Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about the tonga toast, at least you got one good one on the trip though. It always looks so good but I've just never been able to fit a trip to Kona for breakfast into our plans.

Oh and that mint sundae looks yum, I'm drooling now just looking at it.

How disappointing that your tonga toast wasn't good.:(
Could you tell me about the bananas in it? Are they in some kind of a sauce, or just sliced and placed between the two pieces of bread?
Have you ever had a Monte Cristo sandwhich? Those are great if they are made well....
Looking forward to more updates!! Yummm that sundae looked SO yummy! I love anything mint and the milk choc fudge was a better choice by my taste!

Love reading your food reviews! I am so hungry now and nothing in my house looks as good as anything you ate! I wish I knew about some of these places before I planned my trip...but that saves me some for next time!
I especially love the look of that Tonga Toast (sp?) and the coffee. Probably too late for me to try and get some since we will be arriving in WDW in 2 days...But you never know....

Your pics are great and hopefully I get the nerve to take pics of our food while we are there! I know my DH will think I'm completely nuts :laughing: but it looks like such fun and food makes memories too!

Can't wait to hear more!

can I just say . . . .in honor of your trip report . . .. I HAD to run out today and get a chili cheese dog (with real cheese)--Yummy!

Shame about the Tonga Toast.

Funny how all you wanted was ice-cream when you were feeling sick. Doug and I got sick on our Honeymoon in Thailand, actually I got my dodgy tummy in Singapore then gave it to Doug in Thailand. But when we were both a bit delicate all we wanted was ice-cream. The hotel in Chang Mai has the best banana splits and it really hit the spot.

Am looking forward to Bahama Breeze review, and hoping it is a good one, as the menu looks so good that it is already scheduled into our trip.

Kirsten

Yay, I'm caught up again!

I've been a member of the 50's Prime Time Cafe's "Clean Plate Club" in the past. I earned a sticker. ;) I enjoy the fried chicken and meatloaf there, and the s'mores...I guess that's really American if you can't get graham crackers in the UK!

You must have a hummingbird's metabolism. That's the only explanation for your twiggy nature. ;)

Oh I didn't get a sticker and I licked my plate clean!

NO graham crackers - see why I want to emigrate?!

Thank you for the training advice! Actually I usually end up with a doggy bag and I don't have a dog:worried:
But I do have a very well fed garbage can!!!::yes::
Looking forward to more of your culinary adventures!!!!

Ironically we do have dogs and one of them is virtually anorexic - doesn't eat a thing! We're not sure who's side of the family she comes from!!!

you are a loveable hoot :goodvibes do you ever get indigestion?????:confused3 keep writing-- you are magical:lovestruc

I can honestly say that apart from last year on the drive between Vegas and LA when we stopped at something called a Quiznos Subs and I was sick for two whole days I am never ill from food! We do NOT like Quiznos Subs in this house!!! :sick:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. That's how I am feeling waiting for you to finish the next day of your report. Can you please just ignore all these other people's questions and concentrate on the report?:)

I'm trying to type faster!!!!!

Ok...all caught up!

Also, since you seem to like tuna sandwiches, I had the best one of my life (yes, of my life) at Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge when we went in April. I've never had a tuna sandwich anywhere else in the world, but this one was top notch, really. And it was so huge! Top it off with one of the megasize brownies and a diet coke and I was a happy, happy lady!

Looking forward to your next installment!

Oh will try that for lunch next year!:thumbsup2

I have been following this thread. But after seeing the food at Trails End, I had to chime in to say I can not wait to go there. We just switched to TE from WCC and I'm more excited to be going now. We are also doing 50's and I may have to get over to POP and try that chili cheese dog. Can't believe we've stayed there a couple times and I have never had that! popcorn:: Here's to as many reviews as you have. :worship:

ALERT!! AVOID THE FAKE CHEESE!!!

You will love TE! Not glamerous I(sp?!), but nice and hearty! Went down so well after a days swimming!!

What kind of people go to Chef Mickey's and don't wave their napkins?:confused3

Love the reviews!:)

I know! It was just me and Donald keeping the side up!

I can answer that one! Stick-in-the-mud, poopypants types of people don't wave their napkins. ::yes::

YEAH!

I would wave my napkin, but the last time I tried it I nearly put out my own eye and I knocked over a glass of juice. :rotfl2:

And then I tried waving a small towel at a playoff baseball game a few years back (rally towels ... you guys know what I'm talking about) and it resulted in a near miss that would have resulted in the spillage of much skunky beer.

I've now been officially banned from napkin waving. :lmao:

You are excused!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Shame about the tonga toast, at least you got one good one on the trip though. It always looks so good but I've just never been able to fit a trip to Kona for breakfast into our plans.

Oh and that mint sundae looks yum, I'm drooling now just looking at it.

It was divine. I have bought a load of low calorie mint choc chip this week which I am hoping will taste the same!!!

I just have to focus on the memories of the first tonga toast!

How disappointing that your tonga toast wasn't good.:(
Could you tell me about the bananas in it? Are they in some kind of a sauce, or just sliced and placed between the two pieces of bread?
Have you ever had a Monte Cristo sandwhich? Those are great if they are made well....
Looking forward to more updates!! Yummm that sundae looked SO yummy! I love anything mint and the milk choc fudge was a better choice by my taste!

The bananas are sliced and stuffed right in there. Pretty sure there was no sauce.

I wanted to try a monte cristo in DLR last year and ran out of time thanks to the two days of sickness mentioned above!!! Would I have liked it??

I especially love the look of that Tonga Toast (sp?) and the coffee. Probably too late for me to try and get some since we will be arriving in WDW in 2 days...But you never know....

Your pics are great and hopefully I get the nerve to take pics of our food while we are there! I know my DH will think I'm completely nuts :laughing: but it looks like such fun and food makes memories too!
!

Oh my goodness two days! Have a great trip! And try for the tonga toast - so good (half the time!) :rotfl2:

You must take pictures to make us all drool!!!

can I just say . . . .in honor of your trip report . . .. I HAD to run out today and get a chili cheese dog (with real cheese)--Yummy!

YEY!!! Was it good????

Shame about the Tonga Toast.

Funny how all you wanted was ice-cream when you were feeling sick. Doug and I got sick on our Honeymoon in Thailand, actually I got my dodgy tummy in Singapore then gave it to Doug in Thailand. But when we were both a bit delicate all we wanted was ice-cream. The hotel in Chang Mai has the best banana splits and it really hit the spot.

Am looking forward to Bahama Breeze review, and hoping it is a good one, as the menu looks so good that it is already scheduled into our trip.

Kirsten

Icecream is real comfort food for the belly, isnt it?!

Don't wish to worry you, but still have the worst review of the trip to come . . .:scared1:

I would wave my napkin, but the last time I tried it I nearly put out my own eye and I knocked over a glass of juice. :rotfl2:

And then I tried waving a small towel at a playoff baseball game a few years back (rally towels ... you guys know what I'm talking about) and it resulted in a near miss that would have resulted in the spillage of much skunky beer.

I've now been officially banned from napkin waving. :lmao:

Good grief. I think someone needs to show you the proper form of napkin waving that would keep you and any Sacred Beverages out of trouble!
What part of fully extending your arm over your head and twirling wildly can't you do? :rotfl2:

Time to comment on the gluttony!

Tonga Toast Part Deux: It is sad to see a repeat item go horribly wrong. That's why food reports often see such mixed reviews for the same item or restaurant. If the food is consistently good, emphasis on consistent, the majority of the reviews are fantastic.

Ghirardelli. I loooooooooove ice cream, yet I would not be able to finish those monsters! Yum, though!

Pizza Hut. Wow. All I can say is, wow. If I were that manager, she'd be out the door in two seconds flat. There's no way she should be arguing like that, especially in front of customers. Of course, when you were there, it was empty, but you never know if there was a busy time before you came.

But by your description, I doubt it. I'm doing real pizza (by that, my favorite Chicago style, Gino's East) next week with some DISers. I will salute you and your love affair with our food. ;)

LOL--after catching up on your reviews yesterday I had to go get a chili cheese dog . . . . .

lol @ your anorexic dog....that is so funny! All the dogs I have had have been chow hounds! (My beagle was the worst, but she NEVER gained weight because she was so active).
A monte cristo is great if it is made well. I first had one when I was young at disneyland in the blue bayou restaurant. On subsequent trips my daughter and I would split one, or she would order a kids meal and I would order clam chowder and we would swap.
The monte cristo is bread with thin ham, turkey and cheese. I have had them with swiss cheese and monterey jack and I think gueyre (sp?).
My favorite is swiss...as it tastes kind of nutty.
Then top with another piece of bread. Dip in egg mixture (just like french toast). and cook it together as you would french toast.
It is usually sprinkled with a little bit of powdered sugar. Then on the side you can usually get sour cream or strawberry jam (my daughters favorite.)
As long as they don't use too much butter, they are fantastic! Yummm.
Now I want a monte cristo...lol.
Looking forward to more!!

lol @ your anorexic dog....that is so funny! All the dogs I have had have been chow hounds! (My beagle was the worst, but she NEVER gained weight because she was so active).

The monte cristo is bread with thin ham, turkey and cheese. I have had them with swiss cheese and monterey jack and I think gueyre (sp?).
My favorite is swiss...as it tastes kind of nutty.
Then top with another piece of bread. Dip in egg mixture (just like french toast). and cook it together as you would french toast.
It is usually sprinkled with a little bit of powdered sugar. Then on the side you can usually get sour cream or strawberry jam (my daughters favorite.)
As long as they don't use too much butter, they are fantastic! Yummm.
Now I want a monte cristo...lol.
Looking forward to more!!

That sandwich sounds good!! Can't believe I had to miss it!

This is Milly - she is a cross springer and cocker spaniel, seriously hyper and moderately anorexic.:rotfl2:
CIMG1553-1.jpg

This is Wilbur, named appropriately after the pig in Charlotte's Web! He is grumpy, greedy and lazy. God help us if we feed him even three minutes late - he has a serious death stare. Bless him he's the love of my life!!!
CIMG1611-1.jpg

Just thought you should meet the rest of the family.:thumbsup2

Oh Rats.....

Yup, think that was what I ate!!!!!!!!!!

Time to comment on the gluttony!

Tonga Toast Part Deux: It is sad to see a repeat item go horribly wrong. That's why food reports often see such mixed reviews for the same item or restaurant. If the food is consistently good, emphasis on consistent, the majority of the reviews are fantastic.

Ghirardelli. I loooooooooove ice cream, yet I would not be able to finish those monsters! Yum, though!
I'm doing real pizza (by that, my favorite Chicago style, Gino's East) next week with some DISers. I will salute you and your love affair with our food. ;)

Oh enjoy your pizza!! :)

It's not put me off the tonga toast, that first one was enough to win my love!! Thinking about it, I may well still have been full from Chef Mickeys the night before which wouldn't have helped :rotfl2: .This is a lesson in never changing from your plan - I should have stuck with the macadamia pancakes on the 2nd visit!!

LOL--after catching up on your reviews yesterday I had to go get a chili cheese dog . . . . .

I've started a trend!!

Good grief. I think someone needs to show you the proper form of napkin waving that would keep you and any Sacred Beverages out of trouble!
What part of fully extending your arm over your head and twirling wildly can't you do? :rotfl2:

You think that tag of mine that reads: trips on painted lines in parking lots is a joke? :rotfl2:

I'm the least coordinated, least graceful person you don't really know. :lmao:

Milly and Wilbur are precious!!! I LOVE dogs and can't wait until I can get another dog!
Thank you so much for introducing them to us! Where do they stay when you vacation? I bet they pine for you when you and your hubby are gone.
Looking forward to more!!!

Your furry kids are awesome. I just picked up a baby German Shepherd about 3 weeks ago. It is the smartest dog I have ever had. Incredible guy.

Mmmm, mint bliss sundae at Ghirardellis - by far and away my favourite ice-cream. I was so gutted that Ghirardellis was closed on our last trip and I didn't get my fix. I will have to make up for it next time and have two (or maybe 3).

Shame about your second round of Tonga Toast - so you can have too much of a good thing ;)

Loving the report!

If you love Krispy Kreme, you need to come here to Atlanta! We have the original KK here store here (as well as many many other outposts). But the original location is still the best, IMO. We also have some great places for ribs (Fat Matt's Rib Shack comes to mind)! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter