Grand Californian Super Thread

I dont remember who posted or where I saw it since I read through 290 pgs...lol But my question is about security. I know there is the one at DCA entrance from GC but the one from GC to DtD is new. Of course it's been 5 years since I have been to the park. Is there still a security check point leaving DtD to go to the main entrance to DL and DCA?

I dont remember who posted or where I saw it since I read through 290 pgs...lol But my question is about security. I know there is the one at DCA entrance from GC but the one from GC to DtD is new. Of course it's been 5 years since I have been to the park. Is there still a security check point leaving DtD to go to the main entrance to DL and DCA?
No, you go through security before you enter DTD. It’s now all in the bubble.

Can anyone staying at the GCH, in the morning at WWS, you can get free coffee, tea or hot chocolate by showing your GCH room key?

Anyone have a photo or link to the GC in room dining menu? I cant seem to find a current one. Thanks!

Nonsuch, Thanks for the pic. We arrive June 12th. Would be great if it was open by then. Peter C, The only info I found was a projected date of "spring 2019."

...We arrive June 12th. Would be great if it was open by then...
While I have no official information, the Pool Bar should easily be completed before your visit.
I'm surprised GCH management has not expedited this project and also the elevator lobby near Napa Rose, with so many VIP guests and Disney executives at the GCH for the SWGE Grand Opening,

I was reading in a different thread about the GCH room type with a King, daybed, and sleeper chair. If anyone has info on this room type, I'd be eager to hear it. I feel like this might be the best fit for my family of 4, but I'd love to learn all I can about how the room is configured and advantages or disadvantages before I request it. Thanks in advance!

I was reading in a different thread about the GCH room type with a King, daybed, and sleeper chair. If anyone has info on this room type, I'd be eager to hear it. I feel like this might be the best fit for my family of 4, but I'd love to learn all I can about how the room is configured and advantages or disadvantages before I request it. Thanks in advance!
This is our favorite room because the kids don’t have to share a bed. It is usually given to people attending conventions at GCH, so if a large convention is there, it is hard to get. I always request it and we have gotten it less than 50% of the times. The bathroom is first, then the bed, with the chair by the balcony and the pull down bed across from the real bed. I am sure there are photos on here somewhere if you need the exact layout. Not much floor space when the chair is folded out, but there is luggage storage under the king.

Thanks again, twodogs, for the room info. Are the sinks behind a door in the King/daybed/sleeper chair rooms or are they still in the room as in other room configurations?

I tried this on a new thread, but didn't get much feedback so I thought this might be a better place. I am going to EMH on Halloween which is a Thursday and plan to stay at the GCH for 3 or 4 nights. I won’t get to the DLR area until 10:45 pm Wed night. I'll have a standard room (any view is fine) and the critical issue is location: I want it to be next to the Napa Rose elevators.

Is it better to stay nearby and arrive early in the morning (6 am or so) to check in or do you think my chances are about the same of getting my room location if I arrive at the GCH the night before?

We are getting closer to our Sept 2-7 stay! I am still hoping perhaps something might come along to get us a better rate then our current $7K club level premium view rate!! If not, then we are prepared to suck it up and pay the big bucks for our once In a lifetime stay! We will be adding our boys to our room (26/23) so they can share the CL lounge and pool with us. (They won’t be sleeping there, they’ll be staying across the street at The BWPPI) now will we still be able to request a king bed room if there’s 4 attached to the room? Also what request should I note if I want a view of the Mickey wheel/ pier? Is this a good area of the hotel to request this view or are we better off requesting something else? I just think that view is so picturesque 😊. I don’t want a long walk to my room from the lounge or lobby though.... a little walk is fine, just not miles of endless corridors lol 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter