• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG motion sickness poll

Motion sickness level for you

• No issues with motion sickness

Votes: 326 61.0%
  • Mild nausea

Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters
I read on a facebook group DON'T LOOK AT THE MOON if you get motion sickness
My first two rides - very very queasy when getting off. Had to get a sprite and sit for awhile
third ride, looked up at the stars instead of down at the moon and felt fine afterwards

I'm just so surprised by how many people are mentioning widespread illness after this! We rode during previews, and I had to stand outside for baby swap, and literally watched reactions of hundreds of people coming out and not a one seemed sick or off. It was so fun to see all their excitement and reactions! Fellow child swap people were greeted by excited family members raving about the ride. It made it extra exciting for me since I rode second!

When I rode it, our entire coaster cheered when we pulled back into the station. No one seemed any different :confused3

We have loooooots of local AP friends and CM's who rode during previews who had nothing but amazing things to say.

What changed? Why are so many folks now seeing people lined up in the bathrooms, puking into bags, struggling to walk up the stairs, etc?

I'm just so surprised by how many people are mentioning widespread illness after this! We rode during previews, and I had to stand outside for baby swap, and literally watched reactions of hundreds of people coming out and not a one seemed sick or off. It was so fun to see all their excitement and reactions! Fellow child swap people were greeted by excited family members raving about the ride. It made it extra exciting for me since I rode second!

When I rode it, our entire coaster cheered when we pulled back into the station. No one seemed any different :confused3

We have loooooots of local AP friends and CM's who rode during previews who had nothing but amazing things to say.

What changed? Why are so many folks now seeing people lined up in the bathrooms, puking into bags, struggling to walk up the stairs, etc?
Did you look at the preview threads (there were at least 2 of them)? People reported being off, sick in those too. I know when we got off on our preview there was at least one or two people who at least needed just a moment (I felt jittery and dizzy but was otherwise fine but it def. triggered my motion sickness and would not be something I can do again), they were waiting by the elevator seemingly hoping to do that rather than the stairs.

Nothing has changed, people were feeling off during previews too you just may not have heard it yourself.

Did you look at the preview threads (there were at least 2 of them)? People reported being off, sick in those too. I know when we got off on our preview there was at least one or two people who at least needed just a moment (I felt jittery and dizzy but was otherwise fine but it def. triggered my motion sickness and would not be something I can do again), they were waiting by the elevator seemingly hoping to do that rather than the stairs.

Nothing has changed, people were feeling off during previews too you just may not have heard it yourself.

No, I did hear some which is why I was being extra observant of everyone coming off the ride, and polled all our AP friends. It just seems to be a HUGE issue now, while then I just heard of a couple here and there.

Maybe now that so many have felt it, people are more willing to share their experiences. I felt completely off after the last time I rode MS but was with extended family and faked feeling fine so I wouldn't slow them down :o

ETA: I haven't ridden since the preview so I didn't know if tweaks had been made recently that upped the pukey feeling that might not had been working during previews (like additional screens)

No, I did hear some which is why I was being extra observant of everyone coming off the ride, and polled all our AP friends. It just seems to be a HUGE issue now, while then I just heard of a couple here and there.

Maybe now that so many have felt it, people are more willing to share their experiences. I felt completely off after the last time I rode MS but was with extended family and faked feeling fine so I wouldn't slow them down :o

ETA: I haven't ridden since the preview so I didn't know if tweaks had been made recently that upped the pukey feeling that might not had been working during previews (like additional screens)
I feel like I heard about a decent amount during the previews enough to see that it was a ride that is going to give more consistent motion sickness issues generally speaking but def. more people have ridden it since then so I think it's just expanded on the number of available experiences and like you said share those experiences. Plus there's more posters that probably fall into the general pool of park goers (meaning ones who didn't qualify or couldn't get a Preview). But I don't think it's that suddenly more people are getting sick. I'm glad they responded with the bags although seems a tad slow on getting those out based on reports :crazy2:

If you've ridden mission space orange I commend you, no way can I do that! but I do enjoy green.

I rode the ride twice so far on Tuesday but didn't see any cast members passing out any bags.

likely not the case. Rode it twice during the preview and before the 2nd ride they had to shut it down for 15 minutes for a cleanup. The previews had a lot fewer riders coming through as well, and you didn't get firsthand accounts from most of those.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read that Disney has put benches back into the breezeway between Connections Restaurant and Creations Shop. There were no benches there a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if they will put more of them along the exit hallway and lower the temperature like they did for Mission Space.

Only ride I’ve had dizziness before is FOP and this also triggered that for me for a few hours following. My issue is more 3D induced dizziness. I’ve never ridden Mission Space for reference.

For those you who have ridden already , please select one choice , and if you felt nauseous or selected the vomit comet option please reply with what other WDW rides you have felt this on , I think this poll will help those evaluate if it’s worth a ride
We rode last Saturday. I was concerned about halfway though, but in the end felt fine when I got off. I did say, it might be challenging right after a meal!

I rode during the previews and after opening, Nothing changed

Just rode yesterday, DD and I get terrible motion sickness in general so the night before a theme park we take 1/2 a dose of Bonine and a full dose in the morning then follow up with a pill every 4-6 hours

We did NOT get sick at all on GOTG with our typical medication regimen.

DD got on mission space orange after and was terribly sick and needed about 30 minutes to drink a soda and eat popcorn, just for comparison.

Had no issues with this and rode it twice. However, just about 25% of the way through Remy did me in. I rode the rest of it looking down. Awful. Never again.

Til i joined this site I have never come across so many people that can't handle rides. The only thing I have ever experienced is I greyed out riding a coaster once due to dehydration. I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Til i joined this site I have never come across so many people that can't handle rides.
That's because you focus so much on Cedar Point and the likes where you'll find more people there that ride the large coasters but there's always people who don't do xyz. I actually couldn't do a lot of at my local amusement park growing up because I was too short ;) didn't meet the height requirements 🙃 blame genetics. I've met them for a long enough time now but you get the idea.

That's because you focus so much on Cedar Point and the likes where you'll find more people there that ride the large coasters but there's always people who don't do xyz. I actually couldn't do a lot of at my local amusement park growing up because I was too short ;) didn't meet the height requirements 🙃 blame genetics. I've met them for a long enough time now but you get the idea.
This thread does help my understand why so many of you love Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter