Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as for the metabolism, we're just dead dull at home, you wouldn't recognise us! We have treats at the weekend but apart from that we exercise 4 or 5 times a week, walk our 2 dogs every day, and cook all our meals from scratch. I honestly don't eat that badly all of the time!! Or so I say . . .!!;)

You are so funny! :rotfl2: I loved your cheeky remark on your Crystal Palace review about the broccoli in the midst of mashed potatoes, rice, turkey, and mash... "I like to be healthy." :rotfl: Seriously, though, I get that you actually have healthy habits at home. I know what it is ... because it's the same for us... the rest of life is just training for the days you can be at Disney! ::yes::

Dinner was at one of our faves, Cheesecake Factory. We discovered this last year in Vegas and went 3 times in a week (when we give our love we give it with our whole hearts). Got there about 7.30ish, loads of people waiting outside but they had a table for 2 ready so we went straight in! Yey! Had a lovely server, efficient and friendly – wish I had made a note of her name! Now here we made a fatal, amateur mistake. We learned last year never to have an appetizer here as portions are so big that you stand no chance of a dessert (and what’s the point of going here without a dessert?!). But then we saw the sliders . . . we like sliders. So we ordered them (to share). Then I ordered the Factory burger which I loved last year and TG ordered the Tuns of Fun double burger.

Yup – we managed to order burgers for our appetisers and entrée!!!! Doh!

The sliders were lovely, tender and moist. I had one, I’m guessing we didn’t leave any so TG must have had 3!
CIMG2270-1.jpg

Burgers – I ordered the wrong thing!!! I think it was the classic burger I had last year in retrospect, this "factory" burger was long rather than round. The burger was super nice, but it was in really crusty bread rather than a soft roll, which filled me up super quick! Don’t get me wrong, it was good bread, but sooooooooooo filling. I don’t often eat fries (I am a mash girl) but I have been saying for a year that CCF do the world best fries and I stand by it – lovely! Just cooked to perfection!
Mine is at the front, and would you look at the size of his burger!!:-
CIMG2276-1.jpg

TG loved his – “10/10 for all, an excellent meal”. And we are unanimous!

We were stuffed, we had both left some burger, but I was darned if we were going to leave here without some cheesecake! Such a big dessert menu but after much thinking TG went for the snickers cheesecake and I went for the coconut one. It arrived and looked so good. We both just groaned, clutched our tums and had to ask for To-Go boxes – defeated at last!!!!!!!!!! Here are the piccies of them in our room – they didn’t travel too well!!
Coconut left, snickers right:-
CIMG2397-1.jpg

We sampled them the next day and they were very nice, really thick topping – just wish we could have had them with the meal! 10/10 from me as well – good quality food, excellent service, loads of menu choices for all three courses. (Side note, just to prove it is impossible to manage three courses here, our friends went here a couple of nights after us on our recommendation, stuffed 3 courses, and my poor friend had to go throw up in the toilets there!! Apparently the strawberry cheesecake isn’t so tasty coming the other way!!!. They also give it 10/10 apart from that!!!!)
That was it for today!

Up very soon, POR foodcourt, MK popcorn, Main St Bakery, Plaza Lunch, Crystal Palace dinner.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad to know there is a CCF here. I thought the only one was at DisneyQuest! I added the waterpark & more option to our package just to get to the CCF!!!!!!::yes:: I always get the one with peanut butter & chocolate. Forget the food just hand over the cheesecake & no one gets hurt:scared1:

Love your report--can't wait to read the rest!

Your reviews are awesome but oh my, now I am so confused. I was going to try to add another 1 or 2 ADRs this week and I just can't decidewhich places. I keep reading and think that one, then next one I read I think no that one. LOL! So many places to eat, so little time at Disney World!

Dinner was at one of our faves, Cheesecake Factory. .

I'm so glad to know there is a CCF here. I thought the only one was at DisneyQuest! I added the waterpark & more option to our package just to get to the CCF!!!!!!::yes:: I always get the one with peanut butter & chocolate. Forget the food just hand over the cheesecake & no one gets hurt:scared1:

I'm sure I saw on Allears a couple of months backthat CCF are pulling out of DisneyQuest from May :scared1: . I hallucinate about food a lot though, so does anyone else remember seeing it?!

I'm sure I saw on Allears a couple of months backthat CCF are pulling out of DisneyQuest from May :scared1: . I hallucinate about food a lot though, so does anyone else remember seeing it?!

You are correct. Cheesecake Factory is leaving or has left DisneyQuest. Their contract was up and they didn't or were not renew. I heard speculation they joined the DisneyQuest venture on the premise that there would be multiple DisneyQuests across the country. That didn't happen, so no more CCF on property.

Kim

Quick question about CCF...I have in my notes that it's at the Mall at Millenia, is this correct? And how far from the WDW area is it?

Thanks!

I can't wait for another update :banana:

Quick question about CCF...I have in my notes that it's at the Mall at Millenia, is this correct? And how far from the WDW area is it?

Thanks!

I can't wait for another update :banana:

It is! Took us about 15 mins to drive there from Port Orleans. It's open even after the Mall is closed as it has its own entrance.

Haven't been able to write today - putting a new bedroom in. For anyone British I have two words -darn MFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

It is! Took us about 15 mins to drive there from Port Orleans. It's open even after the Mall is closed as it has its own entrance.

Haven't been able to write today - putting a new bedroom in. For anyone British I have two words -darn MFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Oh, that is so lovely of you to build us a bedroom for when we do our house swap. You shouldn't have! :rotfl2: (Don't know what MFI is, but it sounds like a real bummer.)

Seriously though, you are missed and we're all waiting patiently for that next review!

How have I never had an ice cream sandwich?! That looks amazing. We did Crystal Palace for the first time last year and loved it, I just love Winnie the Pooh :love:

Laur's princess:

Pooh's Honey Pot

Feel welcome to visit me in Birmingham, Alabama- (1.5 hour flight to the mouse or about a 10 hour drive)

We have a Cheesecake Factory- very delicious
and a Krispy Kreme that has those warm, melt in your mouth doughnuts you were dreaming about. The ones that are light as air and collapse in to sugary goodness in your mouth. The secret is to go in when you see the "Hot Now" sign on, that means they have just made a fresh batch. I have to drive by KK on my way home from work each morning (I work 11pm to 7am) and I think that KK has a giant magnet on their sign because my car keeps turning in- either there or Panera Bread- another wonderful pastry shop.

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks a bunch.

such great reviews, keep up the good work :thumbsup2

food looked fab, mouth watered at the burgers- i might have to pop out now and get 1 for lunch :rotfl:

bad MFI then??

Because of you (and don't worry am not mad at you for it) we are going to visit the cheesecake factory. Only can't fit it in on our week at WDW but luck would have it there is one near we are spending our second week. So 1 meal that week sorted.

Keep up the good work.

Kirsten

Great posts!!

How can you possibly eat that much!!

My tummy is full just from reading! :rotfl:

Can't wait for the next one!

Okay - I just found your report this AM and have browsed all 11 pages!!! :thumbsup2 I'm coming back later to READ all of it ........ and I'll be sharing with DH! Love to hear someone else's perspective ... :goodvibes

Sorry for delay, the lap top has died and all the photo's are on it - arghhh!!! Should be back tomorrow - hope so as I have the next couple of days all ready to post!!

Alarmingly TG has sent off for an emigration info pack today! There will soon be a food-shortage in Florida if we arrive!!

Just to let you know about the Rueben sandwich's bread--the brown parts are pumpernickle bread swirled with the regular rye bread. A lot of ruebens are made either with rye bread, pumpernickle bread, or a bread that has those two flavors swirled. So from the picture, it doesn't look burnt, just normal--but I could of been wrong, it wasn't me who had the sandwich!! :)

Ah, maybe I got confused . . . it was good anyway!!! Meat is good - you wouldn't think I was once a vegetarian for 13 years would you?!

Your reviews are awesome but oh my, now I am so confused. I was going to try to add another 1 or 2 ADRs this week and I just can't decidewhich places. I keep reading and think that one, then next one I read I think no that one. LOL! So many places to eat, so little time at Disney World!

Its so hard isn't it - we will only be in Disney for 7 nights next year so we're having to narrow it down to our very favourites and not try anywhere new!

:thumbsup2 Oh, that is so lovely of you to build us a bedroom for when we do our house swap. You shouldn't have! :rotfl2: (Don't know what MFI is, but it sounds like a real bummer.)

Seriously though, you are missed and we're all waiting patiently for that next review!

You are most welcome! And if you can just build a pool at yours then the deal can commence!!!!:rotfl2:

How have I never had an ice cream sandwich?! That looks amazing. We did Crystal Palace for the first time last year and loved it, I just love Winnie the Pooh :love:

Laur's princess:

Seriously as good as they look!!!!
Pooh and Eeyore rule! They can keep Piglet - I look at him, I just want more ribs to eat!!!!!!

Pooh's Honey Pot

Feel welcome to visit me in Birmingham, Alabama- (1.5 hour flight to the mouse or about a 10 hour drive)

We have a Cheesecake Factory- very delicious
and a Krispy Kreme that has those warm, melt in your mouth doughnuts you were dreaming about. The ones that are light as air and collapse in to sugary goodness in your mouth. The secret is to go in when you see the "Hot Now" sign on, that means they have just made a fresh batch. I have to drive by KK on my way home from work each morning (I work 11pm to 7am) and I think that KK has a giant magnet on their sign because my car keeps turning in- either there or Panera Bread- another wonderful pastry shop.

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks a bunch.

Ohh I am drooling for a hot original glazed. I live 3 hours from a hot light! Isn't that cruel!?

such great reviews, keep up the good work :thumbsup2

food looked fab, mouth watered at the burgers- i might have to pop out now and get 1 for lunch :rotfl:

Well if you like burgers wait for me to get to Beaches n Cream. The best EVER!

bad MFI then??

Because of you (and don't worry am not mad at you for it) we are going to visit the cheesecake factory. Only can't fit it in on our week at WDW but luck would have it there is one near we are spending our second week. So 1 meal that week sorted.

Keep up the good work.

Kirsten

Yey!! Its nice to help . . . just remember the two course rule!!! :rotfl:

Bad, bad MFI . . . I only have half a bedroom for the next 2 weeks!

Great posts!!

How can you possibly eat that much!!

My tummy is full just from reading! :rotfl:

Can't wait for the next one!

Eating it is not a problem. Losing it again is somewhat of a struggle!! I have constant tight waistband marks engraved on my tum at the minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter