Grand Californian Super Thread

Our family will be staying on the hotel side next month, as the DVC portion is completely full. Being that we usually stay in the DVC section I know which floors and rooms to request.

For the hotel side I booked a room for the CY/WV views, As I've been reading they also have bunk beds. Do I need to request a room with bunk beds? Our kids would love it (7&3) Also any ideas on floor levels I should request or rooms that had a nice view of the CY or the WV with monorail?

Thanks!

I arrive on a AP black out Saturday (Nov 30). Is there a place I can view WOC & hear it? I am staying in a standard room.
THank you!!

For the hotel side I booked a room for the CY/WV views, As I've been reading they also have bunk beds. Do I need to request a room with bunk beds? Our kids would love it (7&3) Also any ideas on floor levels I should request or rooms that had a nice view of the CY or the WV with monorail?
You certainly should make a request for bunk beds in advance. They are located throughout the hotel, but are not very common.

All Courtyard View rooms will have a view of the Monorail, which passes through the center of the courtyard.

x4xx (even numbers) located above World of Disney, also have a good view of the Monorail. Some of these rooms are likely the more expensive Theme Park View, otherwise they are Woods View.

I just booked a "theme park view" room for our very first trip to DCA and The GCH!!!! I have a question: can you see the WOC show from this room category? Do these rooms (hotel) side have the view of the show? I really want a room where I can see the show right from my balcony, and if this room category/hotel does not offer it, can you please tell me which hotel does? Thanks so much!

I just booked a "theme park view" room for our very first trip to DCA and The GCH!!!! I have a question: can you see the WOC show from this room category? Do these rooms (hotel) side have the view of the show? I really want a room where I can see the show right from my balcony, and if this room category/hotel does not offer it, can you please tell me which hotel does? Thanks so much!

Congratulations!

To answer your questions, yes and no. The Grand DOES offer the ability to view WOC. But, there are only a number of "theme park view" rooms that offer that view. Some "theme park view" rooms (which face east) will offer a view of Grizzly Peak, others (which face south) will give you a view of the pool directly below and the park beyond that. And yet others (also south facing) will give you a view of the park directly below and a prime view of WOC.

I hope this makes sense :goodvibes

HERE is a link for the floor plan and a map of where the rooms are

...I really want a room where I can see the show right from my balcony, and if this room category/hotel does not offer it, can you please tell me which hotel does?
The villas have the best WOC view (of any location outside the park), but do not have a great view (even the Grand Villa). I have been lucky enough to view WOC from several VGC balconies, but this is not a substitute for viewing in the park.

These are a few pictures from the 6th floor patio (open to all Grand Californian guests):
patio_south.jpg

patio_high.jpg

patio_end.jpg

The 6th WOC patio view is very far to the right, and all hotel rooms are on lower floors and farther to the right.

(detailed maps of this wing of the hotel are linked in my signature)

Thank you for clarifying the theme park view category for me. I don't think this category is worth the huge price difference between standard and theme park view. I may switch now and find that public viewing area for our first night since it will be a non park day. We have one day in the parks and will make an effort to see it on site too, before heading down to San Diego for the remainder of our So Cal trip!

Great Thread! Thanks

Just moved our March stay to July so we have more time to enjoy all! Staying in a 2 bd villa. So excited! :banana:

Please share any must do's in the resort as well as foods to not miss! We are big foodies! Will have our 4 kids along too! Our 1st visit to DL!pixiedust:

Hello!

Hopefully I can get a quick guidance on our first trip to GCH.

We are staying for 2 nights in February. 2 adults / 2 kids.

The room that is currently booked is Woods/Garden/Courtyard View. This was set by default.

On the reservation it says, CH W1. I read through like 115 pages, few post mentioned CH was 2 queens? seemed standard through the hotel. W1 no idea.

View doesnt matter too much. If it has a great view, great but if it doesnt not a deal breaker for us.

I guess any recommendations for easy access to elevators or best access to the entrance of the parks. Maybe a room with the best of both.

Thank you.

We are staying for 2 nights in February. 2 adults / 2 kids.
The room that is currently booked is Woods/Garden/Courtyard View.
...I guess any recommendations for easy access to elevators or best access to the entrance of the parks. Maybe a room with the best of both.
Request to be near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose :idea:
The rooms facing the park on lower floors are classified as Woods View, while the upper floors are Park View.
Make it clear when checking in, that location is most important and view is secondary.

Request to be near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose :idea:
The rooms facing the park on lower floors are classified as Woods View, while the upper floors are Park View.
Make it clear when checking in, that location is most important and view is secondary.

Awesome,

Thank you, I kept reading on the newer post and seemed like those that were above napa rose seemed to love the location.

hi hi, i have a question about checking in!

i get into SAN from an international flight mid-morning, and after a stop to the apple store, DF and i are headed straight up. we have an appointment at the courthouse at 3:30, so we'll probably check in (although way before 3) and eat lunch at DTD before heading over.

it would be a+ unicorns and rainbows if we magically got our room before 3, but i don't want to count on it. is there anywhere else i could freshen up? i read there is a fitness room by the spa with locker rooms, so i'm guessing i could use the showers in the locker room? are there blowdryers provided (i know some gyms do this)?

I'm sure this has been answered, but this is a mammoth thread, so I'll ask again. ;)

Are there any 2-bedroom suites that have a parking lot view? I looked at the floor plans and it looks like we're safe. Really hoping to avoid a parking lot view. Would love a park view, but I'm guessing there's no way to guarantee that.

...Are there any 2-bedroom suites that have a parking lot view? I looked at the floor plans and it looks like we're safe. Really hoping to avoid a parking lot view. Would love a park view, but I'm guessing there's no way to guarantee that.
You should be safe :goodvibes
2 bedroom suites are generally 1 bedroom suites with a standard hotel room linked, most are in corners.
(you are correct, this has been previously posted :laughing:)
locations.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter