Grand Californian Super Thread

SeaDis

Mouseketeer
Good idea on Firestick.
For iPhone you can also buy an HDMI output for your charging (lightening) port. It has HDMI as well as a charging port. This way any streaming apps on your phone are fair game. Can also watch your own videos/photos from the day. Never had a problem with it on GCH TVs, or any other hotel TV with HDMI port; we have used everywhere. Not sure about an Android equivalent.

Note we have official Apple model-- can't speak to the knock offs.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-Adapter-MD826AM/dp/B009WHV3BM/

I hope next round of TVs will accept wireless airplay.

Edit: Hmmm looks like you can Airplay through the Firestick. Just takes another app and some tinkering.

Last edited:

hhoman

Earning My Ears
Hi All, does anyone have experience with charging ev vehicles at the grand Californian? I am staying at a Dvc resort and driving down for the first time in a model 3 from sf.... anyone have any experience doing this? What are the options? What do they charge? Is there a maximum time limit? How available are they?

awtigger

Mouseketeer
I dont remember who posted or where I saw it since I read through 290 pgs...lol But my question is about security. I know there is the one at DCA entrance from GC but the one from GC to DtD is new. Of course it's been 5 years since I have been to the park. Is there still a security check point leaving DtD to go to the main entrance to DL and DCA?

dina444444

DIS Veteran
I dont remember who posted or where I saw it since I read through 290 pgs...lol But my question is about security. I know there is the one at DCA entrance from GC but the one from GC to DtD is new. Of course it's been 5 years since I have been to the park. Is there still a security check point leaving DtD to go to the main entrance to DL and DCA?
No, you go through security before you enter DTD. It’s now all in the bubble.

azdisneylover

DIS Veteran
Can anyone staying at the GCH, in the morning at WWS, you can get free coffee, tea or hot chocolate by showing your GCH room key?

• princessdi

LoveMeSomeWDW
    Anyone have a photo or link to the GC in room dining menu? I cant seem to find a current one. Thanks!

• jvincent16

Mouseketeer
    Nonsuch, Thanks for the pic. We arrive June 12th. Would be great if it was open by then. Peter C, The only info I found was a projected date of "spring 2019."

Nonsuch

DIS Veteran
    ...We arrive June 12th. Would be great if it was open by then...
    While I have no official information, the Pool Bar should easily be completed before your visit.
    I'm surprised GCH management has not expedited this project and also the elevator lobby near Napa Rose, with so many VIP guests and Disney executives at the GCH for the SWGE Grand Opening,

tankgirl!

Mouseketeer
    I was reading in a different thread about the GCH room type with a King, daybed, and sleeper chair. If anyone has info on this room type, I'd be eager to hear it. I feel like this might be the best fit for my family of 4, but I'd love to learn all I can about how the room is configured and advantages or disadvantages before I request it. Thanks in advance!

twodogs

DIS Veteran
    I was reading in a different thread about the GCH room type with a King, daybed, and sleeper chair. If anyone has info on this room type, I'd be eager to hear it. I feel like this might be the best fit for my family of 4, but I'd love to learn all I can about how the room is configured and advantages or disadvantages before I request it. Thanks in advance!
    This is our favorite room because the kids don’t have to share a bed. It is usually given to people attending conventions at GCH, so if a large convention is there, it is hard to get. I always request it and we have gotten it less than 50% of the times. The bathroom is first, then the bed, with the chair by the balcony and the pull down bed across from the real bed. I am sure there are photos on here somewhere if you need the exact layout. Not much floor space when the chair is folded out, but there is luggage storage under the king.

tankgirl!

Mouseketeer
    Thanks again, twodogs, for the room info. Are the sinks behind a door in the King/daybed/sleeper chair rooms or are they still in the room as in other room configurations?

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES