Grand Floridian Tea - June, 2008

Fantastic photos, do you need ADRs for the tea? We are staying there in November.

That probably depends - at least somewhat - on which part of November you are talking about - the busy part of Nov (end of F&W? Thanksgiving?) or the not-so-busy part (I am not sure which specific days these would be this year). The tea runs for a limited number of hours. That said, I suggest you make reservation - and re-reserve again, if needed, as new information is considered for you vacation plans.

I know this has been asked before so forgive me please. Can you use the DDP on the tea?

Your pictures are fantastic and you have me once again trying to plan a trip for just me and my mom!

I don't know about whether you can use DDP - I suggest just calling WDW-DINE and asking. If disney.go.com can display and be searched before I complete this response, I'll see what I can find out.

Good luck with you proposed vacation with your mom!

Looking for some advice....I'd love to do this with my girls (just turned 11), but obviously the wine selections aren't appropriate for them.....are there "chidlren's" menus other than the Peanut Butter and jelly (which they'd not enjoy, they are starting to consider themselves "almost grown up").

From your photos I know we'd absolutely HAVE to have the swans....though whether we could ruin it by eating is another question!

Also...any advice on which tea to choose for children who drink orange pekoe or a flavored herb tea normally, lol. I know we aren't too sophisticated in our tea choice, but for us, at home, it's almost more about the time spent together talking and giggling, and not what we're eating/drinking. I started the tradition of having "tea" every few weeks just as an excuse for my then little girls to dress up and act grown up and for us to have special memories together. I think THIS sounds like a grand culmunation of our homemade teas! How elegant and fun, but I want to try to choose the right tea and the right "plan" so that there is as little disappointment as possible!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Jan

Looking for some advice....I'd love to do this with my girls (just turned 11), but obviously the wine selections aren't appropriate for them.....are there "chidlren's" menus other than the Peanut Butter and jelly (which they'd not enjoy, they are starting to consider themselves "almost grown up").

From your photos I know we'd absolutely HAVE to have the swans....though whether we could ruin it by eating is another question!

Also...any advice on which tea to choose for children who drink orange pekoe or a flavored herb tea normally, lol. I know we aren't too sophisticated in our tea choice, but for us, at home, it's almost more about the time spent together talking and giggling, and not what we're eating/drinking. I started the tradition of having "tea" every few weeks just as an excuse for my then little girls to dress up and act grown up and for us to have special memories together. I think THIS sounds like a grand culmunation of our homemade teas! How elegant and fun, but I want to try to choose the right tea and the right "plan" so that there is as little disappointment as possible!

Jan

Yes, they have one for children. It's the Mrs. Potts Tea. There's a menu for it at http://www.allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

We've never been, but have ressies in August. I suggest making ressies, as I was not able to get my first choice (our arrival day). We are doing it instead on our departure day.

After seeing the pictures here, I can't wait. Those swans look to die for! And I'm going to be sure and take some pictures of it. I probably wouldn't have thought to do that, otherwise.

Thanks for all the advice, I'd love to go but my DH says what is the point of flying from the UK to USA to then sit and have a traditional English afternoon tea, BUT THIS IS DISNEY AFTERNOON TEA!

DDP cannot be used. It's OOP!!

But, definitely worth it. And, the Gentlemen's Tea is my favorite. I like the pates---not too much into those little tea sandwiches.

Cindy

DDP cannot be used. It's OOP!!

But, definitely worth it. And, the Gentlemen's Tea is my favorite. I like the pates---not too much into those little tea sandwiches.

Cindy

Thanks!

And OP thanks to you I've talked DH into letting me take my mom to Disney next Christmas without him. Tons will probably happen before then, but for right now, I'm totally psyched! :teeth:

Beautiful pics, I can't wait to go there in November :goodvibes

Did the scones or swan come with your meal or were they ala carte?

Jan

Well - the tea is easy - they have a large variety, including herbal. Your server is well versed and ready to help choose. Some come in a presspot, so if you have your heart set on a TEApot, but sure to ask. Each person gets to choose his/her own tea and gets his/her own pot. You don't have to choose a single tea for the whole table.

For food, you have a couple of choices
  • find a single thing you like - like shrimp salad "sandwich" - and request that all of the sandwiches on the plate be of that variety
  • eat the "meal" food ahead of time and come here just for tea and dessert (yes, that is OK to do)

I agree that, since you are already in a tea mode with your girls that this would be just a lovely afternoon. My recommendation is to make the reservation, decide a basic approach (above) and go with the flow the rest of the way. You can even buy the house blend to take home and relive the experience - even buy the piano player's CD (GF gift shop) - tea cups (Epcot - UK). Enjoy - let us know how it goes.

Hi
Thanks for sharing. I love the tea. The food was good and it was so relaxing after a busy morning in the park. I don't eat meat, so they substituted sandwiches for me. The trifle for dessert was delicious!!:thumbsup2

Tea Room from the Lobby

e8e43154.jpg

Place Setting

e8e42cfd.jpg

My Favorite Picture - this trip

e8e42cb0.jpg

Sums up the whole thing

Flowers in a Tea Pot

e8e430d4.jpg

Sandwich and Cheese Plate

e8e430b0.jpg

Sally Lunn Bread with Whipped Cream - customized for my son

e8e43049.jpg

Royal Albert Tea Cup

e8e42ffe.jpg

Scones & Tart

e8e42fb3.jpg

Éclair & Swan Puff

e8e42f56.jpg

Swans

e8e42d56.jpg

Swan & Teapot

e8e42c8f.jpg

Tea Setting

e8e42b90.jpg

My Meal

e8e42a19.jpg

In the neighborhood - Victoria & Alert's - off hours

e8e42959.jpg

Ehagerty- my favorite photographer. You had me hooked since that picture of Japan in Epcot. So awesome! These pictures, are beautiful as well. :goodvibes

Wow, those pictures are amazing!! My mom and I are having tea there for the first time this October and I can't wait! Thos edesserts look absolutely to die for- bring on the swan pastry :lmao:

Wow! You take great pix...I have always wanted to go to tea at the GF, and this thread might make me finally act on that! What a lovely thought..

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. I have always wanted to go to this Tea but I usually travel with my brother and 2 young nephews. :sad2:

I am taking my 1st solo trip Sept 22-26. After reading this thread and seeing your beautiful pictures, I called and made my ADR! It is going to be a wonderful addition to my arrival day plan of touring the resorts. It will also be late enough (3:40) to be a nice, lite dinner.

Now I just have to decide what to order:coffee:

I am sending my wife to a half day spa treatment at the GF in September and one of the things it says on the "menu" for her package is tea time. Does anyone know if that's a relaxing cup of tea at the spa, or if it is this high tea that looks so nice? (say it's the high tea...oh please oh please....I would score bonus points for months...)

Dave

I am sending my wife to a half day spa treatment at the GF in September and one of the things it says on the "menu" for her package is tea time. Does anyone know if that's a relaxing cup of tea at the spa, or if it is this high tea that looks so nice? (say it's the high tea...oh please oh please....I would score bonus points for months...)

Dave

Awe, that's sweet, I don't know but, dang, my DH needs some lessons! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter