golf cart @FW??

Lydiasmom

Earning My Ears
We are planning on going to Disney October 2013. We will be camping at FW for 9 days. Is it worth renting a golf cart. We will have a vehicle also. Is there room on a lot for both?? Are there places to park if we drove to the pool??

I agree the carts are fun. If you are going to be in the parks all day, I am not sure I would recommend one. When we go to FW we spend the majority of time at FW. Perhaps you don't need one for the entire stay, but just select days?

There's no place to park at the pool or by the boat launch, etc. They discourage driving around, hence the rentals and FW bus system.

We are planning on going to Disney October 2013. We will be camping at FW for 9 days. Is it worth renting a golf cart. We will have a vehicle also. Is there room on a lot for both?? Are there places to park if we drove to the pool??

In all the years we've gone to FW we have never rented a cart or wanted one. We go to the parks or DTD or resorts every day, so would never use it anyway - would just be a nuisance to us, plus they are an expense we do not need. There should be room on most sites for your RV, car, and cart, but depends on site type, and size of your RV how well it would fit.

The bus system works great - we've encountered very few glitches, especially the internal ones.

We will be there to in oct for 9 days in a preferred site. No car but we will have a cart. I can't wait!

We bring our own but before that we had never rented one and made it around just fine on bike and bus. It is fun to go looping and to be able to load up the kids and the stroller and head to the marina to go to the park. Coming back late at night it is nice to just have the cart there waiting for you. It is a bit pricey so maybe something you just want to do for a couple of the days.

I've stayed many times there and YES take a day to roam around the campground and rent one. SOOOO much fun . You can drive it to the pool go back to the cabin/rv/tent drive it to the store drive it to the movie with Chip N Dale. Just a great time. Yes it is a wasted expense if you go to the parks everyday but you'll kick yourself if you don't spend a day relaxing in the campground.

We rented for a day on one trip. Next trip we rented for a week. Next trip we owned our own cart. We always take it to the Fort and use it every day. Of course we always reserve some down time for Fort activities and relaxation.

We get around just fine and prefer our bikes.

I've stayed many times there and YES take a day to roam around the campground and rent one. SOOOO much fun . You can drive it to the pool go back to the cabin/rv/tent drive it to the store drive it to the movie with Chip N Dale. Just a great time. Yes it is a wasted expense if you go to the parks everyday but you'll kick yourself if you don't spend a day relaxing in the campground.

We have camped at FW since '72, and funny we have never *kicked* ourselves for not spending a day *relaxing* at the campground!

Everyone has different ideas of what their vacation should be, but as nice as FW is we've never chosen to spend a day there, versus going to the parks, DTD, or other resorts, etc.

When our children were small, we did take partial evenings to go to the campfire movies, but they weren't as disorganized and boisterous then, as now.

We just don't go that far to sit around, go to the pool, etc. when we can do all that without leaving our area. We go to be at the Disney Parks mostly.
As I said, no problem, those enjoying just staying at FW (there are some that say they never go in the parks) but that's definitely not for everyone and we have no regrets.

A lot of our enjoyment is eating at different restaurants (pricey, I know) and that's what we will do until we can't, then we won't;). I am on vacation too, and I refuse to cook LOL

Again, to each their own, the OP and everyone, just enjoy at your speed :woohoo:

We have camped at FW since '72, and funny we have never *kicked* ourselves for not spending a day *relaxing* at the campground!

Everyone has different ideas of what their vacation should be, but as nice as FW is we've never chosen to spend a day there, versus going to the parks, DTD, or other resorts, etc.

When our children were small, we did take partial evenings to go to the campfire movies, but they weren't as disorganized and boisterous then, as now.

We just don't go that far to sit around, go to the pool, etc. when we can do all that without leaving our area. We go to be at the Disney Parks mostly.
As I said, no problem, those enjoying just staying at FW (there are some that say they never go in the parks) but that's definitely not for everyone and we have no regrets.

A lot of our enjoyment is eating at different restaurants (pricey, I know) and that's what we will do until we can't, then we won't;). I am on vacation too, and I refuse to cook LOL

Again, to each their own, the OP and everyone, just enjoy at your speed :woohoo:

Yes to each his own but my suggestion is to spend a day in the campgrounds. You never know until you try. Bikes are fun also to get around and less expensive. We still go for the movie and campfire even if we aren't staying at that resort! If you limit yourselves to just the parks (and they are wonderful) you will be missing a lot more that the WDW resort has to offer all over its 43 sq miles

We like riding our bike around FW and seeing other campers and getting ideas to make our camping more fun or easier. We are AP holders but don't feel the need to be at the parks every day. We get more than our money worth out of our passes in a year. Also you meet some great people and CM.

You asked for our opinions so I will give you mine.

Of all our trips to the Fort I have gotten a golf cart once because we had some senior citizens in our group.

For me, I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. We bring bikes and also walk at the Fort. The longest distance walk is only about 20 minutes at the furthest (beach to check-in area).

Campsites and cabin parking spots do have space for a vehicle and cart.

Pool parking for carts are behind the Bike Barn (about a 20 yard walk from the pool).

Hey, it's only money! :dance3:

Bama ED

You asked for our opinions so I will give you mine.

Of all our trips to the Fort I have gotten a golf cart once because we had some senior citizens in our group.

For me, I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. We bring bikes and also walk at the Fort. The longest distance walk is only about 20 minutes at the furthest (beach to check-in area).

Campsites and cabin parking spots do have space for a vehicle and cart.

Pool parking for carts are behind the Bike Barn (about a 20 yard walk from the pool).

Hey, it's only money! :dance3:

Bama ED

We thoroughly enjoy walking at FW and taking time to *smell the roses*. Especially in the morning hours, it's so nice to walk the paths.

We both have bicycles, ride them at home, and take them to the Smoky Mtns. especially, but do not bring them to Disney because we don't take the time to leisurely ride them. There's too many other things that we go that distance for, that we can only do there.

I do see some families riding bikes, and that's great, and for anyone else that likes to get around in different ways there. Everyone has their own ways of relaxing and enjoying WDW. That's the beauty of it. :goodvibes

If you have small children I would say yes. I personally have a DS 6 and DS 17 months and its a pretty good walk to all the various activities pushing a stroller or carrying a child, and bicycles are out of the question (unless you have a tot carrier/trailer). Not to mention having the mobility to get around quickly and easily to see ALL the wonderful decorations that time of year.

But, like everyone has mentioned, to each his/her own. Don't fret over it, you will have a "MAGICAL" time either way!!!!!

After reading that whole Buses thread on the other board, I made reservations for two 4-seaters for Feb when we are in the cabins.

There's 10 of us - 3 little ones (2 yo, 4 yo & 5 yo).

After reading that whole Buses thread on the other board, I made reservations for two 4-seaters for Feb when we are in the cabins.

There's 10 of us - 3 little ones (2 yo, 4 yo & 5 yo).

IMO nice choice:thumbsup2 You won't regret it especially with the little ones. Still remeber when my girls were about 6 and 8 and went out to "sit" on the golf cart parked at our cabin. A few minutes later I heard this small crash and I found out they took the key out to play also and rolled the cart in to the Cabin.No real damage and the looks on their faces when I went out there was certainly something I'll never forget (they don't either) Enjoy your trip . Make lots of memories!

I will be leaving for the Fort day after tomorrow and will be there for the week of Thanksgiving.

For the first time I'm going to rent a cart. Have never done it before, but on my last trip, got tired of waiting on buses especially late at night when returning from parks after extended hours.

I'm renting for the whole week and really don't know if it's going to be worth the expense, but there's one way to find out!

I'll report back later and let you know my impressions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!