Goodbye Olly

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of any insider knowledge, I would suggest that someone in Oliver's position is making a little more than a Disney Cast Member, which is to say, not much. It is great experience, but not a job he is going to retire from. I think it is likely that he found an opportunity to advance his career, and he took it. And from the statement Craig read, that sounds like what happened.

+1

While I've been on the Boards for over a decade, I've only been watching the DISUbplugged shows since shortly before Oliver joined the team. As others have said, he brought a lot to an already great team. Best wishes Oliver, you'll be missed.

Thank you so much Oliver for all your insights, your witticisms, your candor and just simply being you! Your Mum was such a delight in the chatterati. She's missed as well. Best wishes to you wherever your journey may take you. Thank you for sharing a part of it with us.
Cheers!

I'm curious how long you've been a listener/viewer.

I think Craig started in late 2012 and Ryno started well after that (maybe late 2014). The show has been on for nearly 11 years so a number of people have come and gone during that time. I don't think there is anyone on the show who, for me, would be a deal breaker that would make me stop listening if they left.

I've been a listener since about 2010-2011 maybe? The show has improved mightily since then. I tried listening to older episodes and I was just bored honestly. While the "team" has always been a group of seemingly nice people, it always felt a little too "old" and bland for me. I like the variety of ages and lifestyles represented now. And these younger people have been much more talented all around, and have reallt added a lot to the shows/videos.

In the absence of any insider knowledge, I would suggest that someone in Oliver's position is making a little more than a Disney Cast Member, which is to say, not much. It is great experience, but not a job he is going to retire from. I think it is likely that he found an opportunity to advance his career, and he took it. And from the statement Craig read, that sounds like what happened.

I suspect they are not being paid their worth at all. I don't blame them for pursuing more lucrative opportunities if that is what they are doing. I just found it odd that JL left one Disney fan site for another. I wouldn't think the money would be all that much different with a lateral move like that. But who knows?

I am absolutely appalled and disappointed by some of the posts in what is meant to be a thread wishing someone well in his new endeavors.

Yes. I will miss Oliver terribly. He is a friend of mine. However, out of respect and courtesy for both him and the company - The DIS/Dreams/WDW Info IS a business, folks - I will not speculate on a public message board. That is bad form and will not be happening here or this thread will be closed.

Career choices and business matters are confidential. Oliver gave his statement saying he was moving on for other opportunities. That is your response as far as why he left. Please do not come here to vilify anyone and create rumors.

Again, this thread is for good luck wishes. If it does not remain to this topic, it will immediately be closed.

Thank you, Oliver for all of your effort and time put into creating awesome videos and reviews! I always enjoyed watching them and your hard work really did show as they were excellent quality! I'll miss seeing them and seeing you on the show!

Good luck in your next position & take care! :)

I only learned today that Oliver has left the Dis Unplugged team. I am devastated! Oliver was highly amusing and came across as warm, genuine and had that clumsy British charm. He was a major asset to the team and will be sorely missed.
I wish Oliver the best of luck in the future and hope he has much success in his next chapter.

Pete you made a fantastic decision when you took on Oliver. I can't wait to see who you bring in to replace Oliver's spark!

It might be my anxiety issues (unrelated) today posting but this thread makes me so sad, turning on each other.
We have lost three great podcasters in less then 18 months now. While I won't speculate and I continue to honor their work and wish them well...it's been so frustrating and a bit of shock comes each time.
The one consistency is each other here on the boards. I want to hug everyone on this thread and thank you for being here for years and years, adding your insights, adding your humor and your friendship. :grouphug:

[/QUOTE="disneyland_is_magic, post: 57182403, member: 584520"
The one consistency is each other here on the boards. I want to hug everyone on this thread and thank you for being here for years and years, adding your insights, adding your humor and your friendship. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I so feel the same, and back atcha!! :hug:

Listen after the whole JL thing I've become too mentally exhausted to care about where they go as long as their healthy that's all that concerns me.

Also fear not! Charles seems like he's a replacement for Oliver! :duck:

Last edited:
I am absolutely appalled and disappointed by some of the posts in what is meant to be a thread wishing someone well in his new endeavors.

Yes. I will miss Oliver terribly. He is a friend of mine. However, out of respect and courtesy for both him and the company - The DIS/Dreams/WDW Info IS a business, folks - I will not speculate on a public message board. That is bad form and will not be happening here or this thread will be closed.

Career choices and business matters are confidential. Oliver gave his statement saying he was moving on for other opportunities. That is your response as far as why he left. Please do not come here to vilify anyone and create rumors.

Again, this thread is for good luck wishes. If it does not remain to this topic, it will immediately be closed.
Hi Guys,

I created this thread to wish Olly good luck and thank him for his hard work whilst he was with The DIS, not to speculate about why he left. As i've said a few pages back, and Nikki has said above, that is private and confidential. If Olly wishes to share his reasons in the future, i'm sure he will. But Pete, nor any of the rest of the team, have any reason to disclose this information.

I too am appalled at some of the comments on this board, and kindly request that the speculation be stopped immediately.

If you wish to keep up with what Olly gets up to in the future, follow him over on Twitter. His Twitter handle is @oliver_troliver.

Nikki can you just lock the thread so the lectures can stop?
The most obvious speculation is out on twitter and not a single person has mentioned it because it would be inappropriate. We are not as awful as you all think.
I tried to change the tone of this thread to one of appreciation for each other but failed.
I will miss Oliver, I tire of the losses, and and I tire of watching decent posters getting reprimanded when we are all upset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter