Golden Oak... my fantasy!!

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen a thread about this, yet, and I'm not sure whether this is the forum for it.

We got a flyer in the mail a couple of days ago...now I just need to find a couple of million dollars to buy the "castle I always wanted"!! :rolleyes:

Can you scan and post it? Might be fun reading. (Note that it has to be scanned as a photo.)

OMG!!! I'm right there with you! Even the Spanish style of some of the homes- everything I've ever dreamed of! Now if i could just win the lottery!

I was playing around last week and somehow clicked through to Golden Oaks, I shared my info with DH who just kind laughed at me....my sister said it sounds like a cemetery name...my best friends wanted to split the costs and run away from home ( they all have small kids)....and my brother in law was showing me how I might be able to afford it for retirement if I bought now, sublet it weekly ( he always has a scheme, lol)...I just figured really I wouldn't be happy there considering the neighborhood is infested with mice, ducks and other questionable characters.

I was playing around last week and somehow clicked through to Golden Oaks, I shared my info with DH who just kind laughed at me....my sister said it sounds like a cemetery name...my best friends wanted to split the costs and run away from home ( they all have small kids)....and my brother in law was showing me how I might be able to afford it for retirement if I bought now, sublet it weekly ( he always has a scheme, lol)...I just figured really I wouldn't be happy there considering the neighborhood is infested with mice, ducks and other questionable characters.

:rotfl: Good point! I'll have to keep reminding myself of that!

Unfortunately its set up so that you cant sublet. They have plans in place to keep it exclusive to purchasers. I like that as it keeps "rif-raf" out. Not to say it will let them in but i think it shouldbe for who can afford with all that you get with it.

Got a plan. The wife and I each have refillable mugs and sun glasses. We are going to stand by the main gate toll plaza and help collect parking fees.

Starting at 1.5 Million?

*heart attack*

*dies*

Wait!!! Before you die, will you please open a life insurance policy with me as a benefactor for...let's say $1.5 million? I'll find a great spot for you on my Portfolio Home, Andalusia fire place mantel! Thanks!

One might expect that the deed restrictions would be significant. Perhaps to the point that it might not feel like you were really the owner? Where are the prices found?

One might expect that the deed restrictions would be significant. Perhaps to the point that it might not feel like you were really the owner? Where are the prices found?

The flyer that I got in the mail said "starting at 1.5 million". Not sure if it says anything on the website.

My DH and I tried to go in just to look once and we couldn't even get past security (understandable). But I would love to just take a peek into one of those houses. Living there, not so much. It's probably a lot of work to keep up with and I'm sure the HOA fees would be outrageous! But the homes are lovely.

If you can afford to buy in you can afford HOA. But everything is included along with free shuttles to park gates, free entrance plus 3 per household resident. Maintenance willbe taken care of by disney. Not bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!