Great time to sell DVC

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
Terrible dollar exchange rate means it’s not a good time to buy DVC or Pay for dues.
Excellent time to rent out or even sell DVC.

Anyone thinking of selling? I have 3 contracts and going to reduce that to 2.

You say that but looking at contracts, it's a massive buyers market at the moment and so there are many deals to be had. IMO, that covers the awful exchange rate.

You say that but looking at contracts, it's a massive buyers market at the moment and so there are many deals to be had. IMO, that covers the awful exchange rate.
It is but DVC is buying back AKV/OKW etc at a high price e.g. if you sell 100pt AKV at $130pp you are getting £110pp, when it was 1.42 last year you would only get £92pp. To get a deal at £92pp for 100 AKV you would now be asking $108pp that's not going to happen.

It is but DVC is buying back AKV/OKW etc at a high price e.g. if you sell 100pt AKV at $130pp you are getting £110pp, when it was 1.42 last year you would only get £92pp. To get a deal at £92pp for 100 AKV you would now be asking $108pp that's not going to happen.
I guess it all depends on the specific resort. I have seen signs of the ROFR highest value start to drop for some of them. Essentially, if you have somewhere like BLT, it's a good time to sell as DVD are snapping them up. Where as it's a good time to buy at the Poly (dependant on your views on the development) as DVD aren't buying and more and more are hitting the market as people are cash short in the current climate.

I guess it all depends on the specific resort. I have seen signs of the ROFR highest value start to drop for some of them. Essentially, if you have somewhere like BLT, it's a good time to sell as DVD are snapping them up. Where as it's a good time to buy at the Poly (dependant on your views on the development) as DVD aren't buying and more and more are hitting the market as people are cash short in the current climate.
I know what you are saying but even at the Poly, buying at $160 last year is the same as buying at $133 now. It was possibly to get Poly at $140 last year and to beat that you need to get a deal at $115 now. Will the rate improve? Probably, but how long will it take is another q

Well, it’s now down as low as 1.15 so a historically amazing time to sell. Ive just come back from WDW and the exchange rate makes everything insane.
If you are not looking to sell then maybe renting will help cover some dues in January.

I have thought many time about selling, especially after my last visit (crowds, all the extra charges, lack of entertainment). But I don't own a lot of points, so while I could make a good profit on my contracts, it wouldn't make a big material difference in my life. So I'm going to keep them, at least until I still look forward a new trip. It's an emotional decision, not a rational one.

I have thought many time about selling, especially after my last visit (crowds, all the extra charges, lack of entertainment). But I don't own a lot of points, so while I could make a good profit on my contracts, it wouldn't make a big material difference in my life. So I'm going to keep them, at least until I still look forward a new trip. It's an emotional decision, not a rational one.
Oh yeah, it was just a heads up on it being a good opportunity to maximise returns. I'm not giving up on DVC just disposing of one of my 2042 contracts. Sounds like you could be renting next year points?

I decided when at the parks to sell mine. We liked being there this year but didn't love it. I actually advertised 2 out of 3 contracts and got a pretty good offer but we turned it down in the end I'm just not ready to sell either.

My issue is while I'm kinda getting over the parks I do love the resorts and I love Aulani.

Although i was reading the net zero plans this morning where it has all airports closed by 2030 and wondered if I made the wrong call.

I decided when at the parks to sell mine. We liked being there this year but didn't love it. I actually advertised 2 out of 3 contracts and got a pretty good offer but we turned it down in the end I'm just not ready to sell either.

My issue is while I'm kinda getting over the parks I do love the resorts and I love Aulani.

Although i was reading the net zero plans this morning where it has all airports closed by 2030 and wondered if I made the wrong call.
We still love the parks and great that we hadn't been back for 3 years as loads of new content but definitely some magic gone and I detest everything Genie + stands for and world showcase lagoon is completely ruined by those barges.
I'm going to sell one and then rent out until I feel enough buzz to go back.
Aulani interests me but I'm more of park person than a resort and don't know if I would get bored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter