• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got Pixie Dust? A June 2009 PTR ~TR Link, Page 180

Charleston Princess

DIS Veteran
Ah, it's almost October – one of my favorite months of the year – cooler weather, pumpkins, candy corn, Halloween, and a new pre-trip report!

Table of Contents:
Introduction
Resort Roll Call
Buy It Now? Okay!
Different Outfits for Different Moods!
This is Halloween!
Resort Decision 2009!
Ta Da!
The Evolution of Anti-Disney Man!
What the Stylish Planners are Reading This Season!
Thank Goodness for Pixie Dust!
The Elves Have Arrived!
Do They Think This is Florida?
This Time in Six Months!
The Joker, Jokes, and Pixie Dust!
Not Quite the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House!
Our Newest Addition!
First Night!
Nala and the Elves!
Our Beloved!
Eddie Valient and a Chipmunk!
Vera versus Vera!
Dreaming of the Beach...Club!
Where to Go and What to Eat?
Now About This Camera...
The Disney Oracle!
Fun Times at the Magic Kingdom!
Big Changes!
ADR Wish List...Take Two!
Capturing the Elusive AKL Room!
Heading to Tutlanta!
Foolish Mortals at the Laughin' Place!
Dole Whips and Captain Hook!
100 Days Until...
Magical Disney Mail and a Couple of Puzzles!
Epcot Memories!
Operation ADR!
Oranges and Go-Go Boots!
Epcot: The Other Stuff!
If We Were World Showcase Countries...
Hello, Hollywood! The Early Years!
Spring Break Fun!
Disney Hollywood Studios: The Later Years!
Disney Hollywood Studios: Take Three!
Warthogs and All!
T -- 30 Days!
Look, Monkeys!
Countdown Calendar, Science Fun, and Never Dones!
On the 12th Day 'Til Disney!
On the 10th Day 'Til Disney!
On the 9th Day 'Til Disney!
On the 8th Day 'Til Disney!
On the 6th Day 'Til Disney!
On the 5th Day 'Til Disney!
The Waiting Place!
On the 3rd Day 'Til Disney!
On the 2nd Day 'Til Disney! Final Itinerary and Charles, the Road Trip Diva!
'Twas the Night Before Disney!
Trip Report Announcement!

First, let me introduce all of us – for the truly adventurous check out my first pre-trip/trip report:
The Pursuit of Disney Magic.

Here’s the Cliff Notes version:

Me (Jackie) – 33 and still a Disney freak. I have been going to Walt Disney World since I was nine months old. The longest stretch of time in between trips was during the Disney Drought from 1998 until 2004 – the shortest stretch of time was 60 days. Charleston, South Carolina is my hometown, but we currently live in the Atlanta area. I teach middle school language arts and besides Disney, I love films, scrapbooking, and reading.

DH (Charles) – 38 and a closet Disney freak. He used to pretend to only tolerate Disney because I loved it – in fact I routinely referred to him as the Anti-Disney Man; now, I know differently (more on some of those revelations later on). Surprisingly, I recently found out from his father that when they lived in California, they spent a lot of time at Disneyland. Oh, really??? Charles’s love is soccer, and he coaches as much as possible. When he isn’t coaching, he is playing various online computer games – World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Warhammer.

Here’s us:
012_13.jpg

DD (Chelsea) – 11 and raised to be a Disney lover; her first trip was also when she was nine months old. She started middle school this year and since June we have successfully navigated starting middle school, purchasing name brand clothes, eye shadow, and a first dance. Chelsea is very dramatic. Case in point: the other day she flopped into a chair and said, “Mother, I need a trip to Disney.” Hmmm, wonder who she sounded like? She has already decided that she wants to celebrate her 13th birthday in 2010 at the Grand Floridian. Okay!

018_7.jpg

DS (Connor) – 9 and also successfully brainwashed in all things Disney; his first trip was when he was five years old; when asked last year to write a proper noun for a park, he wrote Disney World; when playing Clue Haunted Mansion he begins the game by intoning “Welcome Foolish Mortals.” Loves all the typical boy things: pirates, Legos, Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Star Wars, and whatever else catches his fancy.

017_8.jpg

So, that’s our crew! Now, on to some trip news!

As soon as we got back from Disney in June, we were plotting and planning. Well, I was plotting and planning. Because, according to Charles, it would be bad luck not to book on the first day that 2009 packages were released, we decided on and booked our package on August 3.

Here are our specifics:

Dates: June 6 – June 13, 2009

Tickets: 8-Day Base Tickets

Dining Plan: I love the Dining Plan, because I hate trying to budget for meals!

Resort: Well, it is me! What would my trip planning be if there weren’t quite a few resort changes?

It started off as a preferred room at Caribbean Beach Resort, but I was lusting after Animal Kingdom Lodge.

But wait! Check out the ticker!

UP NEXT: How did I go from Caribbean Beach or Animal Kingdom Lodge to Wilderness Lodge – a resort I have never even set foot in???

I'm in!!!! :goodvibes

Oooo...you did switch. You know I love Wilderness Lodge! I think you'll all be very happy there.

Chelsea is very dramatic. Case in point: the other day she flopped into a chair and said, “Mother, I need a trip to Disney.” Hmmm, wonder who she sounded like? She has already decided that she wants to celebrate her 13th birthday in 2010 at the Grand Floridian. Okay!

when asked last year to write a proper noun for a park, he wrote Disney World; when playing Clue Haunted Mansion he begins the game by intoning “Welcome Foolish Mortals.”

It started off as a preferred room at Caribbean Beach Resort, but I was lusting after Animal Kingdom Lodge. But wait! Check out the ticker!

UP NEXT: How did I go from Caribbean Beach or Animal Kingdom Lodge to Wilderness Lodge – a resort I have never even set foot in???

Those children have been well-trained.

In Jeopardy fashion...
the answer to your question...
is it..
"What is looking at pictures on the Disboards?"

I'm in!!!! :goodvibes

Oooo...you did switch. You know I love Wilderness Lodge! I think you'll all be very happy there.

I'm so glad you are here! :goodvibes

And you're first! :banana:

I did switch -- my next update will be all about how we ended up deciding on WL! I am super, super, super excited to stay there!

Those children have been well-trained.

In Jeopardy fashion...
the answer to your question...
is it..
"What is looking at pictures on the Disboards?"

MeMom, you came!!! :hug:

My children have definitely been well-trained when it comes to matters of Disney! :rotfl:

The DIS boards and all the lovely photos of WL certainly did play a huge part in our decision! ;)

I'm here!!! Yippee for a new PTR from the CP clan!! :cool1: Wilderness Lodge... AWESOME! My best friend just stayed there a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. It is totally on my radar screen now. I need to stay there and soon!!!!

You are raising those kids right! Proper Disney addicts they are!! :thumbsup2

And Charles... we'll pull him out of the closet yet! ;)

CP, I look up to you. Why? Because you have sucessfully brainwashed your children into Disney Lovers. Will you give me lessons? I would like my future children to be brainwashed too. :rolleyes1

Wilderness Lodge? Really? Hmmm. ;)

As much as I enjoyed your resort changes during your PTR, I am hoping that you stick with Wilderness Lodge because I really think your family will love it and have a great vacation staying there. :goodvibes

Ohhhh Wilderness Lodge! How awesome!! Can't wait to read more.... popcorn::

Glad you came over!!! :goodvibes We are all looking forward to staying there! Your Halloween trip is almost here! :banana:

I'm here!!! Yippee for a new PTR from the CP clan!! :cool1: Wilderness Lodge... AWESOME! My best friend just stayed there a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. It is totally on my radar screen now. I need to stay there and soon!!!!

Christine!!! Thanks for coming over!

It wasn't even on our radars until several things happened over the past couple of weeks.

You are raising those kids right! Proper Disney addicts they are!! :thumbsup2

And Charles... we'll pull him out of the closet yet! ;)

Thanks! I feel I have done a good job as a parent when I realize that they love Disney World. :rotfl:

Charles is practically out of the Disney closet, I promise -- at this point, I think he says certain things just because he is expected to say them. :rolleyes:

Oh! Also meant to say that I love your PTR title!! :goodvibes

Thank you! It took me forever to decide on one this time.

CP, I look up to you. Why? Because you have sucessfully brainwashed your children into Disney Lovers. Will you give me lessons? I would like my future children to be brainwashed too. :rolleyes1

LL!!! You are here!

:rotfl: Lots of Disney trips and lots of exposure to all things Disney is my secret!

Wilderness Lodge? Really? Hmmm. ;)

Surprised, aren't you? ;)

As much as I enjoyed your resort changes during your PTR, I am hoping that you stick with Wilderness Lodge because I really think your family will love it and have a great vacation staying there. :goodvibes

I really hope I did all my resort dilly-dallying early on -- I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge!!! Or Animal Kingdom Lodge! :laughing: No, really WL is winning hands-down this week!

A day early?!!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!??! OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Thanks for this gift Jackie!!! ;o)

A day early?!!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!??! OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Thanks for this gift Jackie!!! ;o)

And thanks for coming over, Jen! Your excitement and enthusiasm always makes trip planning more fun!

Aww...I got a warm fuzzy. I'm glad to be here! :goodvibes

At least at something! :lmao:

I'm so happy for you! WL is awesome, you will all love it!:thumbsup2

It wouldn't be the same without you!

We hope so! I think never having even laid eyes on it except for a glimpse from the monorail will add to the novelty! It will all be so brand-new to us!

But have you figured out the bag that will match your new resort??? :lmao:

Trixie's here!!! :banana:

Drat! I knew there was going to be a glitch! Now, I need to head over to the VB site and see if there is one that matches. :lmao:

How exciting a new PTR!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about what caused the switch to WL. I'm excited to hear more about it before I stay there next year too!

So excited Jackie to be along for another trip! Yea!!!!!!!!!!! The Wilderness Lodge is so wonderful! I would go back there in a heartbeat... I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed! But why did you give up AKL??? I will be waiting to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter