Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobility-scooter-cooling-fan_110x110@2x.JPG

Pull a lever forward on the right side and pull a lever reverse on the left side.

Thanks so much for this thread. I’ve had relatively good service from Best Price Mobility in the past and had been considering Walker for range and water resistance for my Feb trip, but reading through this thread has persuaded me to try Gold. My only hesitation is that so much is done through text and I’m coming from the UK with a UK mobile. I can call and text to US numbers no problem but it would cost them a fair bit to call or text my mobile number. Has anyone on here from another country used them? I will dedinitely ask them when I call what their solution is. Perhaps Facebook, or WhatsApp (though I’ve been avoiding adding WhatsApp to my phone).

Thanks again :)

Thanks so much for this thread. I’ve had relatively good service from Best Price Mobility in the past and had been considering Walker for range and water resistance for my Feb trip, but reading through this thread has persuaded me to try Gold. My only hesitation is that so much is done through text and I’m coming from the UK with a UK mobile. I can call and text to US numbers no problem but it would cost them a fair bit to call or text my mobile number. Has anyone on here from another country used them? I will dedinitely ask them when I call what their solution is. Perhaps Facebook, or WhatsApp (though I’ve been avoiding adding WhatsApp to my phone).

Thanks again :)
They do have a Facebook page. I’ve messaged them a few t8mes and they are always quick to,respond.

I loved their scooters. It was rainy when I was there a few days and never had an issue. And they even provide free ponchos and covers for the tiller. Extras even. Lol.

They do have a Facebook page. I’ve messaged them a few t8mes and they are always quick to,respond.

I loved their scooters. It was rainy when I was there a few days and never had an issue. And they even provide free ponchos and covers for the tiller. Extras even. Lol.
Thanks. After the reviews here and on TripAdvisor I decided to just ring them and book. It was literally the most pleasant stress free booking experience ever.

For anyone else from the UK using their UK mobile (we can call and text US numbers while in the US on our plan) Nick said they text international mobiles all the time so that’s not a problem.

I’m so much less stressed about what could go wrong having booked with Gold. I had issues last time (two scooters failed on day 2) and while the company dealt with it well, we lost about 4 hours park time due to it. I’m much more confident with these being rotated out so none are over 6 months.

They seem to have a fantastic business model that’s working well for them and their customers. I’ll find out for sure in Feb :)

Thanks. After the reviews here and on TripAdvisor I decided to just ring them and book. It was literally the most pleasant stress free booking experience ever.

For anyone else from the UK using their UK mobile (we can call and text US numbers while in the US on our plan) Nick said they text international mobiles all the time so that’s not a problem.

I’m so much less stressed about what could go wrong having booked with Gold. I had issues last time (two scooters failed on day 2) and while the company dealt with it well, we lost about 4 hours park time due to it. I’m much more confident with these being rotated out so none are over 6 months.

They seem to have a fantastic business model that’s working well for them and their customers. I’ll find out for sure in Feb :)
I hope that you love them as much as I did. They are truly the only company I'll rent from in the future. My last trip in 2017, I had major issues with the ECV I had rented. Then when it was time for the return, they were over an hour late coming to get it. I had a flight to catch and was afraid that I was going to be late for it. 2018 I rented from Gold and they were there right on time and there were no issues. I was very happy.

Thanks to this thread I rented a portable ECV from Gold Mobility for 10 days - and they were awesome! It was a newer scooter and I got the free back basket ( along with the front basket). The scooter worked great and kept a charge as needed. They also included the rain poncho and shower caps. The driver texted me as to his arrival and kept me informed of a delay. I have used both best price and buena vista in the past without complaint - but using Gold mobility saved me about $100 over the 10 day period. If I need a scooter (hopefully not, that's why I had the knee replacement :)) I would definitely use them again.....

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I rented a portable ECV from Gold Mobility for 10 days over Christmas week - and they were awesome! It was a newer scooter and I got the free back basket ( along with the front basket). The scooter worked great and kept a charge as needed. They also included the rain poncho and shower caps. I had them drop off at Universal studios and pick up at AKL Jambo. Both times the driver texted me as to his arrival and kept me informed of a delay. I have used both best price and buena vista in the past without complaint - but using Gold mobility saved me about $100 over the 10 day period. If I need a scooter (hopefully not, that's why I had the knee replacement :)) I would definitely use them again.....
Thanks to this thread I rented a portable ECV from Gold Mobility for 10 days over Christmas week - and they were awesome! It was a newer scooter and I got the free back basket ( along with the front basket). The scooter worked great and kept a charge as needed. They also included the rain poncho and shower caps. I had them drop off at Universal studios and pick up at AKL Jambo. Both times the driver texted me as to his arrival and kept me informed of a delay. I have used both best price and buena vista in the past without complaint - but using Gold mobility saved me about $100 over the 10 day period. If I need a scooter (hopefully not, that's why I had the knee replacement :)) I would definitely use them again.....
Did you have any trouble using the buses with the rear basket attached?

Last edited:

did you find the rear b

I also rented with the rear basket, and I never found any extra trouble with the rear basket, on buses or anywhere. But I DID find that the rear basket was very convenient to have.

I didn't take any busses (portable ecv) - because I hate waiting for busses......However, it fit in all the elevators just fine with the rear and front baskets....

I didn't take any busses (portable ecv) - because I hate waiting for busses......However, it fit in all the elevators just fine with the rear and front baskets....
Do you have any photos showing the rear basket by chance? I may just call Gold and ask them for a photo. And if I find it doesn't work I can remove it and leave it in the room. A simple solution.

Thanks to this thread I rented a portable ECV from Gold Mobility for 10 days - and they were awesome! It was a newer scooter and I got the free back basket ( along with the front basket). The scooter worked great and kept a charge as needed. They also included the rain poncho and shower caps. The driver texted me as to his arrival and kept me informed of a delay. I have used both best price and buena vista in the past without complaint - but using Gold mobility saved me about $100 over the 10 day period. If I need a scooter (hopefully not, that's why I had the knee replacement :)) I would definitely use them again.....
We are in full agreement. We just reserved again for our second time with Gold Mobility today for the Flower and Garden show at Epcot this time in March. They are so wonderful. We hope to have the same great new ECV's and great service again!

Do you have any photos showing the rear basket by chance? I may just call Gold and ask them for a photo. And if I find it doesn't work I can remove it and leave it in the room. A simple solution.

Hi, justrading. They posted one just for you after I asked about a photo. Most of the mobility scooters have a car-type hitch on the back of the seat to slide and lock onto.

49864657_769217720113244_5292698858969628672_n.jpg

I found them to be extremely un-helpful. My wife is short & heavy. She needs a certain amount of room between the seat & handlebar. I sent them a message on their site regarding this but they have not responded in over 4 days. Not very nice!

I found them to be extremely un-helpful. My wife is short & heavy. She needs a certain amount of room between the seat & handlebar. I sent them a message on their site regarding this but they have not responded in over 4 days. Not very nice!

Which mobility scooter did you want to rent? These scooters are basically one size fit all. Most can have the seat raised or lowered by one-inch increments. Very few have the ability to move the seat backward and forward although the last mobility scooter that I bought had this feature. Also, most mobility scooters have the ability to adjust the tiller and adjust it closer or further away. This feature doesn't work as a seat, but more as a swivel in an arch motion from the bottom of the tiller.

I have never rented from them before since I own my own wheelchair now, but they responded within 1-2 days on their Facebook website when I was looking for a photo of a rear basket for one of their mobility scooters.

Why don't you try again and I hope that you find a mobility scooter that you can use for her?

Also, don't forget to check your junk email for a response.

Check your spam folder, I had that happen with other companies and I was wondering why they hadn't responded, turned out they had, it was just in spam.

Also, you can try just calling them, honestly in your situation it would be easier than trying to do it by email.

I have never rented from them before since I own my own wheelchair now, but they responded within 1-2 days on their Facebook website when I was looking for a photo of a rear basket for one of their mobility scooters.

Likewise, each time I have sent them a PM on Facebook I have gotten a response within 24 hours.

SW

In addition to the suggestions others have made, it is also possible they experienced a glitch with their online form. Or, they haven't gotten back to you yet.

Here are some other ways to contact them:

They have a FB page and Twitter account, which are linked from their website at ********************************/

According to FB, they usually reply to FB messages within 24 hours.

According to their FB "About Us" page, they have an email address: service@*********************com

Per their website, they have a phone number: (407) 414-0287

Good luck finding the info you need.

Perhaps if you ask your questions in these forums someone may be able to answer it ? The models they use are standard models, even if fancied up.

SW

Which mobility scooter did you want to rent? These scooters are basically one size fit all. Most can have the seat raised or lowered by one-inch increments. Very few have the ability to move the seat backward and forward although the last mobility scooter that I bought had this feature. Also, most mobility scooters have the ability to adjust the tiller and adjust it closer or further away. This feature doesn't work as a seat, but more as a swivel in an arch motion from the bottom of the tiller.

Thanks for posting this about adjusting the tiller.

I found the information in the Victory 10 user guide for how to adjust the tiller angle :-)

https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/us_scooter/us_victory_10_om.pdf page 32

You can call them. That’s what I did an they were able to help me right away. Ask to speak with Nick. He’s very helpful.

Thanks for posting this about adjusting the tiller.

I found the information in the Victory 10 user guide for how to adjust the tiller angle :-)

https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/us_scooter/us_victory_10_om.pdf page 32

cBoQWb5qHPZU0Co-mvtySxUgI_sluTxThnWfqq3jgt2h7Cfffgxi377pARnZneVfzPiY4Md07xVQ0gDrrLcNEvlrngeuQZS_7ywVwe5VwmnHzGEa9xV4qk7ck9FmYXOwTlYAXQAzVeBgC7jkojdSrjyeeXM8bm1uFrT_7hJ0J6Vou-xEuVifMaqSe3KJ95wp5bplXeEgWxccZnlV5otH6wj7WF8uuWVQfQeBHMz1xASFOkeO14B1toCYS5L2AOT6h8F6_RtpZwoN4rdszXguEzlcf02J66liZNZTLdw1Cb8NTMrejMaHmligVnYVD5oGsQL3TSWiOks_WXIuV6OArf_qXMxnYYnagbME9JCdSyOa2jeWe1lcvVGSoLCAL_sB8iH81pOOMo_qAjtNQEorfB_EbgJBGXzvH5hwjckIW_eRIQZAQB-Nt4rvoPvlS8gLT_DPgAVa44NVIaqAaFn0Ef4X-kxLy9KGykGkcNdP9Z6kD6Qomn5HUJN32ffV8SkhUTSGMWLs2YqzxYTQMA2ZoC-mwwwu-m8K1waWO4m9m_DQTT_bjgi4LfBGDuKYR7NkELOomcDtjvDvUQ1TPO2Yt3EMeEVulPZC0hJxpunje3xGqVcHzFEoWb8Fu08OsgplQqi2zWKPTI4JF_-zrlKQAGdS=w437-h320-no

cBoQWb5qHPZU0Co-mvtySxUgI_sluTxThnWfqq3jgt2h7Cfffgxi377pARnZneVfzPiY4Md07xVQ0gDrrLcNEvlrngeuQZS_7ywVwe5VwmnHzGEa9xV4qk7ck9FmYXOwTlYAXQAzVeBgC7jkojdSrjyeeXM8bm1uFrT_7hJ0J6Vou-xEuVifMaqSe3KJ95wp5bplXeEgWxccZnlV5otH6wj7WF8uuWVQfQeBHMz1xASFOkeO14B1toCYS5L2AOT6h8F6_RtpZwoN4rdszXguEzlcf02J66liZNZTLdw1Cb8NTMrejMaHmligVnYVD5oGsQL3TSWiOks_WXIuV6OArf_qXMxnYYnagbME9JCdSyOa2jeWe1lcvVGSoLCAL_sB8iH81pOOMo_qAjtNQEorfB_EbgJBGXzvH5hwjckIW_eRIQZAQB-Nt4rvoPvlS8gLT_DPgAVa44NVIaqAaFn0Ef4X-kxLy9KGykGkcNdP9Z6kD6Qomn5HUJN32ffV8SkhUTSGMWLs2YqzxYTQMA2ZoC-mwwwu-m8K1waWO4m9m_DQTT_bjgi4LfBGDuKYR7NkELOomcDtjvDvUQ1TPO2Yt3EMeEVulPZC0hJxpunje3xGqVcHzFEoWb8Fu08OsgplQqi2zWKPTI4JF_-zrlKQAGdS=w437-h320-no

Every tiller looks a little different, but they all adjust by loosening the knob, moving the tiller forward or backward and while holding the tiller tightening the know. This is something you can do yourself or have the vendor do it for you when they deliver the scooter.

DWzb3JzZM8CuhR3mRB1sFXb87THC0LwL0xA3ua5h_oNg6nlXpMNDTTsgP-6SXtBVTpwsMq2cfzSEp2DVwK4VtgSkNmUD0-y1oXervOi33RMmwkDDg6K1tlkaYMCZARzKSbyjATFVcF7FTcsqhTB36GO1CrKFkZLXgvteQ3v9B4FiC1OTbuu7weMZOrNULn9cv58ilaWA532Qcpa3e7_McSefgHfC1Rlw7O3QzDDioPhaG5WzG_Kd6MPMFB2uxomfvcyQA0uAggbUEAlGKJqIZ6deLbCccQeachZrgpU5cC5DF1PlB0i1XIyReLQoJDgExsOSwBZC22fkHOIkoOCbfXSlJxau06S9b4puIPQ7N5Y53TT0m0oRP-WlYnGoPQiJj3k3rEb40dXUH9ZA85RU-OoHK127OaMCnuKrRRtWKhWeYeUBETWMXfb1UmcBGAOSgEFv3KnFwLzBWmshIXShXqfXhF9Ah-g6sw3dVGtV0MzpHEuohmujH3ql23ImSiQ2Tvd43jTp4WRWew6rH6F-PrCYGuAI5x4GUOJ7AHYOODIjvLl9QPVVanxxNuuEYddopgCRc0cKVRXp9jox6nVtPDkzDCQI6GUHCFOzKMYJKUEkZzAdTXsuGhCG3hDXgMloF5H29sxg4uymvcI4SpvM_Q7V=w446-h453-no

DWzb3JzZM8CuhR3mRB1sFXb87THC0LwL0xA3ua5h_oNg6nlXpMNDTTsgP-6SXtBVTpwsMq2cfzSEp2DVwK4VtgSkNmUD0-y1oXervOi33RMmwkDDg6K1tlkaYMCZARzKSbyjATFVcF7FTcsqhTB36GO1CrKFkZLXgvteQ3v9B4FiC1OTbuu7weMZOrNULn9cv58ilaWA532Qcpa3e7_McSefgHfC1Rlw7O3QzDDioPhaG5WzG_Kd6MPMFB2uxomfvcyQA0uAggbUEAlGKJqIZ6deLbCccQeachZrgpU5cC5DF1PlB0i1XIyReLQoJDgExsOSwBZC22fkHOIkoOCbfXSlJxau06S9b4puIPQ7N5Y53TT0m0oRP-WlYnGoPQiJj3k3rEb40dXUH9ZA85RU-OoHK127OaMCnuKrRRtWKhWeYeUBETWMXfb1UmcBGAOSgEFv3KnFwLzBWmshIXShXqfXhF9Ah-g6sw3dVGtV0MzpHEuohmujH3ql23ImSiQ2Tvd43jTp4WRWew6rH6F-PrCYGuAI5x4GUOJ7AHYOODIjvLl9QPVVanxxNuuEYddopgCRc0cKVRXp9jox6nVtPDkzDCQI6GUHCFOzKMYJKUEkZzAdTXsuGhCG3hDXgMloF5H29sxg4uymvcI4SpvM_Q7V=w446-h453-no

This is something you should ask the vendor to do. It is not difficult, but you have to lift the seat off. Remove the bolt or whatever is used to slide in the hole. Raise or lower the upper seat post like adjust the legs of a mobility walker.

Sometimes, the bolt or post may be jammed or rusted into place and that is what makes it somewhat difficult to do it yourself if you have trouble lifting or bending over while working.

Some scooters do not have the option to raise or lower the seat.

Most scooters do not have electric seat rise or lower function.

WDW Scooter Rental & WDW Stroller Rental
GMS offers scooter rental and stroller rentals to Orlando, Kissimmee, Celebration, Davenport, Lake Buena Vista, all Disney World Resorts, All Universal Studios resorts, all convention centers, International Drive area, timeshares and private residences through-out Central Florida.

Our brand new 2018/2019 rental fleet of highly upgraded mobility rental scooter rentals and premium stroller rentals are now released into service, our rent a scooter rental customers are guaranteed the newest, cleanest, and most advanced rental equipment available. All the rentals we offer are Disney approved scooter rentals. All rental scooters can be used at WDW theme parks and resorts.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with FREE upgraded extended range batteries, FREE adjustable cup-holders, FREE cell phone holder, FREE USB phone charging port, FREEupgraded L.E.D. ground safety lighting, and Victory 10 rental scooter models come FREE upgraded with a maximum comfort luxury Captain’s chair and a 3 Speed Cooling Fan!

GMS stroller rentals come standard with FREE rain cover, and FREE parent organizer w/cupholder. All rental strollers and baby/toddler equipment is delivered clean and certified Sanitized.

Affordable flat rate all inclusive pricing. All accessories provided FREE of charge, quick and easy online reservations, FREE damage waiver policy, FREE in-person delivery and pickup included. If you prefer to book by phone, our customer call center is open 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM 7 days a week at 407-414-0287 Risk-FREE with never any Cancellation charges or Change fee's ever. Life happens, and we at Gold Mobility Scooters understand!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter