GOTG-Mission:Breakout

Let me ask people this:

Does anyone know more detailed information about the 6 ride vignettes/scenarios/outcomes? I know some people have seen media previews (or some such) so I'm not looking for full-on spoilers or anything... I'd just like a bit of reassurance about something (Which I will now explain)...

I was debating the merits of purchasing this party ticket w/ a family member last night and mentioned it would be a good way to take a crack at riding all six versions on a single day. I said something akin to "It's allegedly somewhat like Star Tours, where the ride can have one of six different outcomes each time you're on it"

My understanding was that the ride would have a different story, and different visuals, a different drop sequence and a different soundtrack, depending on which of the six versions you got. Making the story/ride feel fresh each time (or at least 6 times)

She countered with the notion that all 6 versions won't feel very different/unique, and that the difference is overblown. The same way the "random outcome" of Tower of Terror in Orlando is (arguably) overblown. Her belief is that it will be nothing different than the same randomized drop sequences Tower of Terror always has/had (which, while Disney says they're different and randomized, can often all feel very similar)... it was her belief that the visuals/story would be the same every time, beyond a minor change of soundtrack & drop sequence.

So which one of us is right?

Having never been on the ride, and only knowing a small amount about it... it's difficult to know which one of our notions is closer to the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I realize the ride hasn't changed majorly mechanically. I don't expect a full-on Star Tours style simulation... but that said, I was getting the impression that they were really looking to push the limits of what they could do with the ride and craft six different experiences. Up to now, I was still picturing like... a different story in each of the 6 scenarios. Same basic overall plot, but maybe in 1 Star-Lord is more prominent, and in 2 Drax is more prominent, and in 3 Gamora, etc. And perhaps they frame the drops (or the rider's escape) w/ a different context and different audio/video of the characters accompanying.

She however, is picturing a ride that's largely the same from point A to point B each time, albeit w/ slightly different drops & a different song.

I will be disappointed if it turns out she's correct, haha.

Hmmm...unless I am confusing DCA ToT with HS, wasn't there a projection at the beginning with the family disappearing into The Twilight Zone? If so, maybe that is where the story could vary, along with the change in drop sequence and music?

Okay.......I thought about this & asked my husband but we feel it would not be worth the $150 per for even just the two us :rolleyes1to do this 1 ride at the moment. Yes .... we too do not like standing in long lines either BUT the amount we pay yearly for DVC is enough for us to constantly stay onsite for EMH time thus cutting the line waiting at least in half!! :teacher: This is how it's paid off all these years for RSR for us! :-) HOWEVER..... if the rumor ( JUST A RUMOR ) for possibly shutting out AP holders for the 1st few months of the opening to Star Wars Land becomes true THEN paying the EXTRA $$$ per person would be worth it for us. :rolleyes: I know nothing.... again just rumored!!! :listen:

The LONGEST WAITING in line for me wasn't even here at DL but at Universal Orlando for a Harry Potter ride (almost 3 hours) and the SKIP THE LINE PASS did NOT HELP us out!! :furious: But I LOVED IT!! :D It was and for now still a once in life time ride for me!! :rolleyes:

I am willing to wait sometime for GOTG ride cuz its not going anywhere! :-) If the AP preview might be a long wait as well then I might pass on this also!
Would love a report back from those who are going to any or all events just to hear what I missed out on!! :yay:

Let me ask people this:

Does anyone know more detailed information about the 6 ride vignettes/scenarios/outcomes? I know some people have seen media previews (or some such) so I'm not looking for full-on spoilers or anything... I'd just like a bit of reassurance about something (Which I will now explain)...

She however, is picturing a ride that's largely the same from point A to point B each time, albeit w/ slightly different drops & a different song.

I will be disappointed if it turns out she's correct, haha.

Perhaps you're both right in some respects. She is right in the sense that the ride will be the same at point A & B. You get in the shaft and go up and down and get out. BUT you are right too in that there will be differences. It was described that there would be 6 different scenarios and each has a different song attached to it and a different drop sequence. I imagine they would also have different scenes in that part of the ride and that is what makes the scenarios different. Each ride will start with shooting to the top though as that is where the generator is. And each will have the same idea that you need to disable the generator. The scenario and music are what will be different.

Is it weird that the cost doesn't seem like that much to me? I mean, yeah, it's a lot but people already pay a lot for a seat for WOC and a few tiny desserts, which I think is way overpriced. I'd rather pay for this. I won't be there that day but I'd probably spring for it. To be able to ride all 6 versions would be great!

Is it weird that the cost doesn't seem like that much to me? I mean, yeah, it's a lot but people already pay a lot for a seat for WOC and a few tiny desserts, which I think is way overpriced. I'd rather pay for this. I won't be there that day but I'd probably spring for it. To be able to ride all 6 versions would be great!

Conditioning....

LOL!

150 dollars is quite a bit of money for one ride and some souvenirs. I could see it for star wars land buy for GOTG, I don't see it.

But if they get enough people to part with 150 for this ride, I wonder how much extra they will squeeze out of customers for Star Wars land? And for how long? Days, months or maybe a full year of an extra charge on top of admission/annual pass. If it were not for that losing money pit they call ESPN, I would invest in Disney stock.

150 dollars is quite a bit of money for one ride and some souvenirs. I could see it for star wars land buy for GOTG, I don't see it.

But if they get enough people to part with 150 for this ride, I wonder how much extra they will squeeze out of customers for Star Wars land? And for how long? Days, months or maybe a full year of an extra charge on top of admission/annual pass. If it were not for that losing money pit they call ESPN, I would invest in Disney stock.

I can't imagine them actually charging for a whole year of "previews." I mean they are advertising Star Wars is coming to BOTH coasts pretty heavily. It's not something they can just suddenly charge an extra $200 a person for. HOWEVER, I could see them having lots of exclusive parties. Could you imagine if Star Wars land closed regularly (even nightly) to allow for special access parties? That could bring some big bucks Disney's way. And I bet a bunch of people would pay for it just to have lower crowd access. :confused3

It's not something they can just suddenly charge an extra $200 a person for.

They can charge whatever the market will pay. On the fine print when you buy a ticket or an annual pass, it says they can raise their prices. And why wouldn't they? If people are lining up and want to give them their money, Disney has a responsibility to their shareholders to do so.

This GOTG thing, just like the late checkout with TOT, I think is a trial run to see if they can do so, and get away with it. And neither of these attractions come any where near the global draw that Star Wars has. With the popularity of Star Wars, Disney will probably have to charge a lot more just to keep the crowds under control. Otherwise they will have to close the doors every day when the fire department shows up and declares it unsafe.

The only question I have is how much more will they charge and for how long?

Last edited:
They can charge whatever the market will pay. On the fine print when you buy a ticket or an annual pass, it says they can raise their prices. And why wouldn't they? If people are lining up and want to give them their money, Disney has a responsibility to their shareholders to do so.

This GOTG thing, just like the late checkout with TOT, I think is a trail run to see if they can do so, and getting away with it. And neither of these attractions come any where near the global draw that Star Wars has. With the popularity of Star Wars, Disney will probably have to charge a lot more just to keep the crowds under control. Otherwise they will have to close the doors every day when the fire department shows up and declares it unsafe.

I can't even imagine what shenanigans they will pull with Star Wars Land. :faint:

Just read on an online site that ALL previews (Cast Members, AP holders, etc) have been cancelled in lieu of selling more tickets to this charged event. So disappointing. This attitude is seen across the boards...WDW, DLR, DCL. With no end in sight....

Just read on an online site that ALL previews (Cast Members, AP holders, etc) have been cancelled in lieu of selling more tickets to this charged event. So disappointing. This attitude is seen across the boards...WDW, DLR, DCL. With no end in sight....
Which is why I don't go to the parks as often and am going before Star Wars opens! We used to go every year, multiple times a year, but not anymore. By the end of recent visits I've been frustrated and even though I still adore all things Disney, I have found that visiting less often helps me Rekindle the Magic!

Based on this thread and others that are about "charged" events, a whole lot of people are willing to pay a lot of extra cash. So what motivation does Disney have to give it away for free. It should be interesting to see what happens when Star Wars Land opens.

Can you quote your online source? And why would they cancel the cast preview as it is used for testing loading procedures? It is to occur 21/22, no where near the party date.

This GOTG thing, just like the late checkout with TOT, I think is a trial run to see if they can do so, and get away with it. And neither of these attractions come any where near the global draw that Star Wars has. With the popularity of Star Wars, Disney will probably have to charge a lot more just to keep the crowds under control. Otherwise they will have to close the doors every day when the fire department shows up and declares it unsafe.

Well I disagree with your thoughts that they could upcharge for months or even a year. Special access and/or event parties are a given. But I do not believe they will allow upcharge only access for a year. That does not fit with Disney's current business model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter