Grand Californian

I tried to book GCH for three nights this morning and it would only give me the ticket option of doing 2 day park hoppers (or no ticket). I increased to four nights and then I had all the multi-day options. Just curious why it wouldn't let me do 3 day tickets like I wanted. I book four nights, but can't really afford that (going to probably cancel).

I booked 3 nights and could choose any number of days for tickets up to 5 days. I didn't want to add tickets though. Need that 5 day cancellation so didn't want to book a package.

Wait, what's the deal with a five-day cancellation? Do you mean you have five days from purchase to cancel, or that you can cancel up to five days before the stay? Every time I've booked GCH before (you know, in the Before Times, the Long-Long-Ago), you could cancel with 100% refund up to like, the day before.

I can't access the page for the hotel right now (it puts me back in a queue!), but did anyone catch if they will store luggage?

Wait, what's the deal with a five-day cancellation? Do you mean you have five days from purchase to cancel, or that you can cancel up to five days before the stay? Every time I've booked GCH before (you know, in the Before Times, the Long-Long-Ago), you could cancel with 100% refund up to like, the day before.

room only reservations require cancellation five days prior to first night in order to get a refund.

https://www.getawaytoday.com/hotels/disneyland-resort/disneys-grand-californian-hotel-and-spa
If folks are curious about playing around with rates for different dates while the website is still in the queue you can view Get Away Today's page for the GCH now and it's all updated with rates. Their rates are sometimes a little cheaper than Disney- at least pre-covid they were but you can at least get an idea.

Debated a splurge for xmas but $800 a night... One day I'll stay there but man, I'm so cheap haha.

Same here! I was certain that was where we were going to stay, but our dates were $860/night!!! There was no way I was going to pay over $3500 for a parking lot view lol

Right!!! That's a few Disney Dooney & Burke's and some new legacy lightsabers... 😂

We're gonna do either the Best Western or Tropicana right across the street which is even closer walking distance anyways!

One year I might splurge for that GCH xmas stay though... it's been a bucket list item forever.

Right!!! That's a few Disney Dooney & Burke's and some new legacy lightsabers... 😂

We're gonna do either the Best Western or Tropicana right across the street which is even closer walking distance anyways!

One year I might splurge for that GCH xmas stay though... it's been a bucket list item forever.

You and me think alike - DISNEY DOONEY'S!!! :laughing:

For those of you who booked the hotel with park tickets how do we get our actual tickets? I see my reservation QR codes in my app, but no tickets. Do we get them when we check in?

I was hoping for a suite, but my dates weren't available. Did you call or did it come up as an option? With that pricing, maybe that's a good thing, LOL.

I ended up with a double pool view for about $850. I REALLY want to buy someone's Villa points but have yet to see where I can do that. Any advice? Thanks!

I ended up with a double pool view for about $850. I REALLY want to buy someone's Villa points but have yet to see where I can do that. Any advice? Thanks!
People rent their points in the forum on here under DVC rentals. Also, there will be a link somewhere on this site to the board sponsor, who has lots of DVC inventory for rent. A couple months ago, they had a lot of California inventory, but that might not be the case right now.

As PP said, maybe try checking with some of the rental companies or boards? I'm crossing my fingers my waitlist comes through. I'm paying almost $1000 a night for a partial view at the GC hotel :(

I've told my husband for my 50th I want to stay at the GCH when the parks are decorated for Christmas.

I am contemplating booking in late November. If I book the package with tickets, is the cancellation policy still 30 days? I feel like it used to be that, but I can't find any info on the hotel pages.

ETA: NM, I found it, the packages are still 30 days for free cancellation.

Last edited:
I am contemplating booking in late November. If I book the package with tickets, is the cancellation policy still 30 days? I feel like it used to be that, but I can't find any info on the hotel pages.

ETA: NM, I found it, the packages are still 30 days for free cancellation.
One possible option would be to book a room through Dapper Day, which is scheduled in November https://dapperday.com/pages/fall-2021-california. It's fully refundable with the same cancel-within-5-days-of-arrival stipulation as if you booked through Disney directly. Your reservation has to include at least one night of the Dapper Day event (Nov 13 & 14) so the latest you could start your booking would be Nov 14. The rate is $434 plus tax for a standard room. In the past I've been able to upgrade by calling, but who knows right now. They also usually sell park tickets, but again, these aren't normal times so I'm not sure if that option will be given this year. I honestly don't know how it works if you want to link tickets and so on. It's also subject to cancelation if covid remains an issue.
Here's what I found when I plugged in some dates. Notice they also have Disneyland Hotel, which may or may not be open in Nov. dapper day sample.JPG:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter