Guardians of the Galaxy Land is possibly coming to Hollywood Studios

He said maybe. Things have been back and forth on GOTG.
That is what has me concerned. This came up to light a few weeks ago, and now that he has stated ONE option else, makes me think things have changed again. Just my opinion on what I have read.

you and your "sources" don't seem to be doing all that well.....

Per multiple insiders, and Chapek, himself ToT is safe in WDW.
we have one insider with solid history from WDWMagic.com that states WDW may not get GotG at all now, that any marvel push in WDW could be held off, he can't expand on why yet.

I'm doing great and my rumors are based on behind closed doors info. So they probably won't happen, but there's always a possibility.

Also I don't really care what wdwmagic posters have to say.

Personally I have no desire for Marvel in any of the current 4 parks.
Amen to that! They're doing it down the street and that's more than enough for me. There's more than enough Disney IP to fill all 4 parks and then some and why they don't use DISNEY branding is beyond me. No faith in their own product? I'm surprised there was no talk of a Tangled overlay in TOT. While I'm not a fan of changing and would rather see "added to", I could get behind that more that GoG. I'll duck from the tomatoes now. lol

I'm going to guess that more than a few people said the same thing about Avatarland....

Exactly, who knew that 2 turtles (Disney and Cameron) would work together. It's unprecedented, Disney usually doesn't work with other companies to build whole lands.

Plus Guardians 2 has already surpassed its predecessor at the box office. And if there's one thing Disney loves its making the moolah.

I'm going to guess that more than a few people said the same thing about Avatarland....
Yep and I was one of them. lol I still don't understand it, but I'm just happy to have something new to do at AK so I'll take it.....Though I would have much rather seen them expand on their OWN IP rather than doing something that would be a much better fit at IOA. I don't really think it matters so much how much money a film pulled in, those of us going to WDW get pretty excited about seeing Disney films come to life no matter which ones they are. Why Tarzan and Jungle Book aren't there are beyond me....Nemo? I just don't get it. They could have easily made an entire land of The Lion King but noooo....let's use this random movie. lol I'll never understand their thinking but I'll continue to fork over my hard earned dollars. lol I need a tattoo that says, "SUCKAA!"

Yep and I was one of them. lol I still don't understand it, but I'm just happy to have something new to do at AK so I'll take it.....Though I would have much rather seen them expand on their OWN IP rather than doing something that would be a much better fit at IOA. I don't really think it matters so much how much money a film pulled in, those of us going to WDW get pretty excited about seeing Disney films come to life no matter which ones they are. Why Tarzan and Jungle Book aren't there are beyond me....Nemo? I just don't get it. They could have easily made an entire land of The Lion King but noooo....let's use this random movie. lol I'll never understand their thinking but I'll continue to fork over my hard earned dollars. lol I need a tattoo that says, "SUCKAA!"

I agree. They have a lot of IP of their own that they could really build upon. I was disappointed they didn't continue with the "Lands" theme (Asia, Africa) etc... and do a land based on Australia or South America - think of what they could have done with the Rain Forests, wonderful conservation opportunities there. I mean, I've seen enough photos and read enough reviews now to know that sure, I'll really enjoy Avatarland, but I'll always feel like they missed the mark a bit. We would have far rather seen them create a beautiful land based on the very real beauty of what exists on our earth, instead of some sort of Sci-Fi thing (does Avatar count as Sci Fi? lol).

I agree. They have a lot of IP of their own that they could really build upon. I was disappointed they didn't continue with the "Lands" theme (Asia, Africa) etc... and do a land based on Australia or South America - think of what they could have done with the Rain Forests, wonderful conservation opportunities there. I mean, I've seen enough photos and read enough reviews now to know that sure, I'll really enjoy Avatarland, but I'll always feel like they missed the mark a bit. We would have far rather seen them create a beautiful land based on the very real beauty of what exists on our earth, instead of some sort of Sci-Fi thing (does Avatar count as Sci Fi? lol).
Yes it does and that's exactly why me no likey! lol

If they probably won't happen why post them?

If you want to be known as credible you need to discuss things that are very possible.

It is Disney, most things they develop won't be created.

Roger Rabbit Section (at DHS)
Muppets Section w/ Great Muppet Movie Ride (DHS)
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers (DHS)
Beastly Kingdom (DAK)
Cars Land (DHS)
Monsters Inc Door coaster (DHS)
Disney America

etc, etc, etc,

It is Disney, most things they develop won't be created.

Roger Rabbit Section (at DHS)
Muppets Section w/ Great Muppet Movie Ride (DHS)
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers (DHS)
Beastly Kingdom (DAK)
Cars Land (DHS)
Monsters Inc Door coaster (DHS)
Disney America

etc, etc, etc,
But those things are all vastly known. Carsland in Epcot is just crazy IMO and Guardians was looked at for DHS but determined as a no 6+ years ago.

But those things are all vastly known. Carsland in Epcot is just crazy IMO and Guardians was looked at for DHS but determined as a no 6+ years ago.

Cars land isn't happening, but I can see Guardians as being possible. At least it makes sense. Overall though I think she's just throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The most likely ride that will be created is Mission Breakout. Disney is loving the large crowds that are flocking to California Adventure. They are out of the gate in the middle hub area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter