• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

We watched the live stream and loved it! It must have been amazing to see it in person, although there is no way I could have handled that crowd.

Watched it. Visually stunning but totally broken up, no flow or continuous story to it. Like a bunch of unconnected segments thrown together without smooth transitions and then a half decent attempt to tie it together at the end. No emotion or connection just a visual treat.

Watched it. Visually stunning but totally broken up, no flow or continuous story to it. Like a bunch of unconnected segments thrown together without smooth transitions and then a half decent attempt to tie it together at the end. No emotion or connection just a visual treat.
I commented earlier in this thread or maybe another the lack of narration was lacking.

I have a feeling they reduced the pyro to save money and put that money into the projection system(s). The pyro effects are now second where they once were first for all of us old timers. With the high demand of video everywhere and the "youngers" short attention spans, I have a feeling that was the plan. Again, this is only an evaluation from the live stream only. The reduction of pyro would be great for their corporate citizenship as well as the AQMD would be pleased.

Did you watch the blogger video yet. The Disney feed zoomed in so you missed most of the fireworks. It's 6 minutes longer than Wishes and had pretty constant blasts so I doubt there are less fireworks. The end of the chorus of go the distance alone is the finale you would see at a city run show.

A while back there was talk of making the projections on the castle on the back so people watching the fireworks from behind by the carousel or the Seven Dwarfs could also see the show and fireworks.

Since this show seems to be best viewed from straight on, or from down Main Street a ways, if it was projected all the way around, people could stand in a lot of other places to see it.

Any word as to whether or not that is still in the works? It could certainly take some of the pressure off the Hub in front!

A while back there was talk of making the projections on the castle on the back so people watching the fireworks from behind by the carousel or the Seven Dwarfs could also see the show and fireworks.

Since this show seems to be best viewed from straight on, or from down Main Street a ways, if it was projected all the way around, people could stand in a lot of other places to see it.

Any word as to whether or not that is still in the works? It could certainly take some of the pressure off the Hub in front!
Not an expert but I heard that that was a possibly coming in the future

Just watched disney's webcast. Most of the fireworks are really high and not in the webcast.... It looks kind of boring the way they presented it.

Also looked at what I had end up on the disunplugged fans group and I really hate facebook live :( there has to be something I'm missing or a better app to stream to facebook with.

Now that I had a moment to reflect......

For a long time I've thought Disney was growing more out of touch with the current generations going (and why I think it's time for many classics to be retired and replaced..).

Sitting down with my daughter, this is HER Disney. Everything she connected with and grew up on and things she wanted to rewatch, remembers seeing in theaters with me. It's a celebration of that generations disney and as she put it, their turning point to live happily ever after.... I call it the DVD generation. She doesn't remember disney not being on the shelves to rent and how they really limited released their movies..

It's great to see the place getting updated in a way that means something. Amazing to see frozen wasn't "let it go" and olafs turning point.... I think it's a great addition to the most disney park... Doesn't really overlap anything else available on property...

Bravo..

I can see where you are coming from, but I feel like I saw the transitions. They weren't narrated, but it was different types of Happily Ever Afters...love, adventure, friendship, overcoming adversity, being a hero, etc. so happily ever after means something different to everyone...whatever your happily ever after is, you are the key to achieving it...reach out and find your own happily ever after

For a long time I've thought Disney was growing more out of touch with the current generations going (and why I think it's time for many classics to be retired and replaced..).

Sitting down with my daughter, this is HER Disney. Everything she connected with and grew up on and things she wanted to rewatch, remembers seeing in theaters with me. It's a celebration of that generations disney and as she put it, their turning point to live happily ever after.... I call it the DVD generation. She doesn't remember disney not being on the shelves to rent and how they really limited released their movies..

It's great to see the place getting updated in a way that means something. Amazing to see frozen wasn't "let it go" and olafs turning point.... I think it's a great addition to the most disney park... Doesn't really overlap anything else available on property...

Bravo..

I agree - where Wishes was when you have a wish your dreams come true, which was the messaging of my generation, this was more if you have a dream you have to make it happen...you can't sit back and wait for it to come to you - you have to reach out and take it. Much more the direction of more recent Disney films

I can see where you are coming from, but I feel like I saw the transitions. They weren't narrated, but it was different types of Happily Ever Afters...love, adventure, friendship, overcoming adversity, being a hero, etc. so happily ever after means something different to everyone...whatever your happily ever after is, you are the key to achieving it...reach out and find your own happily ever after

I understood that when I was watching, but it still lacked something for me. Not to be a negative person, I'll still be happy to watch it...but Wishes always got me all emotional and teary-eyed. While this is cool and fun to watch, I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes stuff that kind of tugs at my heartstrings, and for me, this doesn't.

I understood that when I was watching, but it still lacked something for me. Not to be a negative person, I'll still be happy to watch it...but Wishes always got me all emotional and teary-eyed. While this is cool and fun to watch, I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes stuff that kind of tugs at my heartstrings, and for me, this doesn't.

I definitely get that...something about the little girl singing in Wishes, the single light go across the sky, and Jimminy Cricket doing the narration definitely made me tear up every time too!

I definitely get that...something about the little girl singing in Wishes, the single light go across the sky, and Jimminy Cricket doing the narration definitely made me tear up every time too!
There was a subtle tribute to Wishes towards the end where they had the single fireworks cross over the castle.

Bravo..

I agree! As a person who was in this time (I remember Blockbuster and Hollywood video and such) I see what you are saying, this is the Disney I really resonate with. This show made me cry when I watched it today because it really resonates with me and what I grew up with and the character choice was spot on for me. BUT to be fair I cry during literally every Disney show so I mean hold that with a grain of salt. I also must add, THANK YOU DISNEY THAT THE FROZEN SONG WAS NOT LET IT GO.

We watched it live and in person and had a perfect view of it. WE enjoyed it:)

I am SO excited to see it in person in August! I am sure my little cousin is going to love it so much we will see it multiple times (I am totally ok with that too.)

Bravo..
I 100% agree. I'm 47. I grew up on Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Princess Leia. My kids have a LOT more Disney than I did. They will love this. And I love that the films we have shared over the last 12 years are well represented here. Also, there is so so so much emotional connection (Tala's spirit animal, Rapunzel's lanterns, Robin williams reminder, I bawled all the way through it).

Took forever to process and youtube killed the quality but if interested, this is the 360 I got. not the best quality but it is the best 360 version out there..

scroll around and look at the hub when watching, you'll see how the trees join in the look and feel. :)

it was also the perfect spot for 360 if disney didn't put a camera guy blocking part of the lower towers on the right at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter