Guardasil Vax For 12 Year Old Boy?

Would you have said the same thing if someone would have joked about his cancer diagnosis? They would have been ripped to shreds (rightfully so).

I agree we need jokesters here, but a life altering virus isn't the right time.

I just didn't get the joke. :laughing:

I mean, I like a pun as much as the next person, but "Guardasil Vax" and "Vagisil" aren't close to each other at all. You might as well ask, "Why does a 12 year old boy need a vaporizer? Or a vacuum? Or Valium?"

I'm okay with joking about life altering viruses, as long as they're good jokes.

I don't suppose you saw the South Park episode, where a well meaning philanthropist decides that what poor children need is personal assistants? Ie, aides.

Or, as it sounded to everyone listening to him...

zqwZVSq.png

Now that's funny!

(And yes, we joked a lot with my mother-in-law about her cancer diagnosis, before she died. Laughter may not be actual medicine, but it definitely made her feel better.)

Would you have said the same thing if someone would have joked about his cancer diagnosis? They would have been ripped to shreds (rightfully so).

I agree we need jokesters here, but a life altering virus isn't the right time.

That is why I agreed with you in this case. It isn't the right time.

I just didn't get the joke. :laughing:

I mean, I like a pun as much as the next person, but "Guardasil Vax" and "Vagisil" aren't close to each other at all. You might as well ask, "Why does a 12 year old boy need a vaporizer? Or a vacuum? Or Valium?"

I'm okay with joking about life altering viruses, as long as they're good jokes.

I don't suppose you saw the South Park episode, where a well meaning philanthropist decides that what poor children need is personal assistants? Ie, aides.

Or, as it sounded to everyone listening to him...

zqwZVSq.png

Now that's funny!

(And yes, we joked a lot with my mother-in-law about her cancer diagnosis, before she died. Laughter may not be actual medicine, but it definitely made her feel better.)

I don't watch South Park any more so I definitely missed that.

I'm not overly sensitive; it takes a lot to offend me. Having said that, when I went temporarily blind from my MS I would have stopped talking to anyone who decided it was the time to make a joke. I don't have a stick up my butt but serious illnesses, to me, is off limits.

I don't watch South Park any more so I definitely missed that.

I'm not overly sensitive; it takes a lot to offend me. Having said that, when I went temporarily blind from my MS I would have stopped talking to anyone who decided it was the time to make a joke. I don't have a stick up my butt but serious illnesses, to me, is off limits.

I'd hope I'd have known you well enough not to joke about going temporarily blind!

Me, if I went blind, my family would be joking about it a lot. Like we did when I first learned I have (fortunately minor, at the moment) cataracts. Like we did with my mother-in-law's cancer. Like we do at hospital bedsides and funerals. Like we've done with every serious illness any of us has ever endured.

However, I also think it's important to try to respect our friends and family's sensitivities. You never want to hurt someone you care about with all ill-timed joke.

It this particular case, I don't think the joke was inherently offensive, nor was it aimed at any particular individual who might be hurt by it, it was just... lame? :confused3

I must be misunderstanding you. Never having had any sexual activity should be a pretty good guarantee against any type of STD, if I still remember how all that works. ;)

Although not a common way of getting HPV, a mother can pass is to a baby while giving birth. It is absolutely possible to contract HPV and never have been sexually active. I think that's just one more reason the vaccine is needed.

I must be misunderstanding you. Never having had any sexual activity should be a pretty good guarantee against any type of STD, if I still remember how all that works. ;)
What percentage of the population never has sex? I think your only guarantee is a virgin matting another virgin, both never having any sexual activity. I think that is pretty rare.

What percentage of the population never has sex? I think your only guarantee is a virgin matting another virgin, both never having any sexual activity. I think that is pretty rare.

I'm now reminded of all the bad jokes I've ever made about trying to start a fire by rubbing two virgins together... :laughing:

It's okay to laugh WITH someone about their diagnosis.

It is NOT okay laugh AT the person.

I know I made a few jokes about it but then again that is a little different.

Is this a joke I can Google? You've got me hooked now, I need to know how it ends! :lmao:

No, I'm sorry! It's just a running gag in our family.

The history of it dates back to when we saw Cold Mountain, which has a very romantic "first sexual encounter" scene between the star crossed lovers, both of whom are implied to be virgins. It's so incredibly idealized and unrealistic, that it's downright hilarious. Just the idea that you could throw two inexperienced young people into a clinch and it'll be beautiful, was highly entertaining to us. And that, plus the snow, and everything else...

Every now and then, someone will ask, "What do you get when you rub two virgins together?"

The answers vary. Your guess is as good as mine! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter