Best water park hotel off Disney property?

SL6827

DIS Legend
What hotel/resort, off Disney property, has the best water park, lazy river areas, ect?

World Center Marriott. There are a few Marriott Vacations clubs adjacent that have access to most of the pool features at World Center (not the newest water park area though)

We'd like to stay at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve sometime. The pool features there are appealing.

What hotel/resort, off Disney property, has the best water park, lazy river areas, ect?
Marriott World Center HOTEL has access to everything. MVC units can utilize hotel pools, slides etc but would have to pay a daily fee for waterpark IF they have availability. If I were really going to use those I would stay in the hotel. The new waterpark area is beautifully done.

I always forget about this one as I haven't been since they built the waterpark. It is another Marriott with a waterpark spitting distance to the parks.

Margaritaville Resort has the Island H2O water park in front of it and offers some kind of deals.

Universal has Volcano Bay. Its Cabana Bay Resort is next door.

There are many hotels near Aquatica at Seaworld, but nothing connected.

Reunion Resort has a water park, but it is mainly just a lazy river and splash pad area. The resort has many other pools

Orange Lake Resort has River Island and many pools

Omni Orlando at Championsgate has a lazy river

There are many options out there

Marriott World Center HOTEL has access to everything. MVC units can utilize hotel pools, slides etc but would have to pay a daily fee for waterpark IF they have availability. If I were really going to use those I would stay in the hotel. The new waterpark area is beautifully done.
The hotel complex is HUGE but I couldn't find a reasonable price on the rooms there for my family of 5 (if anyone knows a good hack to find a lower priced room there I am all ears!). I did find a good deal nearby I think called marriot sabal palms, but I called MWC front desk and asked and they told me there was no access to the water park for those guests, only for those at the MWC main hotel itself. Maybe there is a better way? BTW what is MVC (marriott vacation club)? Not sure but maybe that is a way to save a few bucks..

The hotel complex is HUGE but I couldn't find a reasonable price on the rooms there for my family of 5 (if anyone knows a good hack to find a lower priced room there I am all ears!). I did find a good deal nearby I think called marriot sabal palms, but I called MWC front desk and asked and they told me there was no access to the water park for those guests, only for those at the MWC main hotel itself. Maybe there is a better way? BTW what is MVC (marriott vacation club)? Not sure but maybe that is a way to save a few bucks..
Staying on the timeshare side of Marriott would be ideal for a family of five.

There appears to be a way to get access to the waterpark, but it is limited and costs extra:

Vacation Club River Falls Day Pass
https://orlandoworldcentermarriott.ipoolside.com/

I have not done this.

Are you looking at prices directly from the resorts or looking to book via Redweek / Tugbbs / Vrbo / Ebay, etc. from people who rent their timeshares? This can be much more affordable.

Orange Lake Resort has a great area called River Island with a lazy river and a slide or 2. The resort is huge and usually you can find rooms at a lower price point from Marriott.

Sabal Palms is my favorite and I'm staying there in December for I don't know maybe the 6th or 7th time. Sabal is part of the MVC which is comparable to Disney's DVC. It's their ownership (timeshare) program it just doesn't work like a timeshare booking wise.

MWC sadly will never give you info that is a positive for the MVC (been there done that). They are there to promote the hotel. Of course if you are not a MVC owner then is it hard to get information.

As a note it is a large complex mostly because it is a HUGE HOTEL surrounded by golf courses and has a convention center. The MVC villages are not large and they offer shuttle carts that will get you to hotel if you need. The water park is very close to Sabal and only a few minute walk. We walked past it to the hotel several times on our last visit there because we ate at hotel and shopped in their pantry which is large and has ready made food and some quick serve.

Look at the link below and see how it works ...

There appears to be a way to get access to the waterpark, but it is limited and costs extra:

I have not done this.

Are you looking at prices directly from the resorts or looking to book via Redweek / Tugbbs / Vrbo / Ebay, etc. from people who rent their timeshares? This can be much more affordable.
THIS IS GREAT that they are allowing you to see in advance and book it to be sure!!!!

My previous trips we have been told it was a day by day decision as to whether we could book so we wouldn't know until there. Concierge did tell me a few times it is something they were working hard with the hotel on because the ongoing agreement of sharing and access they have always had was getting complicated.

I have not done this.

Thanks. I did check the link but aside from the cost, it seems like 90% of dates are unavailable. Appreciate the info Upatnoon!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest