grocery store-What do you buy?

mmmk

Earning My Ears
I have noticed many discussions on the board about eating breakfast in your room. We are staying at the CSR during Easter week and I'm not sure where the closest store is? Also what do most people buy to bring back to their resort?

We do not eat breakfast in our room, its just as quick to stop at the counter service and grab something but we prefer to make this a big meal for us. As for groceries, we buy bread, rolls, lunch meat, chips, beer ,pop, wine and other essentials for making lunch picnics at mid day around the pool, hence the big breakfast issue. Nothing beats a homemade sandwich and some beers around the pool.

I don't know about the beer...I kinda got hooked on Mike's lime!

mmmk said:
I have noticed many discussions on the board about eating breakfast in your room. We are staying at the CSR during Easter week and I'm not sure where the closest store is? Also what do most people buy to bring back to their resort?
You don't have to rely on getting to a nearby store, you can get a delivery from a local supermarket (www.goodings.com) and two free-standing delivery services (www.wegoshop.com and www.gardengrocer.com). Of course, if you have a car then you might as well just drive to a store. I can't help you with what's closest to your resort.

As for what to buy. Well, we're not huge breakfast eaters to begin with, and on top of that everyone but me in my family loves sleeping in as long as possible (but still get to the parks at a good time), so we planned on having ALL breakfasts in our room. We also got fixins for a few very simple sandwiches, to brown bag lunches once or so, plus to have "emergency" options for our 5 year old and 2.5 year old.

Our grocery purchases included: bottled water, milk, OJ, bagels, cream cheese, PB, jelly, bread, deli American cheese, deli turkey, yogurt, instant oatmeal (heat up the water in the coffee maker!), bananas, grapes, apples, and yes, some junk food.

I have looked at all the different grocery web sites and see there lists.. Can you request items off the list or do you have to call to see if they have the items. We will not have a car so going to the store is not an option and having a child with a disability and will only eat specific items I am not sure if I should just rent a towncar and do the quick stop at the store or if doing the online and delivery is a good idea..

thanks for the help :hippie:

:earsgirl: :thanks: :sunny:

Were DVC, and normally stay in a studio. What we buy is a little differenent since my youngest is allergic to eggs and milk.

Pop ( 2 six packs and a 2 liter)
Juice boxs
Soy milk and milk for ceral
Orange Juice
small boxes of ceral
Pop tarts
Lunch meat
loaf of bread
cooked chicken to snack on
(I used to buy cheese sticks)
Bag of grapes
Apples
furit snacks
some kind of candy for a specail treat in line or waiting other places
Bottled water
Teddy grams, potato chips and other snacks

water, milk, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, pop, bread, peanut butter, and whatever snacks your family eats. dont forget plastic bowls, plates and silverware.

We bought from Gardengrocer.com and had it delivered. We bought 2 cases of water, some soda, fresh bagels, fresh fruit, pop tarts, Twizzlers, OJ, donuts, chocolate milk, roll of paper towels and a few other things. You can get just about anything you want. If you don't see it on their website just ask them and they'll pick it up for you. The food was delivered within 15 minutes of us calling them with our room number. Delivered right to the door for $10. We'll definitely use their services again... :thumbsup2

We go to the store, but too many times we waste time getting stuff at the store. So, I pack, peanut butter, jelly, cereal, twizzlers, chocolate and oatmeal. I wait for a local store near me to have a Killer sale "$.99/skippy PB, Rice Crispies, etc.

From home, I pack a small suit case with this stuff. I know I will use it (and even if I don't I only wasted cents not $$$) and the room in my suit case makes a great place to store my souveniors!

We pick up bread, milk, soda, fruit and chips at the Orlando markets.

Water, water, water, bagels, pop tarts, chips, bread, pb&j, milk, cereal and plastic bowls, plates and silverware.

Tinkwantabe said:
I have looked at all the different grocery web sites and see there lists.. Can you request items off the list or do you have to call to see if they have the items. We will not have a car so going to the store is not an option and having a child with a disability and will only eat specific items I am not sure if I should just rent a towncar and do the quick stop at the store or if doing the online and delivery is a good idea..
I can't comment on wegoshop or gardengrocer, but I used Gooding's and they were spectacular with my specific requests. They will deliver anything they stock on their shelves (except alcohol). I e-mailed them a list of brand specific requests, and they both e-mailed and called me with what they had and what they didn't. I had two very picky pre-schoolers who needed exactly the right yogurt, the exact right instant oatmeal, deli cheese sliced so thin you can read through it, etc. The lists of items on the Gooding's website is awfully thin, but like I said, they'll deliver anything they stock. With my order, on the day of my delivery (someone actually shops the shelves that morning, just like a regular customer) they were out of the 18 ounce jar of Skippy peanut butter, so they delivered 2 12 ounce jars at the price of the single 18 ounce jar.

If you have a car, there is a Super Walmart among others, 15 - 20 min away heading out of the :surfweb: WDW resort area across the Interstate. We stayed at the Beach Club in 2000 and the Front Desk staff was very helpful in giving us directions to get there.

Tinkwantabe said:

thanks for the help :hippie:

:earsgirl: :thanks: :sunny:

I can't speak for the others but at gardengrocer.com you can order off the list as well as ask them to stop for beer or wine. You can be Brand-specific with them. I know that when they delivered our order a couple of weeks ago they had shopped at Publix for most of our stuff. I had ordered off their old website. The new website now includes coupons and sale items. We had no problems and would highly recommend their services to anyone! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter