Grand Californian

At WDW they don't let people visit the resorts (at least when we went in Nov) without showing proof of a dining reservation or mobile order. But since GCH is much more easily accessible through Downtown Disney I doubt they'd do that there..
My understanding is that WDW scrapped this - they apparently only require proof of dining/mobile order if you try to park there or use rideshare. But if you get there via Disney transpo, you're good to go.

When The Grand Californian first opened , they did restrict entrance fromDowntown Disney with security . I would expect they will restrict guests and will prob remove the comfortable seating in the lobby .
The restaurants will be at capacity and that includes castmembers working and food selection, plus mobile order and servicing the actual guests staying at the resort ... everything will be restricted .

My understanding is that WDW scrapped this - they apparently only require proof of dining/mobile order if you try to park there or use rideshare. But if you get there via Disney transpo, you're good to go.

Awesome that they stopped. Then I think GCH will be just fine for folks to walk through.

Each (small) step like this is one closer to normalcy!

Don’t forget the Grand Californian is not technically open...it is just the DVC that is reopening, I think.
I just tried to make a reservation for the GCH and it I not allowing the calendar to give me a date to find reservations. Is the Disneyland Hotel opening?
Nope Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier are not re- opening yet...

Don’t forget the Grand Californian is not technically open...it is just the DVC that is reopening, I think.
I just tried to make a reservation for the GCH and it I not allowing the calendar to give me a date to find reservations. Is the Disneyland Hotel opening?
Nope Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier are not re- opening yet...

The Grand Californian opens two days before DVC on 4/29...

This morning, the website listed Craftsman Bar & Grill, and the gift shop as being open.

It didn’t list Storytellers, Napa Rose, or the Hearthstone Lounge as being open.
From disney.go.com:
The following offerings and experiences will be available when this hotel reopens. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.

From disney.go.com:
The following offerings and experiences will be available when this hotel reopens. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
That's good news about the Hearthstone Lounge. I hope that this means the roll out of opening dining and adding back services happens quickly.

I got my GCH over the phone. CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK "HOME"!

Edited to add: My hotel dates are for April 29-May 1. Premium pool view ($$$$)
I can see my hotel reservation on the Disneyland app with my ticket dates that are reserved. (Those were reserved on Monday, 4/12)

Last edited:
Don't know what the breakdown $ is by room type. We booked premium pool view #expensive We usually use military discount. Not available. Ph# I used: 714-520-5050

Thanks. Busy signal on that one too.

We usually book mil discount as well. But will be paying rack this time.

I've been in the queue on three devices since 8 but nothing yet (still on the wait is almost over page without a time estimate). I've tried a couple phone numbers but constant busy. Jealous of your ressie!!
Good Luck - would love to hear prices if you don't mind sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter