• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian the next DVC

I just can't see current members banging down the door for VGF. VGC had the advantage of being the first DL resort. BLT had the advantage of the first monorail resort plus walk to MK. They haven't announced the ammenities yet but I can't think of anything that would make it easier to sell than the last 2, especially with a higher price.

I am pretty sure it was just a bogus line to get me to buy points....my husband wants me to call back and offer to buy 1 point. :rotfl2: I just could not believe the sales tactic. I really found it desperate and completely false.
Correct but there is a remote possibility this could be true, though very remote. Had you not been a captive audience, the proper response was that you'd wait and buy resale.

Yesterday we cancelled our direct purchase at BCV in anticipation of GF opening...we figure we will either save our money for GF or revisit BCV at that point if GF is too $$$$.

not sure I would consider this news...or the most pushy salesman line I have heard in years (leaning very heavily towards this)...

So a DVC rep, NOT our guide, called yesterday to confirm our cancellation and then informed us that ALL 148 GF units and coinciding points will be sold to current DVC members only. He specifically said he has people on his wait list to buy 1000 and 2000 point contracts. And that if we dont buy even a small amount of points NOW we will be locked out of sales at the GF as current members will buy all of the points before general availability to the public.

Since we need our money refunded I did not laugh out loud on the phone and hang up. :rotfl:

Everything I've heard (and was confirmed by my DH, wdrl who really is in to tracking DVC points) that there will be at least 3.5 million points for VGF. I really doubt there are that many current DVC members that will be buying an additional 1000+ points and there will be plenty to buy for new members.

It is true that members usually are offered points for purchase before the general public but that initial offer is usually available for very short period.

We were one of those members anxiously awaiting for points to go on sale. The more we thought about it though, the more it made sense to add on again to one of our current resorts at a much cheaper price and hold out for the 7 month mark to stay at VGF. Why not add on 50 points at AKV rather then pay 160-170 per point at VGF. Although I think the resort will be extremely popular, there wil be plenty of points to go around for those who want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter