Going to WDW Next Week and I'm a little stressed

MonikkaM

Earning My Ears
First time we've ever taken a family vacation. My husband and I will be traveling with our 8 yo, 3 yo and 16 month old daughters.

We have reservations to stay at Pop Century (3/27-3/31) and we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the 30th of March while we are there.

I'm worried b/c I think the dining reservations I made are not so good. I got one for the evening of the 30th at Sci-Fi Dine In theatre for my husband and I (kids will be with a sitter in the hotel room) and one for the Princess Storybook lunch on Friday for at the Restaurant Akershus.

Do you guys think that these are good choices? Plus do you have any suggetions on things that we probably should see while we're there?

Monikka

I have never eatten at sci fi but i will this july and it seems to me that it is not a romantic place to eat if that is what you are looking for. Could you try Le cellier in epcot or any other sit down restaurant?

Have fun on your trip, and don't be stressed!!

The Princess Storybook breakfast will be great for your daughters. While not my personal favorite of the character meals, it is great for the girls!

We like Sci-Fi for lunch - that is DD9 and I, but if it's for you and your DH to be out for an evening, for an anniversary dinner, I agree with the other poster, that you might want to try something different to make it a special grown up evening.

I would have a few other choices in hand and call back to Disney Dining and see if you can't get anything different.

Hopefully some others can give you some suggestions - it's normally DD and I that go out to eat, and mostly lunch time rather than dinner.

I think San Angel Inn at Mexico looks like it would be a nice place to go as a couple. It's like dining under the stars (only inside) - but that's Mexican cuisine, and again as the other poset mentioned - most of the restaurants at EPCOT seemed to be well recommended for the most part!

if you can't get a park dinning reservations - remember that the MK resorts are a monrail ride away from the MK.....

the Epcot resorts are a boat ride away from the Studios

You can walk over to the Epcot resorts just go out the back door of Epcot - International Gateway.

I would go with 'Ohana at the Polyn, California Grill at the Cont, Artist Point at WL (boat ride away from the MK), Steakhouse at the YC....

I would first try Canada Le Cellier or bistro de paris.....

My wife and I did Ohana's at the Poly and loved it. It has a great atmosphere. :thumbsup2 Also while at WDW we did the Sci-fi dine in theatre with our DD5 and she had a good time. :tongue: I would not recommend the Sci-fi theatre for a romantic dinner. On the other hand, my daughter loved the Princess story book lunch at restaurant Akershus. ::yes::

Have a great time at the House of the Mouse

John
:wave:

I would try O'hana at Poly for a great dinner for just the two of you. Make sure you tell them you are celebrating for a special treat. Sci Fi is good too but not really all that romantic. California Grill is very nice too and we liked Brown Derby too. But O'Hana is the favorite for all and try and ask for a table by window if they do fireworks that night. You can also go out on beach and watch them after dinner depending if they have them that night and when dinner is. Happy Anniversary early and have a great trip.

Your selection is good, have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter