grocery store recommednations

KANSAS

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a grocery store close to OLd KEY WEST

and then the least expensive grocery store, that maybe requires a little more travel time, (MAYBE A WALMART SUPER CENTER??)

so I can choose one?

There's a new Winn Dixie that's probably about a mile from Downtown Disney area. Go past Downtown Disney and at the 4 way intersection(Goodings is straight across), take a left at the light and the WD is about 1/2 mile? down on the right. Be sure to sign up for their discount card to be eligible for their specials. Prices much better than Goodings as this is a store that locals use.

We usually shop at Publix on SR 192. It's a short ride, and a normal grocery store, not an tourist oriented one like Goodings. I have also been to the Winn Dixie just outside the gates near Goodings, and that's not bad either.

There is a Super Wal-Mart on 192 also just a left turn from the Publix.

Publix is the Best!!!

Wev'ed tried Albertson's, Win Dixie, and Walmart SuperCenter---YUK!! Waited 45 mins. in line plus took my life into my hands while walking through there parking lot--never again!
I'm just haven't been impressed with the quality/quality of service at the super centers--even Target.-- in my hometown and florida.
Publix is one of the top performing grocers in the industry.
I've been in the produce/grocery business for 21yrs. and someday dream of working for Publix.
I just seen in an industry magazine where -again they just won a national cake decor contest.
Also a good judge of a good grocery store is to look down into and under the produce cases next time you shop--If it's reasonably clean you've got a winner. Any good produce department has to be cleaned on a weekly basis or it gets GROSS!

Scott

Originally posted by Disney Doll
We usually shop at Publix on SR 192. It's a short ride, and a normal grocery store, not an tourist oriented one like Goodings. I have also been to the Winn Dixie just outside the gates near Goodings, and that's not bad either.

Ditto on Publix. Just head down 535 and it is on the corner of 535 and 192. Great prices.

I've use the Winn Dixie. You will definitely save some $$ if you get their discount card. You can order online before you go and they will mail it to your house. This way you won't have to take the extra time in the store when you get there.

Here's the link:
http://www.winndixie.com/frames.asp?page=apply

Have a fun trip!

Cindy in NY

Yes, Publix is the best. Don't go to Goodings! Although it is a great store, but very, very expensive! We went last year and ended up spending over $70 for maybe 8 items. We were floored. My DH stated never again. It is worth the drive, time and money.

Good shopping!

Originally posted by AZKathy
Ditto on Publix. Just head down 535 and it is on the corner of 535 and 192. Great prices.
You can do that, but there are two Publix stores closer to the DVC resorts at WDW. And they're both newer than the store at Poinciana Place (535 and 192).

See closet Publix stores to OKW and to the other DVC resorts at WDW.

By the way, the Publix site generates ridiculous driving instructions, so don't rely on them. Just ask at the front desk of your DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter