Good shoes and foot care

Lissete said:
I also love my Mephisto's. I have the Helena style but these are leather. They are very comfy and I walked the entire Vegas strip with them.

I love, love, LOVE my Mephisto sandals! I use them whenever we go to Disneyland, where we don't worry too much about rain in SoCal for most of the year (except this and last month, LOL!). I have these:

Mephisto "Elka" sandals

My DH also wears Mephisto sandals during trips to Disneyland. He's always had trouble with finding shoes and sandals that don't give him trouble. It took some convincing on my part to even get him to try Mephistos at the store because he had issues with the amount they cost, but now he totally swears by them. Our feet don't ache, don't develop blisters or feel tired after a long day and night of walking and standing in line at the DLR.

It's true that Mephistos are a bit on the pricey side, but they last long and are soooo worth every penny! :thumbsup2

For tennis shoes, both DH and I are New Balance fans, and oh yeah...Crocs are cool, too! :)

Wow! What a great board. I have spent the last 3 months looking for shoes to wear on our upcoming trip. I didn't want sandals since it won't be hot and could rain a little. I finally found some Puma trail racers that I LOVE! :cool1:

They are classified on the box as "athleisure" shoes. So I guess they have the cusion of an athletic shoe and the look of a leisure shoe. They are definately the most comfortable and lightweight shoes I have ever owned. And they are dark brown which I love. They are also very breathable. Now I need to find shoes for my dh. He has some Keens, but says they arent comfortable enough for all day wear. Any ideas?

Good luck on your search!

I checked out the Chacos on REI's website, but they look pretty similiar to his Keens. Has anyone tried both? Are the Chaco's built with better support than the Keens? He says his Keen's aren't comfortable enough to wear all day.

My wife and daughters love their Crocs. I just wear my Birks. My wife has bunyuns (sp?) and wide feet and the Crocs are perfect for her. No complaints from her all day walking all over WDW.

I did try the Crocs on. Sure they're a bit odd and ugly. But who are you trying to impress at the park? Mickey? :) They may look big and klutzy, but put a pair on and they're light as a feather. The special materials allow your feet to breath.

But I am a Birk lover :)

5-4-fun said:
I checked out the Chacos on REI's website, but they look pretty similiar to his Keens. Has anyone tried both? Are the Chaco's built with better support than the Keens? He says his Keen's aren't comfortable enough to wear all day.

I have some Keen's too. Those are more "decorative" shoes. ;) The Chacos are "work" shoes and have a really thick, firm footbed with incredible arch support. They are like Birks in that you have to work up to wearing them over a few days if you are not used to that type of arch support.

I own 33 pairs of Birkenstocks, and 7 pairs of Danskos! I take comfortable shoes very seriously! Chacos have the highest arch support I have ever worn.The sole is oldfashioned Vibram, and they are very heavy.Basically it is a cross of a river sandel and a hiking boot!

Snow Brite said:
I have some Keen's too. Those are more "decorative" shoes. ;) The Chacos are "work" shoes and have a really thick, firm footbed with incredible arch support. They are like Birks in that you have to work up to wearing them over a few days if you are not used to that type of arch support.

Interesting! I will have to have my dh try some. Although I don't know if his feet would be used to them by the time we leave on our trip. Hee hee, it's getting close! :woohoo:

Iwent to disneyland october 2004. My feet hurt often when walking alot, because I was pregnant. I bought Merrell sandals for the trip. They were perfect. We went to disneyland again last week and I told my husband I can't go without new Merrell sandals, because I loved them so much I wore them out from the last trip in 2004. They were my feet saver, look into buying them, it is worth it. They go for about $35.00-$65.00 dollars, but to me they are worth every penny. They are light weight, not ugly, come in many colors. I bought the palmetto this time. Good luck fellow feet sufferer. :rotfl2:

So it sounds as if mostly everyone is down on the Crocs, but they are DIVINE! I got them mainly for our trip to DLR last Sept, but have worn them often since--even in the harsh Utah winter! For our 3 days at the parks I had no problems, no need for moleskin, vasoline, or anything else to prevent blisters. They are so light and comfortable. You should AT LEAST try them on. Nordstrom carries the real thing, which I recommend. I have learned that it's not worth saving a few extra bucks when your feet are on the line. Also, there are a few different styles to consider that you can check out on the crocs site. If you really can't stand the way they look just consider, style or comfort?

My Mom has had major problems with her feet, and is now wearing them in China(she & my Dad are there teaching at a University in Beijing) and she says that she can walk farther & longer than she has been able to in a very long time.

One more thing. I promise that I'm not a Crocs employee!! :rotfl:

Good luck in finding what will fit you best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter