Great new board, introduce yourselves...

Hi From New York !

My name is Claudia, but friends and family call me "Cookie". I am 47
years of age, no children, but 2 precious kitties named Casey and Muffin.
I am married. I am a clerk for New York State and I work in Albany. I am very
busy at work, but the work is boring.

Our first trip to WDW was in 1993 and I got hooked! We took 4 trips to
WDW, together. DH does not want to vacation anymore at all, let alone WDW.
So...... Dec. 1999 I did my first solo trip. LOVED IT !!!! Dec. 2000, I did my
second solo trip. LOVED IT !!! My third solo trip will be this Dec. 6 - 12.
I will be staying at The Swan this time - thanks to the government discount.
I would love to meet other DIS'ers for a couple of dinners.

Hi,

My name is Chuck and I live just north of Boston. I work in one of the Big Five public accounting firms, but have a dream of becoming a Disney CM at some point (in a finance/accounting position). I'm 26, never married, no pets. I first went to WDW in 1980, then did not go again until 1993. I made trips with performing groups in 1992 (HS) and 1996 (for NCAA tournament - got involved in trash talking match with CM on Jungle Cruise the night before my team's first round game). Starting in 1997, I have done a trip down by myself every year, buying into DVC in 1999. I will be at WDW July 29 - Augist 10. I spend 90% of my time in the parks (including every e-night) and take a couple of backstage tours.

I have always been a fan of Disney, but actually didn't become an obsessed fan until 1993 (I think Aladdin triggered it). The true example of my obsession happened last summer when I did a week at Disneyland, two days on Cape Cod, and then 11 nights in WDW. At that point, my friends and family deemed me insane.

Hi,
I am Julia (35) and my DH is Tom (35) who will be turning 36 at WDW this summer. We are from Raleigh, North Carolina. We have no children of the human kind but we do have to kitties China Cat Sunflower (known as China around here) and Gemini. I work at a dance store which is good since I dance, and I work for a local theatre company as a stage manager, disabilitiy community liason co ordinator. My DH is a computer programer at UNC-Chapel Hill. We also write and design performance arts pieces together. We are both major Disney fanatics. I use to live in Florida so I would go to WDW often but it was going with my DH in 1997 that turned us both into Disneyaholics.....we wish we could go every month but then nothing would get done around here. We are leaving for WDW in 27 days to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary....we are just so very very excited....not to mention on this trip we are trying the spa at the Disney Institute and Victoria and Alberts for dinner....just wish we were leaving say tomorrow.....:D

Let me know how you enjoy the spa...am thinking of trying it next year.

Joline

Hi!
My name is Kris and my DH is Larry. We're both in our 40s, and are in the midst of DHs second career.
He retired after almost 28 years in the Navy, and now we're both working for the same company.
We spent the majority of his military career in VA, and relocated to SC after he retired.
It's so amazing to us that WDW is only a bit over 6 hours away!
We have no kids, however we have lots of nieces and nephews. We leave for our next trip to Disney on July 4- to celebrate our 28th anniversary, which is the 6th. It was DHs idea, and although I really don't do well in the heat, I've been promised pool time.
This will be our eighth trip this year... we usually do a weekend a month. Friday to Sunday, and we have the cheapie APs- no water parks or PI or DQ. That's okay though... we just enjoy the atmosphere and the kindness everywhere in the resort.

Thanks for starting this thread... it's great!!

I'll let you know about the spa, its sounds great from what I have read. We have never done a spa treatment so it should be quiet an experience...

25 days until WDW :bounce: :bounce:

Hi!! I'm Allison and I'm 23. My DH posts every now and then as CajunDisney, his real name is Ryan and he's 25. We celebrated our 1st anniversary last month (June 2) but have actually been together since high school.

I'm currently in law school. I just finished my first year!! :bounce: :bounce: Two more left to go. I also work as a law clerk part-time, which is a great experience so far! DH is finishing up his college degree in Music Education. He's also the percussion instructor at a high school in New Orleans.

We have no kids yet...waiting until we finish school, buy a house, etc. We do have a 2 year old Yorkie, Maggie, who is like our child. :rolleyes:

We went to WDW for our honeymoon. We can't make it to the DIS convention b/c we'll both still be in school...:(. We're going back in December!! I can't wait!! I've never been to WDW during Christmastime and I hear it's beautiful. I'll be wearing my lime green ribbon and hope to see some of you there!!

Hi. I'm Kathy and I love WDW...way too much! ;)

I'm retired and do temp work to support my Disney habit. I, too, have a calico cat (named Beatrice).

My first trip to WDW was in 1972--just a day trip. Now I go once or twice a year, usually solo (by choice), and I prefer to go there in the winter months.

It's nice getting to know my fellow DIS'ers (adults/solos). :wave:

here's me still surfing the DIS boards at 1:30am! :wave:

"berry" is a nickname that i somehow acquired, hence the disneyberry userid.

about me: i'm in my early 20s, not married (although my bf of 5 years and i practically act like we're married), and i belong to that group called "yuppie". ugh. :rolleyes: spend too many hours of my days dressed in a stuffy suit sitting in a box staring at a computer. :( and i start and end my day with a commute to/from work amid a sea of suits (yes i live in a yuppie hive too, another "ugh") and i dream on about being a CM, heh.

anyway my bf unfortunately is not the disney freak he used to be. (tell me how to turn him back! ;) )although of course he never reached my current level of disney-craze... obsessively researching and planning our twice yearly WDW trips. hm, i really gotta kick this habit, and go get in shape or get more sleep or something... :crazy: yeah...

( hey... just wrote another intro post on another board, so came back to look at this one. i recently read a thread bashing on "yuppies" :eek: or at least the definition of "yuppie" that many DIS'ers have.
so just wanted to clarify, i always thought yuppie just meant young urban professional hippie, never really attached any social class to it or associated it with rich money-wasting people :rolleyes: , so... just in case any of you out there get the wrong idea, i've got a different definition of "yuppie" here. :cool: )

Hi :wave:, my name is Sandra. I’m 33, divorced, no kids and I have a rabbit named Dopey.
I live in Delft in The Netherlands and work full-time as a secretary for a large biotechnology firm.

My sister is the only one outhere who shares my Disney addiction, we have been to DisneyWorld together twice. But last year she met the love of her life; and now she spends her vacation time with him. So, I took my first solo trip in December 2000 (All Star Music and DIS cruise) and I had a great time! My next (solo) trip to WDW will be November 16 – December 3; I will be there for the DIS Convention!!!

There are no Disney stores in Holland and the shipping charges at Disney Online are outrageous; so when I'm in Orlando I spend a lot of time (and way too much money....) at World of Disney and the Belz outlets!

Hi my name is Dee, I am a moderator and Wed night chat host. I am 50 yrs old. I am taking my boyfriend on his first trip to Disney in Nov, and am looking forward to showing him the greatest place on earth, looking forward to getting some tips on this new board so it will be a trip that will turn him into a Disney holic also!

Hi everyone! My name is Mary and I've been a fan of Disney for many years. When I first started working in the mid-70's I worked for Sears at their corporate headquarters and for 7 years my responsibiity was keeping track of the Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore costumes they used to use. I was on the phone daily with contacts in Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

I have traveled to Disney with friends, my mom, and solo up until 1990 which is when I married my DH Mark. We honeymooned at WDW and got him hooked as a Disney fan too.

We joined DVC in 2000 (and with everyone else our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner). Before they we've stayed at probably 80% of the on site hotels.

We love Disney and this year have done the 7 day cruise, a long weekend at Disneyland and a longer weekend upcoming at WDW!

No kids and we are happy that way. More time and money for us to enjoy. Our other interests are Nascar racing (we go to our first Winston Cup race this year!) and Irish music (we go to a Irish Fest in Milwaukee every year).

I'm Rob and have enjoyed WDW since our 1st trip in 1972. My 1st Disney experience was at DL in 1958.

DW has put up with me for almost 31 years now and we have 2 grown daughters who are both contributing grandchildren to our family and day now.

We are anxious to get to enjoy WDW thru the eyes of grandchildren, but for now are content to treat ourselves with frequent trips there without any children along.

I'm enjoying seeing the many familiar "faces" here from other boards and look forward to some great topics on this forum.

Looks like I'm the last moderator from this board to post! LOL

My name is Joe and I'm 26 years old and am from Woburn, MA - just a few miles north of Boston. I am a co-moderator of this board, and the Cast Members Only Board.

During the day I am a Meeting Planner and Marketing Administrator for a non-profit education institute near Harvard University. It's a pretty great job - lots of work...but I get to make my own hours, and have my own little office in a renovated mansion.

To help pay for that WDW addiction, I am a TDS CM and a Vacation Consultant (Hi Sandra B!! :D ).

I go to WDW all the time....and I've been down to Orlando several times this year on trips with family and trips with friends -- but the goal now is to hopefully move to Orlando by this Fall...and work at WDW in Special Events / Meeting Planning - if all goes well! Then I can visit the parks whenver I feel like it!

Glad to see you all enjoying this new version of this board - welcome again!

Hi everyone! My name is (can you guess) Betsy. I am turning 40 on July 17! I will be with my parents, brother and his family, a few friends and some distant relatives at Disneyland! I am single, never married, no children, and currently petless. I am an Executive Director of a small non-profit that works for and with children.

The whole Disney thing started for me with Mickey. I have told the story before. The short version is my first trip to DL at the age of about 2 years old, the Mouse himself was waiting at the front gate from me, just like I told everyone who would listen, he would be. I am a big fan of Mickey and Walt. As I grew older I came to understand some of Walt's thoughts about the future and science.

DL is my favorite single park and because we were both born on July 17 - I celebrate there when I can. I am learning to love WDW also, Epcot, the Studios and AK are great fun. and I even have fun at MK - just not the same for me.

I love visiting the Boards, and talking about one of my passions any time I can!

Hi folks,

My name is Livia, I will be turning 40 on the 15th of August (eeks!). I have been married twice and have 3 kids from my second marriage. I am assistant editor to a weekly magazine here in Rio de Janeiro, where my colleagues wonder about my sanity: they don't really understand my love of WDW and Disney. But I am getting used to that.
I have dreamed of going to DL since I was very little, but it was next to impossible. My parents couldn't possibly afford the long trip to the West Coast. After WDW was open, around, we were imposed restrictions on foreign travel. Till the early 80s, foreign travel was a luxury that only the very rich could indulge.
So I only got to know WDW when I was big, already with kids. It was 1995. I had been travelling around the world by myself since 1982. I booked a few days at WDW to see if I could bring my oldest son there on the next year _ I wanted to see if a non-driver could survive the experience. I just fell in love with the place!
I returned on the next year with DS. And on the next with DS and DS2 and DH. All these times I stayed on International Drive.
After a 2 year hiatus, I hit WDW again with DS2 at Christmas time, 1999. But this time, I stayed at the Poly! Wow! We had the times of our lives. I couldn't remember having so much fun before!
Of course, I had to show this to DD! And I did it, on june 2000. It was months after the divorce. While the boys stayed with their dad, I took my girl to a disney cruise and a long stay at DxL, BWI and YC! Again I thought I could never have more fun in my life.
But I was wrong.
Last year, at Christmas time, I returned to WDW solo. My kids were staying at their Dad's for the holidays. I was low and dreading the calendar. Just a few weeks before Christmas, I managed to get room at AsMo and Dolphin. I spent Crhistmas AND New Year there. I believe everything I always wanted to do but dared not with the kids: saw all the shows, took backstage tours, dined by myself at fancy restaurants, went to CDS, movies! Saw Illuminations a handful of times. Got a glass of wine and sipped it around WS.
So I am planning another solo trip for this year, in early dec. this time, I will be spending Christmas with my kids at home.
Sorry this is so long. But sometimes I feel that I have to use more words than you natives to express the same love for Disney.

:) :) :)

Hi. *waves*

I'm James ("hi James!"), I am 25 (almost 26) and I am a single-guy living down here in balmy florida. I live about an hour west of WDW in Tampa. I don't go as much as I can because of unreliable transportation and the inability to afford an annual pass until recently. I will be going to WDW for almost a week starting July 27th, staying at the Dolphin. I love the Disney parks, the resorts, and the monorail primarily. Those are my big 3 Disney things that I love. I am not married, was engaged about 2 years ago, but that's a long story. Not actively looking for anyone, but they say when you stop looking is when the right person comes along..or at least that's what "they" say (and "they" have been wrong twice now). Anyway..I work a mundane job with mediocre pay..I develop pictures for a temporary living, so I get to see all these wonderful Disney vacations. :( It's a job, it pays my bills, I have money left over at the end of every 2 weeks, but I am always looking for something better that pays more and that I will enjoy more...

Anyway..enough about me...NEXT! :)

Hi!:wave: I am Faith AKA Poohbear123 AKA Pennie! I am 43 and celebrated it ALONE in Feb. at the MK! I LOVED it soo much I am going again in Feb. next year for my 44th!;) I have 1 DD (19) and 1 DS (18). They are BORED with WDW so that is when I started going it ALONE! WOW! I hate to admit it, but I really enjoy it!;) Sometimes my BF Debbie will meet me there and spend a couple of days with me, other times I go it Alone. My next trip is scheduled for Nov. 2-4th of this year! Can HRDLY Wait!:D

Hi,

I am Vicki, I am 30 years old, single, no kids, but have horses and a cat! I live in Australia, so it is very far and expensive to vist WDW. I did vist both parks last year, but a very rushed, had no idea what i was doing!!

I would love to get to know fellow Diser;s, as none of my friends are into the mouse, and my trip and fiture trips look like they will be alone! Hence the riought time will be 2004/5 fior me next, but i am thinking aobut Tokyo DisneylaND.

I would love eventually ot find someone that if we get along, would possible consider sharing a rooma tthe resort etc, as everything in USA is double prioce for us here :(

Work - we used ot have our own thoroghbred stud, and i ran two horsesracing complexes, until i succumbed ot Fibromylagia.

If anyone is interested in getting ot know me by email, voice chat etc, please email me or pm me!! Jovirulz@alphalink.com.au

HI! I am Carol (aka CarolA) and I am a Disney Addit! (I think that is step 1 of the 12 Disney Steps!)

I am a single 40 year old female living in Franklin, TN (a suberb of Nashville). I have an Annual Pass (Step 2) and visit quite often. I travel for business and my company has numerous locations in Florida. In addition, my father has retired to Sebring, Florida.

I bought into the DVC several years ago (Step #3) and added on last year (Step #4).

Most of my friends are married and/or have children so while some of them share my Disney addition, they don't have my spare time or extra cash. So I go alone!

Disney has addicted me to pin trading (oh the shame:rolleyes: ) Step #5. My next solo trip will be the weekend of the big pin event in August and I will be at the DISCON in December.

I am really glad to find this board. Maybe you can help me figure out the remaining 7 steps to complete Disney addiction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter