Guest Services at BCV

sev34

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are getting ready for our first trip "Home" -- a one-week stay in a two bedroom unit at BCV starting March 13th.

After mulling it over, I think that we might take the plunge on Annual Passes. Since we have three children under five, we are trying to do as much planning as possible. So, my question is this: Can Guest Services at BCV set us up with APs in an efficient way, or should we be ordering in advance. Also, we have a number of PH passes, with varying numbers of unused days. Are they able to take those from us and apply some credit towards the cost of the APS.

Thanks for your help.::MickeyMo

Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe you can buy APs at the resorts. We've always ordered them in advance, saving a few bucks with the now defunct Disney Club discount.

I believe the only place to get them, on site, is at guest services at one of the parks. The closest place to the BCV to do that would be at the International Gateway. And, yes, I believe they will give you credit for unused park hoppers. Think about it first, though. They will only credit a prorated portion of the amount you paid for the hopper, not the value of the hopper today, and sometimes, depending on the age of the hopper (and other things), it's to your advantage to use the hopper first and then buy the new pass.

Pat

Thanks for the response. Is the International Gateway the entrance to Epcot that you can walk to from BCV?

THe only problem with using old hopper passes as a credit towards an AP is that if you've used ANY plusses off the hopper passes, you have to purchase a Premium Annual Pass and not the regular hopper pass. Those are usually about $150 more per pass, but allow entry to all major and minor parks.

Originally posted by inky dinky doo
I believe the only place to get them, on site, is at guest services at one of the parks. The closest place to the BCV to do that would be at the International Gateway. And, yes, I believe they will give you credit for unused park hoppers. Think about it first, though. They will only credit a prorated portion of the amount you paid for the hopper, not the value of the hopper today, and sometimes, depending on the age of the hopper (and other things), it's to your advantage to use the hopper first and then buy the new pass.

Pat

We bought ours at the International Gateway. Remarks about credit for hoppers are correct, but as a practical matter it usually makes all the sense in the world to get credit for old hoppers anyway unless they are quite old. It is usually only a few dollars per day difference, and once you start buying AP's, using leftover hopper passes becomes problematical to say the least. Getting credit for those old hoppers NOW is probably better than postponing their use into the indefinite future, except for the scenario jel0511 described.

Buying annual passes at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot is very easy. We bought just last week. Walked over from BCV, went to a ticket window, bought our AP's and were inside the park within minutes. We didn't have to go to guest relations to buy the AP's. The CM at the ticket window was able to sell them to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter