golf cart parking/bus question

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
I've read that there is golf cart parking by the marina when taking the ferry to the Contemporary or MK...

but can we park the golf cart when we plan to take the bus? Should we just skip the internal bus system and go straight to the front and park there? We have more people than spots on the golf cart so it'll take a couple of trips.

Also, how's the bus system to and from Fort Wilderness? I've heard some horror stories about the bus system to and from other resorts. We do not want to get stuck waiting a long time coming back with small children.

I've read that there is golf cart parking by the marina when taking the ferry to the Contemporary or MK...

but can we park the golf cart when we plan to take the bus? Should we just skip the internal bus system and go straight to the front and park there? We have more people than spots on the golf cart so it'll take a couple of trips.

Also, how's the bus system to and from Fort Wilderness? I've heard some horror stories about the bus system to and from other resorts. We do not want to get stuck waiting a long time coming back with small children.

There is a golf cart parking area right by the bus stop. We had one long wait getting back from Hollywood studios last November. We left at closing and had to hike to find the right spot to wait for the bus and then it took forever for a bus to come. Disney springs always seems like a hassle to get to and from there for any resort. We always leave plenty of time if we have to be somewhere. We've not had many reasons to complain on our trips at the fort.

No parking at the internal bus stops like Denise said. When we have a golf cart we never use the internal buses. We just drive the cart to wherever. There is parking at all the major areas including the Marina, Pioneer Hall / Trail's End, pool, Meadows, and main bus stop at the front of the Fort where you travel to the other parks.

If you have a car I would take the car to the park or Disney Springs if waiting for bus is a concern. There is golf cart parking near marina and main bus stop but it fills up so go early. Also some people use a bike stroller that converts to a four wheeled stroller and disconnect their bikes and take the stroller in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!