Golfing with kids at HH

ajcarch

Earning My Ears
We have our very first HH trip scheduled for the end of June. My sons are 11 and 8 and have been playing golf about one year. I know there is great concentration of championship courses in HH. I'm wondering if anyone has been to one that is appropriate for kids or beginners?
Thanks!

The resort can help you with an apporpriate course and will even reserve your tee time. They will provide a list at check in with all the needed information.

HH has an abundance of courses, so I know there will something suited to your likes. Enjoy!

My son has played golf several times with my husband at HH. I know Country Club of Hilton Head offers Junior rates. Also Port Royal(three course) offers juniors playing free with adult after five. It is only offered certain times of the year(not Easter Break!). I have played several courses and am not a great golfer. There are so many to choose from. Definitey pick up a Golfers Guide book that are located in stands all over the island, they give course ratings, fees, etc.
Have fun.
Tammy

There is an Executive 9 hole course next to Hilton Head National. It's very user friendly with lots of family play. It's off the Island, about 5 minutes once you get over the bridge. If you pick up an Island Golfing magazine (available everywhere) they usually have discount coupons.

Last year, the Town of Hilton Head was offering junior golf clinics at a very reasonable cost in Palmetto Dunes (right across the street from DVC). Call one of the Palmetto Dunes courses to see if they are doing it this year. This is not widely known, and your children might really enjoy it.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest