Going to WDW in 8 days

PixieChic86

Earning My Ears
Hello all and first and foremost thank you for any information and tips given.If I've placed this in the wrong category please forgive me, its almost two in the morning. I've spent this past week reading various posts and getting ideas for my upcoming WDW trip. We-myself, DM (couldn't find a abbreviation for mom so i think this is it), and DS (will be 6 almost 7 months pregnant when we go) are staying at the CBR for four nights. I've been to Disney countless time since I was about two (almost 20 now) and have stayed at Dixie Landings (now one of the Port orleans i believe), many many times at FW, and recently have been staying at the POP.

Now for the questions, we won't be going to the parks (mostly due to DS being pregnant and the extreme crowds that will be there the days that we're planning on going), so what are some of your favorite things to do outside the parks and your favorite restaurants-something that we could all sit down and have a good time?

We plan on hotel hopping and trying out different restaurants that we couldn't before with a group of 8. So if that helps...Thanks.

DTD is a great place to start. Try either the Rainforest Cafe or Capt n Jacks for lunch. Both serve really good food. Then walk around for awhile taking in all the shops. You can also head over and see a movie at the theater at West End. Over at the Boardwalk Inn try walking around and enjoying the seaside feel and all their little shops. I haven't eaten aver there yet but I know there are plently of great restaruants there. You could do some mini golf also. Then try going to the TTC and riding the monorail around both Epcot and MK. This can be fun and relaxing as you sit in a temprature controlled climite. Then get off the monorail at the various Resorts, Poly, GF, CR and walk around maybe even take a boat shuttle to WL and enjoy the geiser they have that goes off regularly. There is so much to enjoy beyond the parks you will probably not get it all done. Good luck. :cheer2:

Yes, plenty to see at DTD. And touring the different resorts is a lot of fun and helps you know which one you'd like to stay at next!

Go visit the Boardwalk area. Lots of restaurants to try, 5 resorts to see and the walk around Crecent Lake is pretty. Or you could rent a surrey bike -- one with bench seats for 4 or 6 or even 8. You pregnant sister could just sit and not pedal. If you are there on a Fri - Sun night I know they have a few carnival type entertainers out along the Boardwalk in the evenings. I remember a guy on stilts, a fire-eater, an old fashioned snake oil salesman who involves the audience in his act, and a cowgirl. And you can see a few of the very high fireworks of Epcot's Illuminations.

Hope you have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter