Guest drop-off then park the car?

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
I am a seasoned WDW traveler but typically stay on-site and use the buses. We have driven to the parks, but it's rare, so I'm not very familiar with the parking situation. This trip I am staying off-site and will be traveling with my mom (very active and mobile) and my aunt (not active, has had a knee replacement). We are going to play it by ear and get a wheelchair for my aunt if/when needed, but my question now is if I can drop them off near the entrance to the parks (or TTC for MK) and then park the car? It'd be nice to avoid a long walk for her just to get to the entrance if possible. I can see something about guest drop-off on some maps but I'm not sure how it works. Thanks for any input!

You can also ask to park closer to the tram drop off pick up for mobility needs when you go to park if she is able to get in and out of the tram, when you go to pay for parking I would ask the CM there what your best chose will be.

You can also ask to park closer to the tram drop off pick up for mobility needs when you go to park if she is able to get in and out of the tram, when you go to pay for parking I would ask the CM there what your best chose will be.
Great suggestion, thank you!

Hollywood Studios has a long walk for everyone right now. Like, ridiculously long. I agree with gap and ask for the closest point for the tram. At MK, the walk even from the tram to the transportation option (ferry or monorail) can be long as well. The Monorail ramp is a very long slope. We actually prefer the ferry because of that.

Hollywood Studios has a long walk for everyone right now. Like, ridiculously long. I agree with gap and ask for the closest point for the tram. At MK, the walk even from the tram to the transportation option (ferry or monorail) can be long as well. The Monorail ramp is a very long slope. We actually prefer the ferry because of that.
Fortunately Hollywood Studios is the one park we're skipping on this trip. This fall I convinced my friend that the walk from Hollywood Studios to Epcot was a really nice walk - but then we had to go forever out of the way. Nope, not nice anymore. And yes, I agree, we were planning on taking the ferry over to MK instead of the Monorail. There's something fun about arriving to MK by boat. :) I'll definitely ask to park close to the tram stop and we'll figure things out after that. If she's struggling with just the walk to the front gate then we'll get a wheelchair upon entry. Thank you!

Not anymore. It looks like they opened it up for the race the other day.

PviMf1cE4g_JUPOu04KOGIRpgPEnA6EX46NowKU_y-CuqlO29FGj9KP6sgSV7YJNmoqzKlHCPCRNcaacEHw5X96tCRC--TCapQb6fsXMhCFj5bYLSIbsnvmUaOA6PUgp63ef3GE2HQugS9TtCFpB8X-06dfgm8GN04ChPxiUxj6jiE5g8Skvhm-hDQ9pXktEAjeaNXHdWUfBznYNRTEIkFa8_tgSCJIoMnvPASbT_I3Be28eTV6whR-3vHHksqBF2ICDxBfpIN883SrA63QSEzEWn33JWARA8hTYKHm21P3K7pEOmVI3XLu-nWAnngznDbkK1bpDqfPeNXRo8aJxYvK8LdfymsQvcPuItUCxmix3t7RyRhYW_we3wIFZ6PF2OtGWo6jHCanl8cGEmb4liloX8rGbLC9az0KVhslSJ2xPMdE08lIcvFGaeq0Rqo9AiHuVf07QKI93KmYdwsxoCF4wAXcOEik_wPaNgtz5v7HxAtZ0s1LDuSd1qrbqyQef-vzCj4YziVRuubnPA81EgV1k6pXqZEUoacZxoYpcnS364Iba-BRDksX1CQObNL2q-Q5S6bGIwaXfyQP9elCgbPVlBQdUXcomms-B_nokGupHFYOhJuGJmuHroXsHpvTvEygcTnExtWwVu9kBzlu7ZPHT=w1200-h675-no

Bioreconstruct said that they closed the old bypass and opened up the new sidewalk by the lake.

Top right, I see they still have the gondola area new bus stops closed off, but that new building below the gondola section is opened up and shows the sidewalk to EPCOT is open. I think that the new building is for restrooms.

Maybe someone else at DHS can confirm this for you.

Fortunately Hollywood Studios is the one park we're skipping on this trip. This fall I convinced my friend that the walk from Hollywood Studios to Epcot was a really nice walk - but then we had to go forever out of the way. Nope, not nice anymore. And yes, I agree, we were planning on taking the ferry over to MK instead of the Monorail. There's something fun about arriving to MK by boat. :) I'll definitely ask to park close to the tram stop and we'll figure things out after that. If she's struggling with just the walk to the front gate then we'll get a wheelchair upon entry. Thank you!

I will be down this weekend If I stop at HS I can let you all know how the parking is, but it will be a very short 2 day trip so not sure if I will be at HS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter