Grand Floridian the next DVC

Here is a construction photo taken Wednesday, May 23rd. Somewhat foiled by the mesh on the Avenger Monorail windows:

CA05241215392253-L.jpg

Here is a construction photo taken Wednesday, May 23rd. Somewhat foiled by the mesh on the Avenger Monorail windows:

CA05241215392253-L.jpg

Thanks, another floor and this would not show the views very well, so its nice you got this.

CA05241215392253-L.jpg

Awesome! I can't wait till it is done. I am waiting for the phone to call and hear my guide tell me it's time to buy!

Thanks for the picture, it seems to be moving along pretty fast. The last picture I saw was of them just putting some pillings in the sand.

CA05241215392253-L.jpg

Wow! They're really moving now. Like Doug said, when I was there in March there wasn't anything resembling a structure.

I will be at WDW mid June, looks like they will have the 2nd fl deck poured by then and will be setting up for the 3rd.

You can see the classic DVC layout already

Yesterday we cancelled our direct purchase at BCV in anticipation of GF opening...we figure we will either save our money for GF or revisit BCV at that point if GF is too $$$$.

not sure I would consider this news...or the most pushy salesman line I have heard in years (leaning very heavily towards this)...

So a DVC rep, NOT our guide, called yesterday to confirm our cancellation and then informed us that ALL 148 GF units and coinciding points will be sold to current DVC members only. He specifically said he has people on his wait list to buy 1000 and 2000 point contracts. And that if we dont buy even a small amount of points NOW we will be locked out of sales at the GF as current members will buy all of the points before general availability to the public.

Since we need our money refunded I did not laugh out loud on the phone and hang up. :rotfl:

Why would they only want to sell to DVC members only? Typically member add ons require fewer points and have had some better promo prices. New members would be buying more points upfront. I just don't get that. People are still out of work and forclosures ( both DVC and homes) are still happening. Usually it takes at least two years to completely sell out the smallest DVC resort.

I am pretty sure it was just a bogus line to get me to buy points....my husband wants me to call back and offer to buy 1 point. :rotfl2: I just could not believe the sales tactic. I really found it desperate and completely false.

So a DVC rep, NOT our guide, called yesterday to confirm our cancellation and then informed us that ALL 148 GF units and coinciding points will be sold to current DVC members only. He specifically said he has people on his wait list to buy 1000 and 2000 point contracts. And that if we dont buy even a small amount of points NOW we will be locked out of sales at the GF as current members will buy all of the points before general availability to the public.

>cough< B.S. >cough<

Why would they only want to sell to DVC members only?

Sounds like he was suggesting that there are so many current members waiting to buy that there wouldn't be any left for non-members.

They had people thinking that back in '08 with Grand Californian and it still took 2 years to sell out. Fool me once...

VGC is 1/3 the size of VGF and prices will be at least 50% higher. Of course, things may have been a bit different with VGC if not for the economy. Still I'm not buying it...not even close. Even if they have people on a waiting list for thousands of points, many will politely end the conversation when they hear the price.

VGF selling out in anything less than 2 years only means that Disney didn't have it priced high enough.

IIRC, i think they used the same line on VGC buyers, but even though it was smaller than the VGF, there were still plenty of pts for non-owners to get in ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter