Grand Californian Room Service?

poptart90

DIS Veteran
With all the concerns about food and dining (and THANK YOU so much for continuing to post experiences! So helpful!) I was wondering if GCH is serving in-room dining these days? We had planned to order our breakfast and coffee that way, plus use it for lunches or dinners if dining in the parks is too difficult. Can anyone confirm they have used it recently? How'd it go?

Mobile order is not always available. It was turned off this past Sunday (for both breakfast and lunch, possibly beyond).

Did you try ordering from the Craftsman Grill through mobile ordering? I saw your post which noted many options for mobile not working. :( Wondering if you had specific experience this weekend with the Craftsman?

And just a general comment, how on earth are families eating, like breakfast, at DLR? You can't get a restaurant reservation, no room service, no mobile ordering...?? Yeah, that sounds like a winning start to the morning with kiddos. Nothing like a HANGRY meltdown at rope drop. :sad2:

Did you try ordering from the Craftsman Grill through mobile ordering? I saw your post which noted many options for mobile not working. :( Wondering if you had specific experience this weekend with the Craftsman?

And just a general comment, how on earth are families eating, like breakfast, at DLR? You can't get a restaurant reservation, no room service, no mobile ordering...?? Yeah, that sounds like a winning start to the morning with kiddos. Nothing like a HANGRY meltdown at rope drop. :sad2:
Yes I did try to mobile order from Craftsman Grill for both breakfast (mobile order unavailable Sunday morning) and later I tried to mobile order lunch from there (still no mobile order available). We ended up walking up to order lunch, which was fine. Very short line and we waited maybe 15 minutes to get our food. But we had our drinks while we were waiting since those are self serve. The CMs working there were very nice and helpful. I do wish mobile order was offered though because it would have saved us 20 minutes.

Craftsman was also closed for mobile ordering on Monday morning (yesterday). Very frustrating, but we ended up going to Storytellers with a 15-minute wait.

What we've always done is have some items from the grocery store delivered for us to eat in the room while we get ready (we are a rope drop family). Yogurt, fruit, fresh orange juice, even cereal & milk for my husband. Gets us up and going. Usually grab SBUX on the way into the park (either in DTD or inside whichever park). Boy we miss mobile ordering. Our strategy has been to send my husband ahead of time to SBUX and I head to rope drop. Meet up at the rope with our entire group. If we don't have breakfast items in our room we get whatever at SBUX.

We sure missed mobile ordering at DTD SBUX this last time...

After we've done our rope drop / early in the day rides we grab another round of coffee for the adults and a fun breakfast item somewhere in the park (Ronto Roasters was a big hit this last time!)

Craftsman was also closed for mobile ordering on Monday morning (yesterday). Very frustrating, but we ended up going to Storytellers with a 15-minute wait.

Why didn't you just go down and wait in line at Craftsman? Are the lines prohibitively long even first thing in the morning? This is stressing me out. My hubby is much happier after a warm breakfast.

Why didn't you just go down and wait in line at Craftsman? Are the lines prohibitively long even first thing in the morning? This is stressing me out. My hubby is much happier after a warm breakfast.

We considered it, but honestly, we did not know if it was open since it wouldn't let us mobile order. It was also my daughter's actual birthday, so when we saw that we could go to Storyteller's last minute, we went there instead. :)

I second eating the in the hotel. If they have a microwave (most if not all of the Harbor hotels do) you can heat up breakfast sandwiches, if you need it to be warm. Bring your own coffee grounds if you can't stand the hotel freebees. We generally have granola bars, yogurt, muffins, juice, or those individual cereal cups. BTW, you can get those cereal cups at some of the little convenience stores attached to the Harbor hotels-- the one behind the office at the Park Vue has a few varieties, which saved us.

When it was Whitewater Snacks, the Craftsman Grill also had a small "grocery" selection (mainly to serve folks in the villas, I believe) that might help you stock some items in your room too (cereal cups, milk, yogurts etc). I assume they still have some of this stuff which you could pick up the night before/when you arrive.

GCH rooms have mini-fridges and Keurigs but not microwaves.

When it was Whitewater Snacks, the Craftsman Grill also had a small "grocery" selection (mainly to serve folks in the villas, I believe) that might help you stock some items in your room too (cereal cups, milk, yogurts etc). I assume they still have some of this stuff which you could pick up the night before/when you arrive.

GCH rooms have mini-fridges and Keurigs but not microwaves.
Craftsman Grill does still have items like this. And to add to this post, the floors have microwaves on them in the ice/soda rooms.

Craftsman Grill does still have items like this. And to add to this post, the floors have microwaves on them in the ice/soda rooms.

Is that all floors of the hotel or certain areas? Our last stay (pre-Covid) the ice/soda room in our Woods/Courtyard area did not have a microwave. If that's changed, it would be so awesome!

When we have stayed (pre and post covid), we have usually been on the 4th or 5th floor, and the ice room across from room 4105 and 5105 and the one near 5239 have had microwaves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter