Golf Cart Cost?

sjedelen67

Mouseketeer
Was wondering how much golf carts rent for at Fort Wilderness. We are going down in march. Thanks.

They are either $52 or $54 per day plus tax.

Found this post....... Our 7 night rental will be $402.57 including the tax for 1 cart

I just called and rented a cart for a week (7 nights) in March and the cost came to $402.57 including the tax.

I was told they are no longer offering the 10% discount if you are renting for a week.

Hey, we rented a cart last week for 2 days and the bill with tax was $115 and change, a real luxury for us, but enjoyed looping.
Good carting to you. :banana:

The "break even" point for offsite rental is somewhere between 10-14 days. Anything shorter than that then onsite is less expensive.

Yup - I'd say about 10 days with the most recent Disney price increases. The company we rented off-site from earlier this month charged us $500 incl. a windshield (extra $30) and delivery. That was the rate for an entire MONTH ( we were there for almost 3 weeks).

They were great to work with - only downside I could see for some folks is that they deliver/pickup Mon-Fri. I think they will deliver on a weekend for an extra charge - but not 100% sure about that.

Was wondering .... do people "bend" the rules a little & let there pets ride along? Or is Disney quite strict on this ?? :confused3 :confused3

We have already decided to cancel our cart reservation. We really only use it when going to the MK and to drive around after dinner. We use our car when going to other parks or resorts.

We'll use the internal buses if necessary or we'll look for inexpensive bikes to buy and then just leave behind. It has to be cheaper than renting a cart for a week.

I don't mind paying for a rental - but over $400 is just plain 'ole ridiculous.

Was wondering .... do people "bend" the rules a little & let there pets ride along? Or is Disney quite strict on this ?? :confused3 :confused3

Actually since the dog park opened Disney does now allow leashed pets on golf carts. You're just not allowed to have them in the pool/trading posts/marina areas - and there are signs that say "no pets past this point".

Our dog LOVED riding to the dog park each morning in the cart.

We have our own golf cart and yes the pups ride with us always on a leash. We like to loop the 1600 thru 1900 pet loop areas, and check out all the pet walk areas.

I just heard back from one of the rental companies - $315 + tax for a week including delivery.

They do not deliver on weekends, so they're not an option for us.

We spent 10 days at the Fort in early December and although the golf cart was pricey we felt it was worth it. My three grandchildren were 6, 3 and 18 months, and at that age negotiating the FW buses can be kind of stressful. From MK especially, it's quite a hike with three tired little ones from the boat dock to the bus, and then you have to walk half way around the loop back to the cabin. The cart just made it so much easier to get around with them.

We also had a lot of fun checking out all the Christmas decorations.

Teresa

I figured as much, but it does point out how expensive it is to rent a golf cart when you can rent an enclosed golf cart, er, Kia for less.:scared1:

When you consider how much 4 bike rentals are at the Fort, makes the GC rental look cheap. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter