Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

The discount we got was about 7-10%. Was a great adventure for our first cruise experience where we didn't have a cabin preference. We booked VGT (guaranteed veranda) and got a much larger cabin/veranda that standard. Was a great experience.

We just booked a VGT room on the Disney Fantasy for Oct. 5th, first cruise, and a surprise for my two boys (5 and 10). So, does the category 7A really only sleep 3, and if so will Disney try to put us (there are 4 of us) in that category?

I saw this question posted earlier but didn't see an answer- if you have a VGT (or IGT/OGT) booked, how do you know when you have a stateroom assigned? I've been checking online but will I also get an email when our room is assigned? TIA!

And while I promise to report back on our rooms, I will not be complaining, no matter what we get (hmm....I hope that's still true after the cruise...). Six of us on a 7 day DISNEY cruise for less than $3200. My boys sometimes eat that much food in a week. We may actually save money by being on the cruise :rotfl2:

We just booked a VGT room on the Disney Fantasy for Oct. 5th, first cruise, and a surprise for my two boys (5 and 10). So, does the category 7A really only sleep 3, and if so will Disney try to put us (there are 4 of us) in that category?

It's been my experience that if you book a cruise for 4 people and give them 4 names, the system will not let them book you in a room that will not accommodate 4 people.

We booked over a year ago, our sailing is empty 12/8. They offered us a 5A balcony upgrade from a 8D which is a family stateroom. I didn't take it they wanted 65.00 more. They offered a VGT for 400 less than what we paid and a Florida resident for 800.00 less this is the one thing that bothers me about Disney compared to other cruiselines. They will not offer any adjustment where other lines will give a onboard credit to make up some of the difference. If it was cost efficient I would cancel but it isn't and they probably know that. Just grouchy.

We booked over a year ago, our sailing is empty 12/8. They offered us a 5A balcony upgrade from a 8D which is a family stateroom. I didn't take it they wanted 65.00 more. They offered a VGT for 400 less than what we paid and a Florida resident for 800.00 less this is the one thing that bothers me about Disney compared to other cruiselines. They will not offer any adjustment where other lines will give a onboard credit to make up some of the difference. If it was cost efficient I would cancel but it isn't and they probably know that. Just grouchy.

I'm a newbie to this and don't quite understand your post. Please help so I can learn.

So what did you book a year ago? Have the prices actually gone down since you booked? And that is why it is upsetting?

If I read this correctly, you paid more a year ago than what the current costs are today. DCL will upgrade you to a balcony but will charge you $65...or you can get what you booked but actually compared to booking today, you overpaid.

Is this correct?

I haven't tried any of the Guaranteed bookings yet as I just don't understand exactly what I am getting...

Thanks!

The explanation of Guarantee Status at the first post in this thread is not necessarily correct. I booked and got a Guarantee Status for a 5E stateroom. These are all at the stern of the ship, which is what we wanted. When they assigned a room, Disney put us in a Cat 7 mid-ships by the elevator and refused to accept my complaint that their assignment was a much worse room.

Essentially they said that Guarantee Status for 5E means 5E or higher category to them. We had even asked the cast member who booked us originally to mark the record that we did not want an upgrade except to concierge. This request was ignored.

Beware of Guarantee Status.

Cap

The explanation of Guarantee Status at the first post in this thread is not necessarily correct. I booked and got a Guarantee Status for a 5E stateroom. These are all at the stern of the ship, which is what we wanted. When they assigned a room, Disney put us in a Cat 7 mid-ships by the elevator and refused to accept my complaint that their assignment was a much worse room.

Essentially they said that Guarantee Status for 5E means 5E or higher category to them. We had even asked the cast member who booked us originally to mark the record that we did not want an upgrade except to concierge. This request was ignored.

Beware of Guarantee Status.

Cap

I am still trying to get the hang of this, but isn't a cat7 LOWER than a cat 5? No matter what letter you attach to it-a, b,c,d, e??:confused:
How can Disney assign you a cabin that is less than what you paid for? Now I am more than a little concerned....:confused3

I'm a newbie to this and don't quite understand your post. Please help so I can learn.

So what did you book a year ago? Have the prices actually gone down since you booked? And that is why it is upsetting?

If I read this correctly, you paid more a year ago than what the current costs are today. DCL will upgrade you to a balcony but will charge you $65...or you can get what you booked but actually compared to booking today, you overpaid.

Is this correct?

I haven't tried any of the Guaranteed bookings yet as I just don't understand exactly what I am getting...

Thanks!

The prices for VGT rates this fall were significantly lower than opening day. I think I priced out an Oct cruise for around 3200 2a and 2k. If it's past the 75 day mark your only option is too cancel and rebook, but you loose your deposit. It still may save you a few hundred dollars, but not worth the hastle for most people. DCL wil not let you change a reg booking to VGT.

We have vacation time the last 2 weeks in October and the first week in Dec 2014. I was going to book onboard the Fantasy in January, but I have decided to hold out for GT rates. I'm sure with 4 ships sailing out of Florida next Fall there are going to be some great discounts. I really don't care which ship I'm on or the itinerary. I'm going for the best price. If your flexible waiting for GT rates can save you some significant money.

Experienced *GT peeps, I have a question. What is the likelihood of being able to book 4 people 1 adult/3 kids on the May PC cruise?

Experienced *GT peeps, I have a question. What is the likelihood of being able to book 4 people 1 adult/3 kids on the May PC cruise?

I waited on VGT rates last May. It never happened. VGT rates are pretty much a given Sept- Jan. The rest of year is pretty random. I did see VGT rates the week after Easter break this year. I think your best chance would be the week of April 26. This year they have 2 ships doing the Bahamas cruises so maybe those cruises wont sell out. It is possible there could be more VGT rates next year.

I waited on VGT rates last May. It never happened. VGT rates are pretty much a given Sept- Jan. The rest of year is pretty random. I did see VGT rates the week after Easter break this year. I think your best chance would be the week of April 26. This year they have 2 ships doing the Bahamas cruises so maybe those cruises wont sell out. It is possible there could be more VGT rates next year.

Really? Someone posted on here that they got VGT for 1500 each last May for PC cruise. HMMM..ok. I should probably just book as soon as it comes out for 2015 Sept.

Really? Someone posted on here that they got VGT for 1500 each last May for PC cruise. HMMM..ok. I should probably just book as soon as it comes out for 2015 Sept.

I was trying to get one on the Dream. I think there might have been some on the Fantasy. Sept always has VGT rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter