Gratuity Question

Beccastuff

Earning My Ears
We are getting ready to go on our second Disney Cruise in a couple weeks. The first time we cruised, last January, something came up that I wasn't quite sure how to handle. I hope to get some guidance to make sure what I did was correct. Ok, here goes...

I know that the Servers, Asst. Servers, Statetoom folks, etc get gratuities at the end of the cruise from each "party". But...how do you handle the servers you have during breakfast and lunch? I ended up leaving a tip on the table, but wasn't really clear if that was the thing to do. Can you help, please?

Beccastuff said:
We are getting ready to go on our second Disney Cruise in a couple weeks. The first time we cruised, last January, something came up that I wasn't quite sure how to handle. I hope to get some guidance to make sure what I did was correct. Ok, here goes...

I know that the Servers, Asst. Servers, Statetoom folks, etc get gratuities at the end of the cruise from each "party". But...how do you handle the servers you have during breakfast and lunch? I ended up leaving a tip on the table, but wasn't really clear if that was the thing to do. Can you help, please?

I was informed at Guest Services that all the staff are on a rotating basis..I have seen cabin stewards cleaning washrooms, and our servers at Scoops...All the tips are supposed to be pooled together..Which I took to mean if you eat at Topsiders at any time, your tips are also pooled for them...I did make sure to to confirm this at two different times, and got the same response... :goodvibes

mommasita said:
I was informed at Guest Services that all the staff are on a rotating basis..I have seen cabin stewards cleaning washrooms, and our servers at Scoops...All the tips are supposed to be pooled together..Which I took to mean if you eat at Topsiders at any time, your tips are also pooled for them...I did make sure to to confirm this at two different times, and got the same response... :goodvibes

Right - your table server will be working the breakfast buffet line one day, and serving at Castaway another - then with 'you' for the dinner seatings....when you tip you tip for all these services too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!