Going to Volcano Bay before check-in

mackaylc

Mouseketeer
I wanted to book three nights at Royal Pacific (October 6-9, 2022) but for some reason the Thursday is all booked up for all premier hotels. (A side note, if I booked earlier in the week, they are available, only Oct 6 is booked). So I booked RP from Oct 7-9 with 3 day 3 day tickets), and have a room only booking on October 6-7 at Cabana Bay. We want to go to Volcano Bay on October 7, will I have difficulty with our tickets if we are not checked into RP? We won't need the Express Pass until we are safely checked in to RP but I would prefer not to have to make the trek to RP before we go to Volcano Bay on the Friday. Thanks for your help!

October 6-7 Cabana Bay
October 7-9 RP
October 7 Volcano Bay
October 8-9 UO/IOA

I wanted to book three nights at Royal Pacific (October 6-9, 2022) but for some reason the Thursday is all booked up for all premier hotels. (A side note, if I booked earlier in the week, they are available, only Oct 6 is booked). So I booked RP from Oct 7-9 with 3 day 3 day tickets), and have a room only booking on October 6-7 at Cabana Bay. We want to go to Volcano Bay on October 7, will I have difficulty with our tickets if we are not checked into RP? We won't need the Express Pass until we are safely checked in to RP but I would prefer not to have to make the trek to RP before we go to Volcano Bay on the Friday. Thanks for your help!

October 6-7 Cabana Bay
October 7-9 RP
October 7 Volcano Bay
October 8-9 UO/IOA
So you have a package at RPR with dated tickets starting Oct 7? I’m sorry but I have no idea if you need to check in to RPR to activate those. I have never bought a package at Universal, this might be a question to call them about If no one else answers.

if it turns out that you do need to check in first, you should be able to send one person over to do it.

October 6-7 Cabana Bay
October 7-9 RP
October 7 Volcano Bay
October 8-9 UO/IOA
I’m confused— Royal Pacific doesn’t include express pass for Volcano Bay, only for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

You’ll get early entry (usually a 1/2 hour early) at Volcano Bay with staying at Cabana Bay, as well. And there’s a designated entry at Volcano Bay for Cabana Bay guests.

Your plan looks solid to me. You’ll have to transfer luggage & check into RPR after your day at the water park.

When you say you have three day tickets, does it include the ticket you are using to go to VB? If so, you should be able to get your tickets from the ticket office inside CB. If not, and you are only using the three day tickets while staying at RP, then you can pick up your tickets at RP when you get there, then go to the other 2 parks after you check in. Your RP hotel card is also your express pass, and is good the day you check in through the day you checkout. So you will have express, with your RP hotel card, on the 7, 8, and 9, until close of parks on the 9th. The express with the 3 hotels has nothing to do with the type of ticket or pass you have.

And I rarely use a package, as not usually saving me any money. Plus. I’ve been a passholder for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter