 nights of 5, how will resort parking be charged?

lostprincess_danie

Mouseketeer
My family will be staying 5 nights at CBR. My mother will be joining us for 3 of those nights (we will add her to our reservation once she arrives and pay the additional adult fee). She will have a car, we will not. The resort parking fee should only be charged for those 3 nights that her car is at the resort, correct? Or will we be charged parking for the full 5 nights?

When you add her to the reservation you can make it clear that the car is only there those three nights. Then check your resort folio to make sure that's all you get charged for and go to the front desk/email billing if they charge you for more.
Or if they don't ask about a car, don't bring it up and keep an eye on your charges to see if they charge you at all. I don't know how they keep track, but I've been charged when we didn't have a car at all so they aren't very good at it.

Or if they don't ask about a car, don't bring it up and keep an eye on your charges to see if they charge you at all.

Not advisable, as your mom's car could get towed since CBR is on the Skyliner route with easy access to Epcot.

Cars are far more likely to be towed at the Epcot or monorail resorts because of people trying to avoid the theme park lot fees by parking at a resort.

Save all of you hassle and her the possible expense by simply giving the front desk the dates her car will be associated with your reservation before she arrives.

Not advisable, as your mom's car could get towed since CBR is on the Skyliner route with easy access to Epcot.

Cars are far more likely to be towed at the Epcot or monorail resorts because of people trying to avoid the theme park lot fees by parking at a resort.

Save all of you hassle and her the possible expense by simply giving the front desk the dates her car will be associated with your reservation before she arrives.
I'm not saying to lie at the guard shack, just if they don't ask at the front desk don't bring it up yourself. How would they even know to tow it? They don't give passes or take license plates.

I'm not saying to lie at the guard shack, just if they don't ask at the front desk don't bring it up yourself. How would they even know to tow it? They don't give passes or take license plates.

My experience has been it’s going through the guard and whatever they type in their device is what triggers the parking charge. I haven’t been asked at the front desk if I have a car in a long time (not to mention the countless people that bypass the front desk), but get rightfully charged (most) every time.

When you stop at the gate upon arriving at a resort and are asked if you are checking in or have a dining reservation, there are cameras trained on your car that record and timestamp your arrival, connecting that info with what the guard gets from seeing your ID and verifying your reservation in the system. Not all guards ask for ID but they do ask for name and type of reservation at these resorts.

Disney does indeed tow cars left beyond the 3 hours allowed on a dining reservation. We've been asked when dining at Victoria & Albert's if we needed a parking voucher once we'd been there for about 3 hours since dinner there easily takes 3-1/2 to 4 hours. We've also seen/heard a driver arguing with a tow truck driver that he'd "only gone into Epcot for a minute or two" while parked at BWI.

My experience has been it’s going through the guard and whatever they type in their device is what triggers the parking charge. I haven’t been asked at the front desk if I have a car in a long time (not to mention the countless people that bypass the front desk), but get rightfully charged (most) every time.
I've been charged for parking when I didn't have a car and never entered the resort on anything but a Disney bus. Whatever their method is it isn't great.

I've been charged for parking when I didn't have a car and never entered the resort on anything but a Disney bus. Whatever their method is it isn't great.
Naturally, any system has flaws, and perhaps a security guard typoed something or clicked on the wrong screen line. That's why it's wise to request a printout of charges every now and then during your stay and the day before you leave to catch such errors.

The point I was making is that the policy is resort guests pay to park (with certain exceptions), so when a guest with car is arriving later on a carless reservation, it's advisable to say so to the front desk.

Others may choose to take a chance they won't be charged or the car towed--as ever, YMMV.

I have 2 rooms booked but bringing only one car , do i need to be sure I only get charged for one vehicle?

I have 2 rooms booked but bringing only one car , do i need to be sure I only get charged for one vehicle?
Definitely look at your bill before you leave and make sure it’s right.
Their system on this is not great. It might be right, it might not be.

Thank you I will be sure to do that I honestly didn’t even think about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter