Grocery Store??

Jason Reedy

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone...looking for information on where to buy groceries while at Disney. Didn't see anything. I saw a list of goods available at the store at the camp ground, but didn't see milk on the list. Is there somewhere to buy milk? How far is the nearest Wal-Mart or other actual grocery store? Or does the store at the camp ground have more than what was on the list I saw?? Thanks!

They most definitely have milk at both stores - Settlement and Meadow. Closest grocery store is either the Publix back behind Magic Kingdom, or the Goodings place out there near Hotel Plaza Blvd. Walmart is close, but a bit farther away than the other options. It's on the other side of I-4, maybe 15 mins away.

Also, check youtube. Both the Settlement and Meadow Trading Post have walkthrough videos showing what they offer.

There is a publix on Vineland Drive, it is not that far from the Fort only a couple miles. Actually drove by it the first time, as the hedgerow along the road blocks your view of the store. And yes there is a wal mart, again, not that far away. If searching on line use Lake Buena Vista as your search. That should give you the closest stores.

Yes, they have milk. However, it will probably cost you an arm and leg as their prices can be scary. We use the Winn Dixie over on Kissimmee Vineland Rd. It's really easy to get to and usually
has good prices. Here's a pic to help you out.

Winn Dixie.jpg

Unless it's a dire emergency I wouldn't buy groceries at Disney. A half gallon of milk was $3.75 when we were in the Meadow Trading Post last week. I saw a CM with a shopping list apparently filling someone's grocery order....and trust me the selections are very limited....so it's an option, but the prices are outrageous. I haven't tried the online order/pickup option at WalMart yet, but many friends have raved about how easy it is. I would definitely make time to shop outside of Disney.

Thanks. GREAT information!! We will pack as much as we can. Perishables may need to be purchased though. :)

If you had to go to Wally Weird, I would wouldn't go to the one on Turkey / Sand lake rd. That place is insanely packed and only a few registers open. We went to one on John Young Parkway and was a lot better. Not a lot of people but still plenty of resisters open.

Just a bit further than some of the other options mentioned, but we usually stop at the Super Target at 192 and 429. It's really nice and clean. Lots of souvenirs.

We do the W/D it is the closest to the Fort and as a bonus there is an ice cream shop in the same parking lot with the best soft serve in the world ( at least my opinion)

Winn Dixie is 4.5 miles from out post. Just got back from a small grocery run.

We do the Winn Dixie too when we are at the Fort.

There is a Papa Johns pizza there in that strip mall that usually has good carry out specials. So when I make a grocery run I get two large everything pizzas to feed my kids who eat like starving hound dogs. I use the PJ android app to order.

Venturing down through Disney Springs and driving under I4 is taking your life into your hands (with a sand dial). Maybe the construction down around Typhoon Lagoon and Caribbean Beach Resort with that new exit onto Epcot Parkway will make it easier to get to Wally World.

Bama Ed

Maybe the construction down around Typhoon Lagoon and Caribbean Beach Resort with that new exit onto Epcot Parkway will make it easier to get to Wally World.

That entire intersection is all under construction. Bad accident there last night going to the Springs. The busses heading there used the bus lane, the ones coming back from the Springs had to use the regular lanes.

If you're out and about and need just a few staples the Speedway stations are also cheaper than the trading posts.

My favorite is the Publix at Celebration (Water Tower Shoppes). Nice wine and beer sections inside the store as well as a full liquor store next door, so one stop shopping if you need adult beverages as well. Their produce and deli are really nice, and we really like getting their deli sub sandwiches as a quick meal - very tasty!

Also, if you are looking for libations there is a liquor store just before the Winn Dixie that is mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter