Going Back! The 2nd Time's Gotta Be Even Better Than The 1st, right? - A Sept PTR

I need a new purse.

This is the purse I'm currently using

dsc06982qh.jpg

I've had it for years and it's been great but... it's starting to fall apart.

The fabric around the buckles is wearing...

dsc06983b.jpg

The corners are coming undone...

dsc06984rc.jpg

The top of the bag is fraying...

dsc06986tb.jpg

And there's this horrible stain on the pocket...

dsc06985.jpg

So I decided I was going to get a cute new purse while I'm at Disney World! I can't wait!

So I saw this bag here on the DIS and I absolutely fell in love!!!!

disneydooneybourke.jpg

It's so cute and it's so me and I love, love, love, love, LOVE it! :lovestruc The only thing is... it's a LOT more money than I feel comfortable spending on a purse!

But it's so cute!!!!! And I've been getting so much work lately that I can definitely afford to splurge a bit!

One of my favorite things about the pattern of the bag is the little Mickey Ice Cream bars! Adorable! Reminds me of the antenna topper I have on my car:

topperf.jpg

I don't know!!! I guess we'll wait and see when I get there. Also, I hear the bags have been selling out like crazy. So there is a chance they won't even have any while I'm there.

I did see this bag in the Disney Store online

vinylmationbag.jpg

Also very cute and VERY affordable!

So I dunno. I'll definitely spend a lot of time shopping while I'm there. I may find something I really love and that is a good price. Or I may end up splurging on the Dooney & Bourke bag I am head over heels for!

No matter what I end up with, I know I'll have lots of fun shopping and looking at bags! ;)

In other news, Nacho was adopted this week! Yay!

Which means I get to spend this weekend cleaning and sanitizing hamster cages! Haha! But he did go to a wonderful family with kids that were just so great with him! I'm so happy!

Tomorrow is my last night staying here at the house I'm sitting at! I'm going to miss this dog... but I so cannot wait to sleep in my own bed again!

So I recently got another sitting job the week before I'll be at WDW! The family actually gets home the day I leave! Which means I'll wake up that Sunday morning pack, go home and finish packing for WDW, then head to the airport!

Signing on to your PTR! I love the pictures of your Apartment-- so much light. I especially loved the LOST figurines. Hubby and I have wanted them for a few years, but I don't have a place for them. We just got some new DVD shelves, though-- your post has inspired me!

Can't wait to read more! We are going in Sept and staying at POFQ. =)

Signing on to your PTR! I love the pictures of your Apartment-- so much light. I especially loved the LOST figurines. Hubby and I have wanted them for a few years, but I don't have a place for them. We just got some new DVD shelves, though-- your post has inspired me!

Can't wait to read more! We are going in Sept and staying at POFQ. =)

Welcome aboard!!!

I only have the first series of Lost figures. They came out with a 2nd series that has Sawyer, Jin, Sun and Mr. Eko. I'll have to get those at some point to complete my collection!

Haha, have fun Lost-ing up your new DVD shelves! ;)

I'll be sure to check out your PTR!

I LOVE both purses!!! I couldn't decide which one to get! The last purse I bought was in NYC in Chinatown....in a basement. :rolleyes:
:yay: Yay for Nacho getting adopted!!!!

Hi, joining in!! Everything sounds great so far-- your doggy is adorable! Also, I think your Poly plan sounds great. We LOVE MK, but if neither you nor your BF are crazy about it, hanging out at the Poly makes much more sense! I think you will like the regular Dole Whip more than the float. I don't think it's as sickeningly sweet. It's refreshing and yummy!

I need a new purse.

This is the purse I'm currently using

dsc06982qh.jpg

I've had it for years and it's been great but... it's starting to fall apart.

The fabric around the buckles is wearing...

dsc06983b.jpg

The corners are coming undone...

dsc06984rc.jpg

The top of the bag is fraying...

dsc06986tb.jpg

And there's this horrible stain on the pocket...

dsc06985.jpg

So I decided I was going to get a cute new purse while I'm at Disney World! I can't wait!

So I saw this bag here on the DIS and I absolutely fell in love!!!!

disneydooneybourke.jpg

It's so cute and it's so me and I love, love, love, love, LOVE it! :lovestruc The only thing is... it's a LOT more money than I feel comfortable spending on a purse!

But it's so cute!!!!! And I've been getting so much work lately that I can definitely afford to splurge a bit!

One of my favorite things about the pattern of the bag is the little Mickey Ice Cream bars! Adorable! Reminds me of the antenna topper I have on my car:

topperf.jpg

I don't know!!! I guess we'll wait and see when I get there. Also, I hear the bags have been selling out like crazy. So there is a chance they won't even have any while I'm there.

I did see this bag in the Disney Store online

vinylmationbag.jpg

Also very cute and VERY affordable!

So I dunno. I'll definitely spend a lot of time shopping while I'm there. I may find something I really love and that is a good price. Or I may end up splurging on the Dooney & Bourke bag I am head over heels for!

No matter what I end up with, I know I'll have lots of fun shopping and looking at bags! ;)

In other news, Nacho was adopted this week! Yay!

Which means I get to spend this weekend cleaning and sanitizing hamster cages! Haha! But he did go to a wonderful family with kids that were just so great with him! I'm so happy!

Tomorrow is my last night staying here at the house I'm sitting at! I'm going to miss this dog... but I so cannot wait to sleep in my own bed again!

So I recently got another sitting job the week before I'll be at WDW! The family actually gets home the day I leave! Which means I'll wake up that Sunday morning pack, go home and finish packing for WDW, then head to the airport!

Both purses look really cute! I think you'll be very happy either way. The Dooney one will probably be a collector's item at some point so it may be worth it to splurge? :cutie: But then again you may find something you like at the WDW and want to splurge there. :cloud9:

Yay on Nacho getting adopted! That's wonderful news that he's going to a loving family!

So they have extended the Wishes dessert party until the end of the year! I am still deciding if I want to do it...it IS a lot of sweets for one day, LOL. And I honestly have not had a bad view of Wishes, so we'll see. I may try and fit it in one night!

Hi, joining in!! Everything sounds great so far-- your doggy is adorable! Also, I think your Poly plan sounds great. We LOVE MK, but if neither you nor your BF are crazy about it, hanging out at the Poly makes much more sense! I think you will like the regular Dole Whip more than the float. I don't think it's as sickeningly sweet. It's refreshing and yummy!

Welcome aboard!!!

I could spend a lot of time at MK... but we did just go last year so everything is still fresh in my head. So I wouldn't mind just doing everything I didn't get to do last year and then all of my absolute favorites.

Here's hoping plain Dole Whip is less of a disappointing experience than the Dole Whip Float was!

So this is the camera bag I am taking to WDW:

dsc07087s.jpg

Compared to the camera bag I usually use... it's a lot smaller (and lighter!):

dsc07089j.jpg

So I loaded it up and found it has room for my D300, 28-300mm lens, Lensbaby Composer, Lensbaby Fisheye Optic, Holga, some filters, an extra battery, and extra memory cards:

dsc07092f.jpg

So that's what I'm bringing!

I'll also be bringing my Point and Shoot camera, but I'll be carrying it in my pocket:

sonycybershott70front1.jpg

I've been wearing my camera bag all packed up around the apartment. It seems like it will be light enough. I am slightly disappointed this means I have to go through the bag check every day! Last year I didn't bring a bag at all, and it was so nice to just be able to walk into the parks with no waiting! Haha, it's not that bad though. And it will be worth it to have the pictures I'll take with my camera!

Oh, I'm so excited!

So the Wishes Dessert Party was finally extended! And The Boyfriend and I talked it over and decided not to do it. We are looking forward to seeing Wishes from the Poly that night!

So we have it arranged with The Boyfriend's mom, sister and brother to each take turns staying over here at our place to take care of Rosie while we're at Disney! I'll give Ziggy enough food and water to last the week and he should be good. (Plus The Boyfriend's brother loves hamsters, so I know he won't mind checking in on him.) And I'll get Walter a vacation feeder. And if I happen to have any foster pets at the time, I'll arrange to have them stay with other volunteers for the week.

Speaking of which... I've got new foster pets! I'm fostering a pair of female rats. Their names are Daisy and Minnie. I didn't name them. They came with those names. Whenever I tell people the names they go, "Oh god, you gave them Disney names..." I really didn't! They came with the names!

I'll post pictures of them soon! (After I take some!) They're sweet little girls! Very entertaining! I love how smart and social rats are!

So while we're on the subject of pets, aprilisis recently posted a puppy photo in her PTR and it was sooo cute I said I'd post a puppy photo in my PTR!

32219514594846408767008.jpg

That's Sadie! She belongs to The Boyfriend's mom! She's a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. She loves to chew on Rosie's ears. She's also grown a bit since I took that picture!

Welcome aboard!!!

Here's hoping plain Dole Whip is less of a disappointing experience than the Dole Whip Float was!

I was also a little disappointed at the Dole Whip Float when we went for the 1st time last year. I tried just a plain Dole Whip at DLR and it was MUCH BETTER. I don't see what the juice really adds to the experience. :confused3

So this is the camera bag I am taking to WDW:

I'll also be bringing my Point and Shoot camera, but I'll be carrying it in my pocket:

So the Wishes Dessert Party was finally extended! And The Boyfriend and I talked it over and decided not to do it.

All we have is a PandS. I woudn't know what to do with more than that! Is the Holga the one that takes nice vintag-ey pictures? I think I remember reading about that on Chubbymonkey's thread...

I am still debating the WDP. I want to do it, but not for the food. I hate fighting crowds... but do I hate fighting them that much? No. I doubt we will do it, but maybe someday! ;)

I was also a little disappointed at the Dole Whip Float when we went for the 1st time last year. I tried just a plain Dole Whip at DLR and it was MUCH BETTER. I don't see what the juice really adds to the experience. :confused3

Haha! I hope I feel the same! I love coke floats and root beer floats and such... so I decided to try the Dole Whip float. I'd never had plain pineapple juice before... (I've only had it mixed with other juices) so when I had it with the float, I realized I wasn't a big fan of plain pineapple juice! So I'm thinking the Dole Whip by itself will be better!

Is the Holga the one that takes nice vintag-ey pictures? I think I remember reading about that on Chubbymonkey's thread...

That's the one!!! It's a plastic camera that uses film so you get real soft, vignetted photos!

I am still debating the WDP. I want to do it, but not for the food. I hate fighting crowds... but do I hate fighting them that much? No. I doubt we will do it, but maybe someday! ;)

Here's hoping they continue to do the WDP every year so that we can both do it one day! Oh, I hate fighting crowds too!

I so admire people who can take beautiful Disney pictures! I love my Sony Cybershot and DO NOT have patience for fancy cameras!! I can't wait to see the shots you take with yours, though! That bag looks like it'll be a lot lighter than your old one.
That puppy is just precious!

I so admire people who can take beautiful Disney pictures! I love my Sony Cybershot and DO NOT have patience for fancy cameras!! I can't wait to see the shots you take with yours, though! That bag looks like it'll be a lot lighter than your old one.
That puppy is just precious!

I love my Sony Cybershot too! I will definitely be using mine a lot on this trip! I do hope the bag is significantly lighter!

Thank you! She is definitely cute! But boy is she full of energy!

So I made my DME Reservation online as soon as I got my flight info... which was over a month ago. Then over the weekend I got an e-mail from Disney saying, "Please be advised we would not be able to process your Disney Magical
Express due to this web site is for our Wholesale Partners." Great, thanks for letting me know that now! So I had to call Disney to get the DME added to our reservation. Well, I've been so busy this week and I only had a few minutes here and there between jobs. So I called during my first break and was on hold for a very long time. I had to end the call and I was late for work! So I called on my next break and luckily I wasn't on hold very long! The lady I talked to was very nice, but she had a very heavy accent and I had trouble understanding a lot of what she said. But the good news is I got the DME added to my reservation!

Now I just hope we get our luggage tags before we go!

So I made my DME Reservation online as soon as I got my flight info... which was over a month ago. Then over the weekend I got an e-mail from Disney saying, "Please be advised we would not be able to process your Disney Magical
Express due to this web site is for our Wholesale Partners." Great, thanks for letting me know that now! So I had to call Disney to get the DME added to our reservation. Well, I've been so busy this week and I only had a few minutes here and there between jobs. So I called during my first break and was on hold for a very long time. I had to end the call and I was late for work! So I called on my next break and luckily I wasn't on hold very long! The lady I talked to was very nice, but she had a very heavy accent and I had trouble understanding a lot of what she said. But the good news is I got the DME added to my reservation!

Now I just hope we get our luggage tags before we go!

Eek! I am worried about our ME reservations as well. I added it on after the fact (last year we booked our flight through Disney), and I have confirmed with them, but I will be happy when we actually get everything in the mail! I also hope that SIL's mail gets to her in MT even though everything was billed to us...

I hope you get your mail soon!!:goodvibes

Eek! I am worried about our ME reservations as well. I added it on after the fact (last year we booked our flight through Disney), and I have confirmed with them, but I will be happy when we actually get everything in the mail! I also hope that SIL's mail gets to her in MT even though everything was billed to us...

I hope you get your mail soon!!:goodvibes

Have you gotten your mail yet?? I haven't and I'm anxious!!!!!

Don't worry, I'm still here! And I'm still going to WDW! I've just been crazy busy with work lately! Which is good because it means I'll have lots of money to spend when I go to WDW! :woohoo:

So I'm super excited because not only am I going to WDW in September... but then I'm also going to Martha's Vineyard in October! I'm going with my parents and it will mostly be a shopping/taking pictures trip... with plenty of eating yummy seafood of course! I'm so excited! I haven't been to Martha's Vineyard since 2005!

So yay! Two vacations this fall!!!

I don't really have anything new to post about my WDW trip, so here are some pictures of the scrapbook I made for my last trip:

2311033530105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2668102810105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2166798710105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2388260000105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2093916130105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2853563310105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2210614560105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2141902560105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2298951080105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2115152270105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2837522460105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

2888050670105608304S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice scrapbook!!! That is awesome about Martha's Vineyard, too. I am embarrassed to say I live in MA, but have never been there. :rolleyes: I have heard nothing but good things about it, though! I am looking forward to photos! Wow...you are in WDW next month!!! You must be getting excited.

Nice scrapbook!!! That is awesome about Martha's Vineyard, too. I am embarrassed to say I live in MA, but have never been there. :rolleyes: I have heard nothing but good things about it, though! I am looking forward to photos! Wow...you are in WDW next month!!! You must be getting excited.

Oh, I love Martha's Vineyard! My great-grandparents lived there so my dad would go visit them every summer during his childhood. Then when he married my mom, he started taking her there regularly and she fell in love with the place too! Then when they had kids, they'd take us there! So we have this great family history there which is pretty cool! And the place really hasn't changed much at all since when my dad used to go as a kid!

Since you live nearby, I'd definitely recommend at least taking a weekend trip there sometime! And you can't leave the island without riding The Flying Horses... which is the oldest carousel in the US and one of the few carousels left with a brass ring game! It's my personal favorite thing to do on the island! :)

I am excited!!!!!!! But it looks like I'm the only one! I asked The Boyfriend yesterday if he was excited about WDW and he said, "No" !!!! He said it's still too early for him to get excited! He said he probably won't start to get excited until the week before we go. Oh well. At least I have DISers here to share my excitement with!

So I've been having a pretty good week! First of all, I got Mickey Mail!!!!! My DME packet came in the mail this week!!! And my MYW vouchers and luggage tags came too! Plus, I had my first sale on Etsy!!!! I sold an 8x10 inch print of this photograph that I took:

il430xn154848364.jpg

So that was super exciting! If you want to check out what else I have in my Etsy shop you can at trickiwoo.etsy.com I currently only have photographs and candles up for sale... but I'm planning on getting some jewelery up this month!

So I'm starting to think I'm completely insane for bringing my DSLR to WDW! A couple days ago I took my camera on a 30 minute walk and my back is still sore! I can't believe I'm going to be carrying it around all day long for almost a whole week! I am going to be so sore and achy! But it will totally be worth it! (I hope!)

So when I took my camera on a walk the other day, I brought along my Lensbaby Composer lens with the Fisheye Optic. Here's one of the photos I took:

fisheye.jpg

I cannot wait to bring that lens to WDW!

So... in one month from today I will be on a plane to Orlando!!!!

2161269590105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Then I'll get on the DME and head to POFQ!!!!

2397163270105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

After I check into my hotel, I'll hop on a boat and head to DTD!!!!

2603766810105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

I can't believe I'm down to the 1 month mark! It doesn't feel like I'm going that soon!!!

So in other exciting news, I'm going to a DISmeet this weekend! I'm looking forward to meeting other local DISers!

Also, I have potential adopters coming over this weekend to see the rats and hopefully take them home!

:banana:I finally got my mail as well! It came on Monday. I so excited!

Congrats on your first Etsy sale! I hopeyou have many more!

Less than one month-- I can't believe it! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter