Golden Oak... my fantasy!!

I almost signed on a home in Golden Oak a few months ago. The HOA is not horrible, if I recall it was only $1,400 a year for Kimball Trace, and up to $2,000 for the more executive homes. The $1.5M price tag would get you a "basic" home at around 3,000 SF with a zero lot line, if you want something nicer, the $1.5M would cover only the cost of the lot. I had a friend that was able to purchase and build for around $600,000, but those days have passed and were on to the $1.9-$2.5 range as the development process picks up speed. They are nice, but I wouldn't spend $1.5 on it. Go literally another 1/2 mile behind MK and get the same thing for around $550-$600K.

GOLDEN OAKS IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!! A few months ago, I was on the website daily!!!! I fell in love with the $3.5 million Tuscan Sun house(there was a virtual tour of it... It is my dream home). I am so happy that a thread has come up for this!!!!!!!!!!!! So I did a tour of Golden Oaks back in April... I already knew everything that our guide was telling us because of being on the website so frequently!!! I got to tour "my" house, but no one else in my family was too impressed with it:( They like the Kimball Trace houses(which are a lot less moneywise). The one thing that bothered me with the Tuscan Sun house was that the shower in the guest bedroom was in the middle of the room surrounded by glass walls... It was like you were display or something). But this being said, all of you are NOT allowed to buy my Tuscan Sun house!!! I need to win the lottery!!!
I also received all of the floor plans from my guide and I literally spent like 18 hours streaming through them all!!! I have spent way too much time obsessing over Golden Oaks!!! I am going to live there one day, I just have to have some luck:)

DH and I are going down in December to tour Golden Oak. We are going to make an appt prior to our arrival but I am curious...what kind of vibe is it? Can you get a feel for what it is like or is it in the very beginning stages of being built? Would you be able to be relaxed and quiet there or will you feel the effects of WDW traffic and noise? Do you feel it is worth the extra $$ to be within the gates of Golden Oak vs. going 1/2 mile down the road and getting something for 550-660K, as one poster commented? Thanks so much for all of your opinions!
Rebecca

bearsgirl said:
DH and I are going down in December to tour Golden Oak. We are going to make an appt prior to our arrival but I am curious...what kind of vibe is it? Can you get a feel for what it is like or is it in the very beginning stages of being built? Would you be able to be relaxed and quiet there or will you feel the effects of WDW traffic and noise? Do you feel it is worth the extra $$ to be within the gates of Golden Oak vs. going 1/2 mile down the road and getting something for 550-660K, as one poster commented? Thanks so much for all of your opinions!
Rebecca

So I went to Golden Oak in April and most things were still being built(I think the clubhouse is now open... It wasnt done when I went). I think the area is very relaxed and quiet(you can't come in at all without some kind of pass or something) but they are building the Four Seasons resort like down the road from the town, but you have to cut through the town to get to the resort which bothers me a lot... Please post all about your tour when you get back!!! I can't wait to learn more about my home!!!!

I WILL own a house there eventually. Might take me 50 years (maybe more) to have enough money for it....but I WILL DO IT!!!!

On the real estate site I visited listed the HOA's for Kimbel Trace at $599 a month, and the other areas $404 a month.

I too loved the Tuscan Sun and was heartbroken when someone purchased it before I won the lottery.

Do you think they will take my 1200 sqft house in NC as a straight up trade?

It seems like from the website that these are meant to be vacation homes (2nd homes). Is that what y'all got from it (or from a tour)? :confused3

All I know is that they can't be rented out as vacation rentals. I believe they can be your regular home or vacation homes. If I could afford one I would absolutely live there!

I would like one of these as my winter home. I wish I'd win the lottery! I guess you have to play the lottery to win it though...

LOL! My DS and I always joke about Golden Oak. He tells me "Mom, when I grow up and make a billion dollars, I will buy you a home at Golden Oak!" :)

Whenever my DH plays the lottery (he only plays the huge power ball ones) he always says that if we win, we are going to sell our house and move to Golden Oaks :cool1:. I just wish he would hurry up and win soon because I would love to move down there before the winter months roll in :rotfl:.

Posted pics of a couple homes i saw while playing golf. Huge but no room between neighbors.

Does it seem crowded or peaceful? Are people actually moved in yet?
Does it seem overpriced compared to other houses in the area or overpriced for the quality?
So many questions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!