Good Place to put Savings?

robind

DIS Veteran
I usually lurk on this area, but I thought you guys might have a good answer to my question.

I'm looking for somewhere to put my savings, about $30K that would be liquid (no more than a 6 month commitment). My house is going on the market and as soon as it's sold I'll be using the savings to buy a piece of property to build a new house, so it can't be something that has alot of penalties for withdrawls.

Right now it's at my credit union w/ .25% intrest.

What about an ING?

Ours is getting a little over 1% right now. Although, when we opened it up, it was closer to 4%. It only takes a few days business days to transfer $ from ING to checking and vice versa.

There is no commitment or penalty for withdrawal that I'm aware of.

You might be able to find a 6 month CD at a bank with a higher rate, but you are committed and stuck to not touching the $ for those 6 months.

Money market or 6 mo CD, most aren't paying a lot right now. If you could get 1% you're lucky.

I would got with a 6 month CD you can get it out before but will pay penelties but if you leave it in the full 6 months it will make you the most interest.

I would got with a 6 month CD you can get it out before but will pay penelties but if you leave it in the full 6 months it will make you the most interest.

dollarsavingsdirect.com is at 1.2% and Emigrantdirect.com is at 1%. I have accounts at both. Like a PP, I remember when the interest was much higher...but something's better than nothing!

Southern Bank pays 5.01% on their checking accounts (up to $25,000) with a few conditons: at least one electronic payment a month and 12 debit card purchases a month. Their website is www.bankwithsouthern.com .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter