Grand Californian Super Thread

For EMH, will they let you inside to a rope from the Grand CA entrance or do you wait in line until the start time?

Last edited:
For EMH, will they let you inside to a rope from the Grand CA entrance or do you wait in line until the start time?

It varies. Sometimes they hold at the painted ladies, sometimes they send you into rope drop at Carthay, sometimes they just open the gates and let the masses in from each entrance, no subsequent drop.

Does anyone know when CL rooms will be renovated. Our plan is the 3rd week of August and I know that the Concerige Lounge is slated to be moved during that time to a temp location. It would convince me to switch to GC from DL if chances of getting a renovated room is higher.

Hi has anyone been there the last couple weeks and do you know if they are renovating another bloc of rooms? Trying to decide if I should go for park view club. I have standard view club now and read that standard view is front of hotel. Is that true for club rooms?

Hi has anyone been there the last couple weeks and do you know if they are renovating another bloc of rooms? Trying to decide if I should go for park view club. I have standard view club now and read that standard view is front of hotel. Is that true for club rooms?
It has always been true for us.

Isn't there a thread about the construction progress? I am trying to remember the timeline as to when all the rooms will be completed and when work begins on the lobby. I'd like to stay in end of Sept or beginning of October if all the rooms are completed.

Isn't there a thread about the construction progress? I am trying to remember the timeline as to when all the rooms will be completed and when work begins on the lobby. I'd like to stay in end of Sept or beginning of October if all the rooms are completed.
The Disney site says June for lobby but its supposed to be done in sections and not all at once.

Rooms say Jan- fall 2017. I am surprised more are not posting about getting a new room since about 1/2 time complete.

Cl lounge I think August - fall. There will be a temp one set up.

I'll be there in June and hope to find out more::yes::

The Disney site says June for lobby but its supposed to be done in sections and not all at once.

Rooms say Jan- fall 2017. I am surprised more are not posting about getting a new room since about 1/2 time complete.

Cl lounge I think August - fall. There will be a temp one set up.

I'll be there in June and hope to find out more::yes::

I really wish they weren't so vague. I think the lobby is stunning and a really nice place to hang out in. I would be swayed to stay DLH if I knew the lobby wouldn't be accessible during our Halloween trip.

My family and I are staying at the GC in 3 weeks, if we get an non updated room can do you think I could request a Keurig coffee maker? I would prefer K-cups over the little coffee pods for the old coffee makers

My family and I are staying at the GC in 3 weeks, if we get an non updated room can do you think I could request a Keurig coffee maker? I would prefer K-cups over the little coffee pods for the old coffee makers
I would ask, they may have some spares or not . You won't know if you don't try.

It's hard to tell with the refurb. Usually they have spares in case one breaks but if they are still doing it they may only have the old style coffee makers as extras.

We there similar times ! Hope we have a great trip :)

Hi there!
Does anyone have updated info on the construction progress?
*Rooms? How many are finished? Where are the working?
*Lobby?

TIA!!:teleport:

Hi there!
Does anyone have updated info on the construction progress?
*Rooms? How many are finished? Where are the working?
*Lobby?

TIA!!:teleport:

I don't have specific room numbers or anything but when we left today they were working on upper floor rooms (looked like top two floors) facing the courtyard where the monorail line goes through, and some facing out over World Of Disney!
When we checked in Monday renovated rooms facing DtD or the park were still very limited so we ended up on a 2nd level woods view. From our room it almost looked like they were working on the roof above the lobby- not sure what that was about, but so far no actual construction in the lobby! Not sure if any of that helps, but I hope it does! :)

Oh, and officially all GCH pools are open! no more construction to the pools (for now at least!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter