Guesses about Dec 2023 release for Magic and Wonder?

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
Any best guesses about when they’re going to put out December 2023 Magic and Wonder itineraries? I know some people out there have mentioned ports that have been booked for those two ships. But I just don’t know what’s holding them back? Do you think that there’s gonna be a big announcement or will I have to look week by week until something shows up? Or do you believe that they will just put in a week here, a week there? Until it’s all confirmed? Does anyone happen to know where the Magic or the Wonder will be December 18 through the 24th? Is there a port confirmed for either one of the ships?

There will definitely be a big announcement for the Wonder since it's not listing any sailings past September,and the rumors put it in Australia for their summer season. (Maybe announced at D23 expo that starts on 9/9.) For the Magic, I suspect the late December cruises will be released with the January -May cruises sometime this fall. Stopping releases around the Panama canal and transatlantic cruises is a typical thing Disney does.

So does anyone know of any ports for the Wonder, October through December in the Caribbean, Bahamas or Mexican ports? That does sound like a valuable tidbit of information to release at the D23 event on 9/9. But seems they would additionally announce a second but lesser value announcement for the Magic as well then. Perhaps may be a new show? Disney terminal in Galveston? Maybe both? They were talking to Galveston early in the pandemic if I’m not mistaken.

There will definitely be a big announcement for the Wonder since it's not listing any sailings past September,and the rumors put it in Australia for their summer season. (Maybe announced at D23 expo that starts on 9/9.) For the Magic, I suspect the late December cruises will be released with the January -May cruises sometime this fall. Stopping releases around the Panama canal and transatlantic cruises is a typical thing Disney does.
I thought someone mentioned they saw a "dry dock" scheduled for the Wonder in an earlier thread too.

So does anyone know of any ports for the Wonder, October through December in the Caribbean, Bahamas or Mexican ports? That does sound like a valuable tidbit of information to release at the D23 event on 9/9. But seems they would additionally announce a second but lesser value announcement for the Magic as well then. Perhaps may be a new show? Disney terminal in Galveston? Maybe both? They were talking to Galveston early in the pandemic if I’m not mistaken.
While it's still a rumor, it really sounds like the Wonder will be in Australia from October 2023 until sometime in 2024. It will definitely not be in the Bahamas/Caribbean since they're sending the Magic through the Panama Canal in October 2023 for less than 2 months of Mexican Riviera cruises then bringing it back in December. I think the Magic will do a couple months of cruises from Galveston, then move to another port for a couple months (maybe New Orleans)... basically doing the Wonder's old schedule.

Well, but last time that happened, all we got were a bunch of extra Baha cruises from San Diego.
Doesn’t make sense they would have the Magic go through the canal on October if they planned to keep the Wonder on the west coast at that time too.

Doesn’t make sense they would have the Magic go through the canal on October if they planned to keep the Wonder on the west coast at that time too.
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that a delayed announcement doesn't always mean something good.

IMO the Wonder is not in tip-top shape at the moment. I think it's on its way to Australia eventually but I think it needs a dry dock first.

IMO the Wonder is not in tip-top shape at the moment. I think it's on its way to Australia eventually but I think it needs a dry dock first.
What were you thinking they need it done? If I were to make a suggestion for all ships it would be to have one USB charging port for every bed in the room at a minimum since we’re all required to carry a phone now in lue of navigator.
It was quite annoying to have to stand over by the desk in the cabin attached to USB cord to discuss what we were hoping to do the next day, because the phone was dead!

Disney terminal in Galveston?
RCL is building new terminal in Galveston, but they sail year-round from Galveston with multiple ships. The new terminal will be big enough for the Oasis class and the Allure will sail from Galveston. I would be surprised if Disney were to build a terminal in a location that they only use for a couple of months each year.

On the WBPC this March, the Wonder creaked like no tomorrow on any hint of rough waters or a storm. Beyond cosmetics, it needs some TLC under the hood.

Last edited:
What were you thinking they need it done? If I were to make a suggestion for all ships it would be to have one USB charging port for every bed in the room at a minimum since we’re all required to carry a phone now in lue of navigator.
It was quite annoying to have to stand over by the desk in the cabin attached to USB cord to discuss what we were hoping to do the next day, because the phone was dead!
USB-A ports are obsolete. Every new phone that comes out is either USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to Lightning. Your phone would charge much faster if you used a USB-C brick.

USB-A ports are obsolete. Every new phone that comes out is either USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to Lightning. Your phone would charge much faster if you used a USB-C brick.
The charging ports could obviously be USB-C instead. Who said that they have to be USB-A? Or, why not both?

Of course, none of this matters if you're charging your phone overnight. It'll have plenty of time to charge, even with a USB-A to USB-C cable.

The charging ports could obviously be USB-C instead. Who said that they have to be USB-A? Or, why not both?

Of course, none of this matters if you're charging your phone overnight. It'll have plenty of time to charge, even with a USB-A to USB-C cable.
I'm just always puzzled when people talk about this shortage of outlets in hotel rooms or cruise ships or anywhere else. I plug my phone in when I got back to the room and it's fully charged by the time I get out of the shower. I think the need to "charge overnight" is the product of people upgrading their phones to more and more powerful devices without upgrading their power supplies accordingly. A 2014 charger will take forever to charge a 2022 phone.

I'm just always puzzled when people talk about this shortage of outlets in hotel rooms or cruise ships or anywhere else. I plug my phone in when I got back to the room and it's fully charged by the time I get out of the shower. I think the need to "charge overnight" is the product of people upgrading their phones to more and more powerful devices without upgrading their power supplies accordingly. A 2014 charger will take forever to charge a 2022 phone.
I think it's just habit. Besides, I'm not using my phone while I sleep, so why not charge it then? Many hotels, especially older hotels and ones that haven't renovated recently, only have 1-2 available electrical outlets and they're usually occupied by an alarm clock or something and are difficult to reach. That's why people complain. Disney's ships are better.

I've posted this before and I'm posting it again!! We have a Disney ship contract here in Texas - and we wanna use it!! Well, at least I DO! It's rough going out of Galveston in the fall/winter for those of us who have motion sickness, but we love the option.

"The agreement is for an additional 10 years, starting Nov. 1, 2018, and includes an option to renew for two additional five-year periods, according to a Jan. 17 press release. Disney is projected to nearly double its sailings from Galveston over the first five years of the potentially 20-year agreement, per the release."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston...xt=The Port of Galveston and,17 press release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter