grocery or not?

Melanierose

Earning My Ears
We're coming from England in 19 days, and staying at OKW. As we're not hiring a car, do you think we need to order groceries in advance? We have the dining plan so I'm uncertain as to what we'd need for 2 adults. Is there a shop at OKW? Or would we have to taxi somewhere outside Disney? I have a friend in Florida who could order groceries for us (I hope!) Help getting my knickers in a right twist here!

We go from the UK every year and we stay at Saratoga Springs with the dining plan. If you have the Dining Plan, you won't need groceries. The dining plan will provide you with PLENTY of food, the only thing you might need is drinks. You'll have your refillable mug for use when you're at OKW but you might want to get some drinks for the room. There are well stocked shops at the DVC resorts but the prices are obviously higher than if you went to a grocery store.

With the dining plan I have never had to buy much food, since they give you a ton!

Welcome!!! The first couple times we went to Disney we would always bring some food with us just incase we would get hungry, but with the dining plan we were always to full and never ate anything that we brought.

Water. You will need lots of bottled water. If someone could pick up a case at Sam's for you, that would be ideal. Otherwise, with the dining plan, you will not go hungry.

Water. You will need lots of bottled water. If someone could pick up a case at Sam's for you, that would be ideal. Otherwise, with the dining plan, you will not go hungry.

We drink a lot of water in warm months, not so much in cooler months. You can ask for free ice or hot water at any counter service restaurant, or you can carry an empty bottle to fill at fountains. I would recommend bringing your favorite powdered drink mix, or perhaps some twinings cold brew tea bags as Florida water is an acquired taste. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!