Good Photography website needed

Andrew Bichard

DIS Veteran
I have questions I want to ask, that are not Disney specific.

Can anyone recomend a good message board where I can ask questions about varios aspects of digital photography.

Up to fifteen years ago, I was quite keen on photography, and even had my own darkroom., plus Canon T90 and several lenses to go with it.

Then I moved and didn't have space to set one up so I had to rely on regular prints from my local phot shop down the road. I also became less able physically and could no longer lift the T90 up to my eye.

Now, technology has moved on, and my computer is now my darkroom.
My computer has has a high end iiyama prolite color monitor. I have photoshop elements and a Pixma ip8500 photo printer.

I need advice on calibrating the monitor (do I need to bother?)

I need advice on a new digital SLR or SLR equivalent.

A good LCD viewfinder that swivels so I can hold the camera at waist level is important as is a good zoom range. (Most digital SLRs have to be held up to your eye to compose shots, and I can't do this).

It must have a good zoom range, particularly at the wide end. I am an architect, and a lot of my photos are interiors of rooms.

The Sony DSC-R1 with the optional wide conversion supplementary lens seems the closest fit to my needs. Has anyone experience of this camera?

Andrew

I find that Dpreview is probably the best source for digital photography information on the internet. The forums there are very popular and people are very helpful there. here is a link http://www.dpreview.com/

I agree. DPR has a great forum for any aspect of photography or any brand camera.

E.

I use dcresource.com they have great reviews and a good set of forums. For the reviews they always take the same pictures with each camera so you can compare. dcresource.com

Shootsmarter.com, This will get you up and running in no time. It will have all the answers that you have just asked about.
Good luck
Dave

I'd also recommend Luminous Landscapes' "Understanding" series: Link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter