Grocery delivery to resorts

jlcd said:
We also put our order in about a week ahead of time. The fridge is small. Its the size of the small square dorm refrigerators. She asks that you call her when youcheck in know your room number. She was so quick I didn't get the chance to call and she was calling from the lobby to ask us what our room number was. We also had her bring a styrofoam cooler that we loaded with ice and water bottles. I would definately use them again!

I love the idea of this service! I think we will use it and your idea about the additional styrofoam cooler. I just wondered, do all of the hotels that now have fridges standard in the rooms still have ice machines or will I need to include ice in my grocery order? We are staying at the CBR, if anyone knows for certain about that resort, even better :-) Thanks!

I try to place my order as soon as I book my room, especially if I will be there during a holiday time. That way you are guaranteed they will make time for you. Another thing I have learned to do is ask them to deliver the morning after we arrive - 1st day there we are excited/exhausted/ready to get out and go!!!! I also have them purchase wine for me - the more time I can give them to shop the better prices they have come up with. And, I too request a styrofoam cooler. Just can't say enough how much we love them :banana:

We had here bring us a styrofoam cooler and it was perfect to store water in! We will definitely use the service on our next trip!

I would assume all the resorts will keep the ice machines. Don't know for sure about CBR but Wilderness Lodge still does.

Just FYI, I went to wegoshop.com for my upcoming trip to Disney World and this is what was on the page for Disney world resorts:

Please Note: This WeGoShop.com Branch office will be closed and no services will be available from July 29th, 2005 through August 7th, 2005. Services will resume during our normal hours on August 8th, 2005.

Any other suggestions for deliveries which include perishables??

Does anyone know if FQ has an ice machine?I never even gave that a thought until I read this thread, also if you order from one of these grocery delivery services do you pick the brand names?Do you need to be in the room if you order alcohol or will the leave it in the lobby if you have prepaid?
Thanks!!! :)

I was wondering if we are suppose to tip on top of the delivery charge, if so how much.

princessvacg said:
Just FYI, I went to wegoshop.com for my upcoming trip to Disney World and this is what was on the page for Disney world resorts:

Please Note: This WeGoShop.com Branch office will be closed and no services will be available from July 29th, 2005 through August 7th, 2005. Services will resume during our normal hours on August 8th, 2005.

Any other suggestions for deliveries which include perishables??

:sad2: We're in the same boat, unfortunately it appears the folks at wegoshop are taking their vacation at the same time we are...(what are the odds?). Anyone have any alternatives (besides netgrocer)?
TIA

Swan said:
I was wondering if we are suppose to tip on top of the delivery charge, if so how much.

I think I tipped 20% on top of the delivery charge. They were wonderful and very helpful

I believe, Albertson has a pick up service. You order your groceries and then, you pick it up. They do the shopping. You'd need a car or limo ride though.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter