Grand Floridian Shoots Self in Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're cooking...no pun intended on the meth comment.

The CM said, if they were high on girl scout cookies and selling meth, that would be okay, but we have standards and some things we can't just let slide. Robert Iger recently released a statement, "At Disney, we support the Girl Scouts of America and we understand Alice in Wonderland may have been created in the mind of someone higher than the Sears Tower, but we do not condone, nor can we allow, this type of behavior anywhere near Narcoosee's. This is what All-Star Sports is for."

Lets not forget about Victoria & Albert's as well! ;)

The CM said, if they were high on girl scout cookies and selling meth, that would be okay, but we have standards and some things we can't just let slide. Robert Iger recently released a statement, "At Disney, we support the Girl Scouts of America and we understand Alice in Wonderland may have been created in the mind of someone higher than the Sears Tower, but we do not condone, nor can we allow, this type of behavior anywhere near Narcoosee's. This is what All-Star Sports is for."

and what if those weren't really cookies inside the girl scout boxes but really fake fastpasses. now it all makes sense.

Wow, you show up at the GF, apparently drunk and asked to leave and will never stay there again. Goodbye!

The OP's post is very confusing.... but I think when he made the statement about college friends being drunk, I think he was saying that's one of the two things that will get his DW upset. I'm assuming the drunk college friends angered his wife on another occasion. Apparently she doesn't get angry easily, but the situation with the CM angered her just like her experience with drunk college friends in the past. I don't think they showed up drunk, lol. At least I hope not.... :laughing:. Or maybe you already know this and I'm slow so I didn't pick up on the sarcasm :lmao:.

I commend you, good sir. Kudos for not resorting to calling it that foul moniker: "The Willis Tower." :crazy2:

Meth? Nah. See, if Girl Scout Cookies were involved, I'd venture to guess it was more along the lines of a wicked case of the munchies.

Chanting. I'm voting for chanting in the lobby.

The OP's post is very confusing.... but I think when he made the statement about college friends being drunk, I think he was saying that's one of the two things that will get his DW upset. I'm assuming the drunk college friends angered his wife on another occasion. Apparently she doesn't get angry easily, but the situation with the CM angered her just like her experience with drunk college friends in the past. I don't think they showed up drunk, lol. At least I hope not.... :laughing:.

I did think this as well.
He's purposely left out any information that would help his post make any sense in an attempt to see how many nibbles he can get. He's stirred some creative minds. I'm enjoying reading all the interpretations and possible scenarios.

Anyway, I see we mention "college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time". Perhaps the rum/vodka influenced behavior that was unacceptable? Just wondering, that's all. :confused3

He said " have (a couple of times) found this line in the sand. All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM ".

That means when HE has gotten on his wife's bad side, it involved those first three things. But the CM got on her bad side without those things, because all it took was being a GF CM.

OP, you need to clarify what happened, if you wish to have a post people can take something from. I'm clear on the fact that they weren't drinking (lunch, shopping, and sightseeing was what you said was being done by them), but I'm not clear on what went on with the CM.

I have read and reread the OP's post several times and still find it so confusing that it's practically incoherent.:confused3 Wondering if he hadn't been guilty of a little rum/vodka, and some spare time of his own today. It has been entertaining reading all of the possible interpretations of this very puzzling post. So was it the OPs family that was 3 sheets to the wind? Were they engaging in less than stellar public behaviour? Had any of this been prefaced by a loud/slurred "Hey y'all watch this..."?

OP please come back and explain your self. Enquiring minds want to know.

I'm clear on the fact that they weren't drinking (lunch, shopping, and sightseeing was what you said was being done by them), but I'm not clear on what went on with the CM.

How can you be clear they weren't drinking? He never said or insinuated they weren't.

I've been (and have know plenty other people) to dine at other resorts, do some sight seeing and enjoy a few adult cocktails.

Now, doing it in my Tinkerbell Pajamas wearing a cowboy hat while high on meth trying to start a flashmob to "Call Me Maybe "is a different story. I leave that to the pros.

In all seriousness, this is what a rational person knows and can assume.

Thousands of visitors at WDW visit resorts they are not staying at on a daily basis. If you are dressed and are acting appropriately, you are not confronted by a CM except to offer you assistance or to greet you.

Any interaction beyond a greeting or an offer of assistance with a CM has to either:

A) be initiated by said WDW guest approaching a CM
B) said WDW guest doing, saying, wearing etc. something that requires the CM relay some sort of direction to stop the behavior that is not allowed or frowned upon

For anyone to insinuate their family and friends was doing nothing wrong and for no good reason whatsoever was forced to leave a disney resort simply because they were not guests there is a weak attempt to troll.

Just one other thing.... How does one go about shooting one's self in the rear? Wouldn't you need to be a contortionist?

And am I a bad person to think that if your behaviour is such that you get tossed from the GF, then management isn't going to weep at the thought that you won't be returning as a paying guest?

My sister and I went to the GF one year to check out the resort. A girl in the gift shop was really snotty to my sister. Keep in mind that my sister is very quiet and well mannered, and both of us were wearing nicer vacation clothes, because we had come from an ADR.

Not that that should matter. No one should be made to feel like crap by a CM, merely out of snobbishness. And I don't think I'd ever stay at the GF either. The vibe at the resort just seemed kind of sterile, and blah.

If I want to drop serious cash at WDW and want to feel welcome, I stay Poly CL..

And I was able to make out what the OP meant just fine. I'm curious though for more of the story.

I know a lot of people think the GF is all high class and snooty, but honestly the guests I've seen there look just like the guests at any other Disney resort. There's no kind of dress code that automatically distinguishes GF guests from those staying anywhere else.

I wonder if when people encounter rude CMs there, they automatically assume it's snootiness when really it's just rudeness that you might occasionally find anywhere, even at mods and values.

As for the OP, I don't know. I think we need more info here.

.... All it takes is some college friends, some rum/vodka, and some spare time... or apparently be a Grand Floridian CM :). ....

Perhaps the GF CM had been talking to the "[p]ool nazi...20 yo ******...trying to impress a female lifeguard..." you complained about in your earlier thread re: your incident @ the Poly pool :cool1: and was out to get your wife and buddies
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45585361#post45585361

I'm unclear to me whether it was the CM who allegedly was drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends or the wife and a college buddy and their daughters who were drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends. IME, whomever is drinking the rum/vodka, especially if to excess, will be more likely to cause issues for sober people around them and to have a less than clear recollection of exactly what they did. But, not knowing the particulars, it's hard to judge or to sympathize.
I hadn't considered that the OP was relating that one way he had gotten on his wife's bad side was to drink rum/vodka w/ college friends and that no one was drinking rum/vodka on the day in question.

Perhaps the GF CM had been talking to the "[p]ool nazi...20 yo ******...trying to impress a female lifeguard..." you complained about in your earlier thread re: your incident @ the Poly pool :cool1: and was out to get your wife and buddies

I'm unclear to me whether it was the CM who allegedly was drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends or the wife and a college buddy and their daughters who were drinking the rum/vodka and partying w/ college friends. IME, whomever is drinking the rum/vodka, especially if to excess, will be more likely to cause issues for sober people around them and to have a less than clear recollection of exactly what they did. But, not knowing the particulars, it's hard to judge or to sympathize.
I hadn't considered that the OP was relating that one way he had gotten on his wife's bad side was to drink rum/vodka w/ college friends and that no one was drinking rum/vodka on the day in question.

:stir:

So funny, sndral! Did not realize it was the same person! Sounds like Marty Joe is not going to be happy anywhere!

next, he will start a thread about the evil CM in the magic kingdom that wouldn't let him bring in his flask of whisky, hunting knife and refused to let him park his RV in fantasyland.

They might have taken one of the " Stuffed Animals " from the " Set-Up" old lady they have in the Lobby who sit's there ...
Whatever it is or was-- the OP wanted to start something or he would have made thing's clearer ... Some folk's are just like that ...

next, he will start a thread about the evil CM in the magic kingdom that wouldn't let him bring in his flask of whisky, hunting knife and refused to let him park his RV in fantasyland.

Or, "Whaddya mean I can't bring my own food into this restaurant? Have you seen the prices of some of these here entrees?"... :rotfl:

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter